It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

in an era of remakes what movie do you most want to se remade and with who

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I would like to see Dark City remade with Jake Gyllenhaal.

m.imdb.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
A matter of Life and Death (Stairway to heaven (US)) Brilliant black and white film 1946.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I would like to see The Dark Crystal remade by Guellermo Del Toro. Completely unknown cast, and take it where it needs to go. A close second would be to have a remake of Legend, though Tim Curry can never be topped.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

What about the movie "My Science Project"

Also the Rocketeer:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Fine
since my dissenting opinion on film is not welcome, I'll play along

Midnight Cowboy

with Chris Pratt as Joe Buck, co-starring Demetri Martin.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I don't remember Ice Pirates?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

Whaaaat?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

That's a shame

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
DUNE!!!!!!!

With Scarlet Johansen as sexy Bene Gesserit witch Jessica!!

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I would like to see a remake of doctor strange cuz im watching it right now and its not very good

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This one is easy for me.

The Star Wars prequel trilogy.

If as a television mini-series or something, executive produced by Bryan Fuller, and let Dave Filloni have some contribution to certain episodes (but not the bulk.)

If as a trio of films again, produced by Kathy Kennedy et al, and directed by Rian Johnson, Guillermo Del Toro (especially for Episode III - I want that movie to be downright horrific, and get much more deeply into the darkness of Sith sorcery and such,) and/or Peter Jackson if they want to keep it a little more iconic and bombastic, but still more emotionally resonant (imo) than the prequels as they stand now.

Even if we accept all of the canonical justifications and rationalizations for why things are as conflicting continuity-wise as they are between the classic and prequel trilogy, I've still never been able to quite accept how tonally inconsistent they are, beyond just being distinct "eras." I really, truly want to see this happen, and see it done profoundly well.

I love George Lucas and am not one of his vocal critics as many are - I stand by the opinion that he has given the world a net positive, by far, and that three movies we don't like aren't enough to hate the man as many seem to. But I believe these stories can be given more of what they, imho, deserve than they have been, personally.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
My troll answer? Remake the Matrix. And do away with the dubstep mosh pit. As well as the mechanized warriors. Seriously make it feel more like the matrix is where the battleground really is. And make the machines more machine like. As in their AI in the physical world is more limited.

A movie I would like to see remade how it should have been remade?

The day the earth stood still. That Keanu reeves remake stunk. Remake it again and keep the same principle. Don't change it.

A remake that has not been remade yet?

Remake one of those old Clint Eastwood war movies.

A remake of something movie like but not a movie? They did assasins creed... but I would only accept an uncharted movie, IF it has someone who can actually pull off Nathan drakes character correctly. Nolan north is an awesome voice actor, but Nathan Fillion has the charm and witts. Just not mark Wahlberg. (#ing auto correct....)

A remake of something non video game like?
Icp, as hated as they are, actually have a good premise to a general theme for an undead carnival uprising. If done with the correct vision I could see a much better and darker gore like horror movie with a proper moral.

Remake something that was shown as a tv series?

I would love to see a movie version of either the black list, black mirror, or lie to me.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Remake "They Live" with Bruce Campbell.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

That would be amazing.

You win.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Monty Python's "The Holy Grail" reimagined by the writers who scripted "Deadpool"... and Tarrantino.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Chris Tucker as Bruce leroy???

Id like to see the Back to the future trilogy re-done.
Buuuutt..... not really.... idk, i dont think ANYONE could do it justice!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

YESSSS!!!!! BRAVO MY FRIEND, BRAVOOOO!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

His name is Robert Paulson.

(Thanks! I needed that eye-opener today!!!)
edit on 11/3/2017 by Brian4real because: Grammer

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
How bout 'Weird Science' with Daniel Radcliffe, and Zac Efron? Kate Beckinsale as Lisa???
(Im admittedly biased towards her after seeing 'bloodwars'. NOBODY rocks the latex better!!! Drooling....)

God, i could think of tons of "fun" remakes!!!

GREAT TOPIC/POST!!!!
Double s&f for you!!!
edit on 11/3/2017 by Brian4real because: Grammer

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Happydustin
childs play. Chucky played by the midget guy from game of thrones (forget his name but hes a good actor)

I believe the name is Peter Dinklage.

they've done a bunch of Dracula variants and some Frankensteins, and some Mummys, but no Creature of the Black Lagoon. would love to see Katy Perry as the female lead. and Francis Capra (Weevil on 'Veronica Mars') as the boat captain ('ah senor, you forget, we are at sea, and at sea it is the Captain who gives the orders', pulls out big knife...)

Buckaroo Banzai, but only if they could get John Lithgow to re-do Whorfin/Lizardo.

I would love to see a really good remake of Raise the Titanic. great book, awful movie. they have the sfx now to do it right. (James Cameron to direct? Billy Zane as Dirk Pitt?)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join