It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview interrupted: Small kids derail dad's BBC chat-awkward

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

LONDON (AP) — Two small children have lightened up a serious television interview on a weighty subject by barging into their dad's office while he was on the air. Professor Robert E. Kelly was talking to the BBC from South Korea on Friday to discuss the ouster of that country's president when a small child danced into the room apparently unconcerned about the interview. The BBC anchor took notice and alerted Kelly. As Kelly was trying to shoo the child away, a baby scooted into the room in a walker.

www.apnews.com...

This video is going viral right now and while a lot of folks think it's hilarious, i feel like it's sort of uncomfortable to watch. Their dad was visibly embarassed and could have handled it better. He pushes the kids away and the nanny literally drags them out.

I bet i know what happened after the interview. Kids in time out and nanny fired.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
That was the nanny! I would fire her ass for dragging my kids like that..

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hahahahaha!

Amazing. That first kid was kickass.

I like the way the dad smacked her in the face.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

The nanny looked Korean. Anything to do with the narrative?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Thats kids for ya!

The first kid sauntering was hilarious

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12

Well, they are in Korea...

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
That's the difference between a parent and a professional with children.

A parent would chuckle and excuse the interruption with "kids, what can you do?" shrug...

A professional with children does what this d-bag did. I'm sure an epic meltdown and screaming tirade followed.

I feel bad for the kids. To have parents that care more about their careers than their families is revolting to me.

I've got 4 kids, and 3 grandkids. I've been embarrassed, busted, and literally caught with my pants down many times....

In the end you learn to laugh, because those moments are the things you cherish as you age.

Ps. I loved the strut the first kid had as he was strolling in, that was epic!

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12

Maybe it is his wife and not the nanny.
edit on 10-3-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: ATS glitch?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114
That's the difference between a parent and a professional with children.

A parent would chuckle and excuse the interruption with "kids, what can you do?" shrug...

A professional with children does what this d-bag did. I'm sure an epic meltdown and screaming tirade followed.

I feel bad for the kids. To have parents that care more about their careers than their families is revolting to me.

I've got 4 kids, and 3 grandkids. I've been embarrassed, busted, and literally caught with my pants down many times....

In the end you learn to laugh, because those moments are the things you cherish as you age.

Ps. I loved the strut the first kid had as he was strolling in, that was epic!

I was thinking the same thing when I saw his reaction. He could have easily just been father of the year by picking the kid up on his knee to play it off. However, the way he responded made him look like kind of a douche bag parent w/ a nanny imho.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Give a guy a break, he was most likely mortified, it's not like we all can easily get an interview with BBC everyday.

Not to mention, he has his Office at home for a reason, it's to be closer to his kids, I don't think it's as bad as it looks, he was just caught off guard and kinda didn't know how to react.

He could of easily picked his child up, but that also could of shown he wasn't as serious about the interview.

In all honesty though, because this went viral, is most likely the best thing that could of happened to him, and should be buying those kids a trip to Disney Land and their weight in candy, along with a good long hug.

I know my mind is in 7 thousand places before any kind of interview, add a home office into the mix and you're ripe for some unexpected fun.

While he could of handled it much better, he didn't yell or hit anyone, if you saw the amount of papers on his desk, I bet anything he was preventing his child from further delaying the interview by moving said papers.

It was extremely cute to see the kid come bouncing in like it was a House Party Movie, that part cracked me up.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yup, his career may have even benefited. People are usually impressed by someone who can manage a career and a young family while maintaining your sanity. When you explode , you lose credibility, as you can't handle suprised well.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

hahahaha....smacked? gently pushed but not smacked

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

You may well be right, but I don't personally know the guy.
I know I was bidding a job for some people of high regard in my small town, that I badly needed to establish my buisness.

While doing the meeting with the owners, the gentleman asked if my son likes trees..
.I'm thinking wtf? He points out the window, and low and behold, my son is pissing on his pear tree...

Long story short, I apologized, they laughed and reminded me they had raised kids too.

He may have been flummoxed from being on tv, however he is a professor, and shouldn't be easily rattled.
But, that's life.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

It was like a little pimp slap. On the face with some knuckles.

Good job kid. Shame. Shane on you! You just ruined your family life cause your dad can't handle the pressure.

I hope they kept the box the refrigerator came in because this family is ruined.

Belt buckle ass whoopings for all.
edit on 10-3-2017 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Grammar fixin

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

This could have been handled with a smile. It was an honest moment in a man's life. Who hasn't been interrupted at an inopportune time?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Lesson learned: If you are going to have a home office somewhere where kids live . . . invest in a door with a lock.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Ha ha...I'm a writer and work from home. I'm also a grandma who takes care of a 3-yr-old 99% of his day and a 1-yr-old for a much smaller percentage. I have weekly conference calls with my boss, which are invariably interrupted at least a dozen times by the 3-yr-old (who can't bear not to be the center of attention.) Yesterday my boss, in a very serious manner, told me he had a video I should watch, since he knew how difficult it is to work from home when you have kids or grandkids. I thought it was going to be some time-management or similar type thing...and it was this. I laughed till I cried. That is MY WORKDAY, every single day. It made my day, and it made me feel SO much better to know I'm not the only one. To all you people saying the dad is an asshole, YOU try it.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

Great story. I'm sure you've had some funny times.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The kid in the walker was the best.

I get a kick out of how fast they can move in them.

The dude shouldn't have freaked out about it, imo.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Nope it was the nanny

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join