It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans would let employers demand workers’ genetic test results

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: daniel2sxc
a reply to: TarzanBeta

yea its an idea, those that run their business on that philosophy should have that right is all im saying who cares on their ethics just focus on your own business i believe everyone has the right to run things the way they find most effective comfortable or whatever

They have the right to run their business, but government should not be giving the authority to mandate genetics as a terms of employment. That's simply wrong.

Frankly government needs to back off. In that case, all the idiots that hire their genetically superior slaves will be run into the ground by my genetically inferior slaves because of our collective intellect and grit.

Anyone who needs to understand their employees' genetics just simply have no idea how to motivate the human heart.

Let them fall.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

so ur concern is the people that would use it to the extreme but as i said most people would act in a balanced manner using every bit of information to form a conclusion
edit on 11-3-2017 by daniel2sxc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: daniel2sxc

and act on their conclusion with confidence based on evidence

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

so ur concern is the people that would use it to the extreme but as i said most people would act in a balanced manner using every bit of information to form a conclusion

I think my major concern is that government cares about this at all.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

people bring their ideas to government thats why this is a thing, its prob more concerning when there are no watchers

since this is a thing now people can debate about from hereon it'll evolve from there this branch of idealogy

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

it also from my opinion a pretty soft law u wont really notice it so it is a good starting zone to whatever can turn from this

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

This thread isn't true. You have a CHOICE where you CAN complete certain tests. It's not mandatory. It's all over the place how this was apparently misunderstood by so many people (including me).

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

exactly

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

This thread isn't true. You have a CHOICE where you CAN complete certain tests. It's not mandatory. It's all over the place how this was apparently misunderstood by so many people (including me).

That's not the purpose of a bill.

There was a choice before the proposed law. There's no need for a law to grant choice.

Businesses will have the authority to mandate. That's the issue. Mandate.

It may be voluntary for people, but that is not at all how businesses will use it. No DNA, No Job! Find someone who wants your inferior self.

But like I said, let them fall.

A lot of people are about to find out how genetically inferior they never knew they were if this passes.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

u have lost ur faith in people? TT

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

u have lost ur faith in people? TT

Not at all. That's why I don't need them genetically tested!

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Oooh! I like it! Not only will my workplace insurance premiums go down, I can really start moving up in the world! My family has really top-notch DNA - great health and longevity, going back five US generations.

The defectives in higher positions than me with stronger than average potential to develop diabetes, heart disease, cancer, etc., better watch it! I'm gonna blood test my way right into that cushy chair and fat salary!

Sure... They've been performing at a high level for years, while I'm new to the industry, but hey, I've earned it! Just take a few drops of my blood and see for yourselves who is really the most worthy! Muhuhahaha!!

/Diabolical laugh off
/Sarcasm off
/Disgust limit exceeded

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

cmon man XD the employer and employee work consciously on different levels they have different concerns and fears and goals and are frankly not the same like a different persona they arnt thinking the same thoughts so u gotta accept the different idealogies otherwise things become unproductive like me and you talking we will prob never come to a conclusion XD but u gotta accomdate different sides and let each side grow cuz i believe its unfair if you dont know what can come from it besides ur fears thats not reality lol

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

u can compare it to abortion XD killing off ideas prematurely

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

cmon man XD the employer and employee work consciously on different levels they have different concerns and fears and goals and are frankly not the same like a different persona they arnt thinking the same thoughts so u gotta accept the different idealogies otherwise things become unproductive like me and you talking we will prob never come to a conclusion XD but u gotta accomdate different sides and let each side grow cuz i believe its unfair if you dont know what can come from it besides ur fears thats not reality lol

While I agree with the first part of that, I find it incumbent upon me to provide the proper thinking to anyone doing my work for me.

If I fail, it is because of me. I won't keep anyone down.

That was done to me by dozens of people who couldn't see that I was, in fact, smarter than them. I simply didn't believe in manipulating them with my knowledge of sports or whatever their interests were.

No. I won't hurt people. I won't consider anyone less than me. I'll correct, I'll call out, I'll even be mean to get my point across.

But I won't hurt them.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

u can compare it to abortion XD killing off ideas prematurely

I like your spirit. But ideas are not souls.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

While I agree with the first part of that, I find it incumbent upon me to provide the proper thinking to anyone doing my work for me. If I fail, it is because of me. I won't keep anyone down. That was done to me by dozens of people who couldn't see that I was, in fact, smarter than them. I simply didn't believe in manipulating them with my knowledge of sports or whatever their interests were. No. I won't hurt people. I won't consider anyone less than me. I'll correct, I'll call out, I'll even be mean to get my point across. But I won't hurt them.

ok i understand lets conclude on this
edit on 11-3-2017 by daniel2sxc because: refrence to that one

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

(Yahoo.com)-A little-noticed bill moving through Congress would allow companies to require employees to undergo genetic testing or risk paying a penalty of thousands of dollars, and would let employers see that genetic and other health information.

Giving employers such power is now prohibited by legislation including the 2008 genetic privacy and nondiscrimination law known as GINA. The new bill gets around that landmark law by stating explicitly that GINA and other protections do not apply when genetic tests are part of a “workplace wellness” program

www.yahoo.com...

I cant see this being a good idea, but yet, still see a line of morons lining up to go along with it.

I'd like to think this would be considered an invasion of privacy, but then again, if you don't do this, would you be allowed to have a job?

I think this sort of idea should fall into the same classification as IQ tests. You can't use them as part of a hiring process unless you can prove it's highly relevant to the job. Simply selecting the best genetics to work for you wouldn't count, but if you worked with a certain cancer causing material, and someone had the genetics to not react to that... I could see it.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
So what's next... Employers declaring that they suspect you're depressed and forcing you to systematically treating it or lose your job? Madness, let's focus on productivity in a safe and secure workplace. Personal issues should remain so unless they impact the workplace, even then the individual has rights.

I think they can already do that in certain jobs.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
On the plus side we can request the reports of our elected officials.

Until they North Korea the reports and give those in power a superior lineage.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join