It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Cuts EPA Funding: Unable to Cope, TOP EPA OFFICIAL RESIGNS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: GuidedKill

-Even with new regulations, carbon is only expected to decrease by 1.8 percent by 2030.

Can we put a coal plant next door to you? how about letting them dump into your water supply? seems fine..get a brita filter I guess.

I actually have one near me and fish it's cooling tower exhaust waters all the time in the Winter....Hell fishing is SOOOOO GREAT next to the plant they don't let you keep fish in the Winter time cause there are SOOO many it's like shooting fish in a barrel...

What else do you have

I hear fish near the Fukushima power plant are mammoth sized...amazing! grab your rod.

OVERVIEW
Power plant water discharges are filled with toxic pollution such as mercury, arsenic, lead, and selenium—heavy metals that can cause neurological and developmental damage, cause harm in utero, damage internal organs and cause cancer.

Enjoy your tumors and brain damage...actually, this explains a lot...

But the EPA denied any of that radiation was hitting California and the west coast. Without even testing. Even though they got a bunch of scientists they could have sent to check it out. Maybe they did test but since it came out bad they went into defense mode.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

-Even with new regulations, carbon is only expected to decrease by 1.8 percent by 2030.

Can we put a coal plant next door to you? how about letting them dump into your water supply? seems fine..get a brita filter I guess.

I actually have one near me and fish it's cooling tower exhaust waters all the time in the Winter....Hell fishing is SOOOOO GREAT next to the plant they don't let you keep fish in the Winter time cause there are SOOO many it's like shooting fish in a barrel...

What else do you have

I hear fish near the Fukushima power plant are mammoth sized...amazing! grab your rod.

OVERVIEW
Power plant water discharges are filled with toxic pollution such as mercury, arsenic, lead, and selenium—heavy metals that can cause neurological and developmental damage, cause harm in utero, damage internal organs and cause cancer.

You're a fool....Radiation and Coal aren't even in the same ball park...Hell they aren't even the same sport...

Just like all your other comments on the EPA your comment about the cooling tower run off in a coal plant show you know absolutely nothing about what you spew out of your mouth...The water used in a majority of US coal plants are used to only 'cool' equipment associated with the burning of coal and actually never even touch or are exposed to the actual burning process its self. The waters is used to cool pipes and other surfaces that get extremely hot in the process. Some are used in boilers situations but even then are not directly touching or are exposed to the actual coal.....

Get a grip man...I know you think you're saving the Earth by being the EPA number one fan boy but you're just making yourself look bad...

Even then what part of my comment about me living and fishing near a coal plant said I was eating and keeping fish....Matter of fact I said you can't keep fish from there cause there are soooo many fish...not because they are bad....Matter of fact right outside the plant are some of the most productive oyster beds in the nation. And at max production have been responsible for about 65% of the US oyster production...

EPA reminds me of this....

edit on 10-3-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Spot on. I'm so sick of people being completely ignorant of how things work but just believe whatever fake horror stories the biased groups publish.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

What else do you have

OVERVIEW

But the EPA denied any of that radiation was hitting California and the west coast. Without even testing. Even though they got a bunch of scientists they could have sent to check it out. Maybe they did test but since it came out bad they went into defense mode.

Fukushima is in Japan, not California...

You realize how big the pacific ocean is, right?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You're a fool....Radiation and Coal aren't even in the same ball park...Hell they aren't even the same sport...

gee, you dont say.

---Point--->

O

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This is excellent news, the EPA's main goal is to prevent the U.S. economy from growing as fast as it should, it's nothing but a globalist scam job (Agenda 21), and it's a breeding ground for cronyism. Everyone wants clean air and clean water, we don't need a corrupt, bloated government bureaucracy for this.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Spot on. I'm so sick of people being completely ignorant of how things work but just believe whatever fake horror stories the biased groups publish.

And by ignorant, you mean people giving conservative sourcing that backs my point over yours.

I dont think the term ignorant means the thing you think it means. Enjoy your day.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthyEveryone wants clean air and clean water, we don't need a corrupt, bloated government bureaucracy for this.

Yes, I am sure giant international megacorporations have our best interest at heart..lets remove the watchdogs that are meant to protect the little guy from boardroom actions of billionaires in protected community..they clearly serve no purpose.

All Hail corporate interests...the true stewards of the earths ecosystem.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

And by ignorant, you mean people giving conservative sourcing that backs my point over yours.

I dont think the term ignorant means the thing you think it means. Enjoy your day.

You didn't link anything. You just posted a quote about cooling waters being toxic without crediting any source.

My point was that he was completely correct about cooling waters. Where have you linked something that contradicts this?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

For Petes sake man the EPA has become political and given to doing strange stuff anymore. A few years back around here they allowed a coal wash dump into a stream because there was nothing else the electric company could do with all the muck. They took a huge fine but there was a huge fish kill.

In their stupidity they allowed China to ship good to the US on pallets that were full of ash borer larva........cause they really cant do an environmental impact study. Result is that millions upon millions of american ash trees have been killed.....and the EPA blamed local firewood salesmen as the scape goats.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You just posted a quote about cooling waters being toxic without crediting any source.

When the hell did I say anything about cooling water? I was discussing toxic dumping of coal plants which I put a quote from, then in my previous post (scroll up) I linked a hill article discussing the removal of regulations preventing actual dumping of toxic sludge into water from plants.

you are the one shifting the goalpost here.

Its a weird world when people cant even agree that toxic dumping into lakes is a bad thing

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Now you get to look forward to more of that type of stuff happening more frequently.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You just posted a quote about cooling waters being toxic without crediting any source.

When the hell did I say anything about cooling water? I was discussing toxic dumping of coal plants which I put a quote from, then in my previous post (scroll up) I linked a hill article discussing the removal of regulations preventing actual dumping of toxic sludge into water from plants.

you are the one shifting the goalpost here.

Its a weird world when people cant even agree that toxic dumping into lakes is a bad thing

LMAO you mean like this??

DENVER — The Navajo Nation filed a lawsuit on Tuesday against the Environmental Protection Agency and several corporations, saying that poisoned water that flowed from a punctured Colorado mine last year disrupted hundreds of lives near a critical watershed.

The lawsuit stems from an August 2015 episode in which contractors hired by the E.P.A. to assess a shuttered gold mine — the Gold King in southwest Colorado — accidentally broke the mine’s seal, causing about three million gallons of chemical-laced orange sludge to flow into the Animas River south of the mine and then into the San Juan.

Link

GOD BLESS THE EPA!!!

edit on 10-3-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I guess I was confused as to what you were responding to since he was speaking specifically about cooling water and fishing.

I guess this is part of larger pissing contest I missed.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

OVERVIEW

Guidekill was speaking about cooling water and SaturnFX was making it seem that cooling water was somehow filled full of heavy metals that cause neurological damage. Was a sneaky play, either that or he truly has no concept of what cooling water is and was simply confused. Anyway you look at it, was moving the goalposts, either out of ignorance or deceit.
edit on 10-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
At least we all agree 'draining' the swamp means removing entire programs.

I was confused for a while thinking it was like, single individuals that were sucking us dry. You know, like Hillary and stuff.

I mean, it just isn't fathomable for the administration to keep it's programs and replace the people in it, that would be like draining the pool or something, definitely not the swamp. The only way to drain a swamp is to delete entire programs. It's pretty obvious that's what it means.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Yup some of the best fishing around here is the nuke plant water outlets. nice warm water, the fish love it..

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: xuenchen

8 billion per year budget? Good lord, that's a lot of $. I wonder if a private organization could do the job of the EPA for a bit less? Seems like it's time to investigate some alternative methods to getting things done.

Step 1. remove red tape
Step 2. remove government involvement
Step 3. sell underwear. (sorry, big fan of the gnomes)

They actually have other departments not connected to the EPA that prosecute oil companies for dumping oil in the water. I work in the offshore oil and gas industry and BESSE and BOMAR are the organizations that fine the oil companies mega bucks for not following the regulations.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Drain that EPA swamp!!! they are about worthless....

Meanwhile in EPA free China

Ahh a conservative utopia..almost no regulations whatsoever.

Funny You say that because China is just like California with all the smog alerts.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

With nearly no regulations, how much is carbon meant to increase?

how much will a slew of new medical issues linked to heavy pollution cost the economy?

No that's not fine because mercury gets into the water supply and damages the ecosystem. We need a system that punishes the corporations that pollute but doesn't harass property owners whom want to dig a pond on their property.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join