It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Cuts EPA Funding: Unable to Cope, TOP EPA OFFICIAL RESIGNS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
So Trump decides to cut some fat off the EPA budget, and now one long term employee is quitting.

Somebody named Mustafa Ali has had it because funding to a specific program is getting chopped big.

It's the "environmental justice program" (if that actually even exists) that apparently "helps" minority communities.

Some quotes from other articles in this story..
Trump Cuts EPA Funding: Unable to Cope, TOP EPA OFFICIAL RESIGNS

Former senior administrator, Mustafa Ali, was responsible for directing the agency’s actions at protecting minority communities. He stepped down in a letter to Scott Pruitt, EPA administrator, voicing concerns for Pruitt’s plans on gutting the project.

Ali helped found the program in 1992 and is now trying to get out before democrats and activists start protesting the agency’s reduced impact under the Trump administration.

The EPA will undergo a budget cut of approximately $2 billion of their $8 billion budget, which will in turn cut their staff by 20%. Ali’s department’s funding would have decreased by 78%, going from almost $7 million to only $1.5 million.

Drain the Swamp is alive !!

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Drain the Swamp is alive !!

The swamp is overflowing because of Trump.

Donald Trump's EPA Pick Championed Exxon Mobil After Donations ...

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

That is an ironic statement, given that the EPA protects actual swamps and such from those who would like to dump pollutants in them, perform hydraulic fracturing in them, and for that matter other terrains and natural places to boot.

But who cares right? Drain the swamp! Remove the fat cats and the corporate shills (and replace them with oil billionaires and their lackeys).

I despair at your utter witlessness in this matter xuenchen. I swear I used to believe you had functioning synapses at one stage, but I suppose thats the scientific method for you. Better observation will sometimes lead one to have to change ones understanding of events.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yup and they keep the cows and horses from drinking creek water too and we know that's important to help save the world. But deer, raccoons, elk moose and other critters it's OK. Had inspectors come by every month for a while.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I understand the Coast Guard and the Centers for Disease Control are among the next targets.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
In my neck of the woods everybody is "on" for renewable energy, they put up solar farms and some people complain that they fry the local bird population, then they put up wind generators and people complain they kill the local birds....WTF???

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

That is an ironic statement, given that the EPA protects actual swamps and such from those who would like to dump pollutants in them, perform hydraulic fracturing in them, and for that matter other terrains and natural places to boot.

But who cares right? Drain the swamp! Remove the fat cats and the corporate shills (and replace them with oil billionaires and their lackeys).

I despair at your utter witlessness in this matter xuenchen. I swear I used to believe you had functioning synapses at one stage, but I suppose thats the scientific method for you. Better observation will sometimes lead one to have to change ones understanding of events.

Jobs Jobs, portfolios, Stock markets, who cares if the planet will end unlivable everyone will have a job on the dirty cinder that is left.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I understand the Coast Guard and the Centers for Disease Control are among the next targets.

That's the OMB's proposal at least. FEMA, USCG, and TSA would all get budget cuts while CBP and ICE get increases.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
In my neck of the woods everybody is "on" for renewable energy, they put up solar farms and some people complain that they fry the local bird population, then they put up wind generators and people complain they kill the local birds....WTF???

Did it ever occur to you that People may be made to make these complaints so that big oil will continue without competition?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
"It's the "environmental justice program" (if that actually even exists) that apparently "helps" minority communities. "

What the actual... What does the epa have to do with minorities?
Are you kidding me that this was an actual use of tax payer money to begin with?
Why do minorities even get financial support in the first place? I have to work for my income.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Looks like you are easily 'led'.

(get it? nudge nudge)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: TrueBrit

Looks like you are easily 'led'.

(get it? nudge nudge)

I like that you never actually deny your extreme partisanship or your distortion of facts or deny just plain making stuff up when somebody calls you out on it.

We always just get some half-assed attempt at being witty and some faces. Wash, rinse, repeat. And your sycophants lap it like always.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Environmental Justice

EPA has this goal for all communities and persons across this nation. It will be achieved when everyone enjoys:

the same degree of protection from environmental and health hazards, and

equal access to the decision-making process to have a healthy environment in which to live, learn, and work.

So after 40 years they still can't get there.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I like it too !!

You are not alone !!

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

8 billion per year budget? Good lord, that's a lot of $. I wonder if a private organization could do the job of the EPA for a bit less? Seems like it's time to investigate some alternative methods to getting things done.

Step 1. remove red tape
Step 2. remove government involvement
Step 3. sell underwear. (sorry, big fan of the gnomes)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The EPA is and has been a joke for a very long time now...While their original intention was admirable they are nothing but a red tape factory now.....Any U.S. Citizen who has tried to build anything has had to deal with these morons at some point and time and let me tell you it is a complete joke...Drain that EPA swamp!!! they are about worthless....

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
lol

drain the swamp. how ironic

RIP actual swamps

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Those top officials and their friends who own businesses probably get half the EPA budget. So good riddance. If they get more of the money to the people who actually do the footwork and promote competition in analyzing the information, then the EPA can work on half their budget and get just as much done.

The waste in these programs is so high, they spend all the money getting data and there is little left to fix the problems. I do believe the EPA is a good idea and it is good for our country but we need to get rid of the waste and spending the money in the wrong places. These people doing it do not even realize what they are doing half the time, they keep a blind eye to the things that effect those of their kind.

The Carp monitoring they are doing is a joke, just fix the problem and the Carp can't go into the great lakes. Part of this money goes through the EPA.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
Drain that EPA swamp!!! they are about worthless....

Meanwhile in EPA free China

Ahh a conservative utopia..almost no regulations whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I guess it's a matter of opinion, really. To me, I think cutting funding for things like this will only HELP minority communities as without a Big Brother they will need to focus on their own surroundings much more.

When you subsidize things like this, especially things which focus on racial makeup, you ostracize the people being "helped".

These people can handle their own environments. They are human, after all. Let's stop treating people as if they can't do it themselves and encourage them to create a better world to live in.

Again, until we can come up with a better idea than taking from someone else in order to help another, I just can't get behind the Democrats.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join