It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the USA's healthcare system outperform's Norway.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Then change your OP as it doesn't make sense to the argument you are trying to produce.

The US health care system did NOT outperform the Norwegian health care system You admitted that and that it never will.

Your argument seems to imply that even though the US system is not as good, its citizens are living longer.

That final statement may or may not be true - but the health care systems of the respective countries do not factor in, in my opinion, and you have shown no evidence to say they do.
edit on 10-3-2017 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

America leads the world in experimental treatments and techniques. That person can likely thank America that they even have an option to do anything more than just die.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

There is this but I'm sure you just saying something makes it true.

US is 18 on the list, for those who can't be bothered.

link   
a reply to: noonebutme

The US health care system did NOT outperform the Norwegian health care system You admitted that and that it never will.

Yes it did. Just because you won't read about it in an article doesn't mean it's not true.

Your argument seems to imply that even though the US system is not as good, its citizens are living longer.

My argument is that our system is better, therefore it is cutting the gap down.

That final statement may or may not be true - but the health care systems of the respective countries do not factor in, in my opinion, and you have shown no evidence to say they do.

Really? Healthcare has nothing to do with longevity? It's not the end all, be all but it's definitely a factor.

link   

You side stepped the issue, there is a huge problem with cost, and quality.

This has yet to be addressed. The med industry is protected by a monopoly, and that needs to stop.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That argument has been refuted plenty of times on these boards but it always pops up.

If you can't even be bothered to see if it is logically sound then no data thrown at you is going to make a difference.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

lol, american samoa is a US territory, so even using your nitpicking, I'm still right. But I have been referring to the western, first world countries throughout this argument. Sorry I left that off of a post.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: rickymouse

Now, just because the United states is improving has nothing to do with medicine, it has to do with promoting healthy eating.

LOL, you're joking, right? Our obesity rate has tripled in that time frame. Our sugar consumption is off the charts. Americans are less healthy today than at any time in our history.

Ok, so which is it?

Look at all the people we have living to a ripe old age in Nursing homes here in the USA, all doped up on meds so they can't complain.

You can't credit healthcare for bringing up the life expectancy here in the USA

Insulin resistance. People in Norway tend to have coffee that is brewed or uses a screen which is not run through a paper filter. It contains more of a chemical that stops insulin resistance. www.cnn.com...

Here in America they use a lot more coffee pots with paper filters, this removes most of that chemical. Diabetes is higher here while heart attacks have gone down. Too much of that chemical increases heart attack risk.

It is that simple. Drink your coffee screened or perked and your body is less insulin resistant and you will be skinnier and lessen your diabetes risk. If They started to drink half filtered and half steeped or perked there in Norway they could lower their heart attack risk. Take a happy medium. Finland is changing the way they make coffee and their diabetes rate is jumping up.

Science discovered this, medicine just told people to stop drinking caffeinated coffee and increased risks of many diseases.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

How is the med industry protected by a monopoly?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You specifically said the US is the fattest and it simply isn't.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Ok...? And what about Mormons, who don't drink coffee and are one of the least obese demographics in America?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

One of our territories is. So yes, it is.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

The AMA has a strangle hold on test facilities as far a locations and number. They also control the # of dr.'s in colleges.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

And what gives them that monopoly?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Try to open an MRI service without the AMA's cert.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The problem is you have offered zero evidence for your argument.

A single metric, being slightly less far behind than it was 50 years ago, is not evidence.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
One of our territories is. So yes, it is.

The fact that the US appears on that list separately can only mean that the continental US is measured on its own.

Of course, my original post said that people all over the world are unhealthy and life expectancy is rising, even if we accept your point it doesn't change that.

edit on 10-3-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

You can't say I've offered zero evidence then tell me my evidence isn't evidence. If you'd like more evidence you can always ask.

But here, let me ask you: what evidence would convince you that our outcomes have been gaining on the outcomes of those countries that have universal healthcare systems? I may not have time to do all of that research today, but if I do later in the week I will certainly try.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I agree. I was just being an ungracious host as you were being ungracious with the reading of my statement. I mean, just in Samoa, life expectancy went from under 50 to almost 73 since 1960! That's insane! I was talking about the developed world because, unlike Samoa, our lives didn't get exponentially easier in the last 50-60 years.
edit on 10-3-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

What is ungracious about pointing out the facts?

If you had bothered to look at that list there are quite a few underdeveloped countries on that list between Samoa and the US.

Worldwide people are getting fatter and also living longer which the post I was replying to wasn't taking into account
edit on 10-3-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join