It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statistically speaking... There's no chance your religion is correct.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Think about it.

There's thousands of religions or more, and quite often each religion suggests itself to be the truth, the only answer, the one that everyone should be a part of...

Can't people think logically for a second, and stop this nonsense?

The chances that your specific religion is the actual truth and only correct one.. Is essentially zero. That's from a logical, mathematic, statistical approach of the matter...

It's crazy to think that people mold their whole lives after such a thing - but that is their choice.

But to think that their beliefs derived from their Statistically deniable religion should have a place in politics is simply a joke, in my opinion.

Then others go even further and will even kill for their incorrect beliefs...

When will such madness end?

Posted as a rant because it's not well organized or presented. All comments welcome.

-deadlyhope

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

The cult of the mushroom is real, you are not.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Like that south park episode where all religions were going to hell. Mormon was the right one.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

All comments welcome.

Ok then...to be able to use statistics you would have to show some calculations, sample size etc. People have need of spiritual sustenance. When religion creates wars then we should question these things, but usually religion is used to justify the death of the cannon fodder and enemy. The real reasons are conquering and theft of resources.

Aren't you doing whats you condemned in your thread last week?
"A bit disappointed in those that divide us"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Wait. Cthulhu iz no real? I iz sad.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Am I attempting to divide anyone?

You have your right to your religion and I respect it.

But when archaic legislation is kept around and still even brought up as new, it's a bit ridiculous.

Then when wars are waged...

Do you not know that the whole Muslim thing is basically Muslims vs Christianity ?

The Christians I know hold onto this notion very strongly. That it's some type of holy war even these days.
edit on 10-3-2017 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Statistically speaking there is no good reason to think the universe happened in the way it did by accident either. The odds are so against all the variables that had to happen just perfectly for a life supporting universe doing so, that it defies reason to think we all got that lucky.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
65.38% of statistics have been proven wrong. The remaining 54.12% point in another direction.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

It's sort of Muslims v. anyone who's not Muslim when we talk about the radical variety actually. I'd have you go ask the atheist bloggers in Bangladesh, but you can't because Muslim radicals hacked them to death for not being Muslim.

I'd have the Buddhist corroborate that, but they killed him too.

The Yazidis would speak up ... if there are any left when ISIS gets done with them. They aren't Muslim see. Of course, for ISIS the Shi'ites aren't even Muslim enough and get killed.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
People use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post. More for support than illumination......R. Prodi

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh, I'm a Christian.

I just don't think that my views are completely correct and truthful.

I fully believe we are all going to be very surprised by what's in the afterlife - what that is, I don't pretend to know.

I have my beliefs, but see them as just that - nothing I need to spread, or have grounds to disagree with others on when they don't have the same beliefs.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Hence why this is in the rant forum, and not philosophy. I'm really tired, but this is what's on my mind.

I do hope something positive can be gotten from such a thought process, though.. If a person can accept that they might be wrong - they can accept other ideologies, ideas, thoughts, concepts, etc with less reservations and more of an open mind.

If, however, a person believes themselves to be the Holy grail of truth and right... There's not much of a two way street to be had in the first place.

At least, that's how I see it - I don't expect you to see it my way, and that's my point.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I too am a very religious person. I even built a shrine to the Virgin of Guadalupe and I'm not a Catholic. I just sort of make it up as I go along. It's a work in progress....

However, I find it hard to trust Christians. They frequently beat me as a child; it's hard not to make generalization from that background of experience.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

religion is a personal belief based on faith. If you don't have the faith, you would think exactly as you do. Which is just fine. My beliefs aren't for you or anyone else, they are mine. Much like your beliefs in whatever you believe in, is something you have come to through years of searching.

So you cannot tell someone else their beliefs are not right, you don't have that ability, nor the knowledge they have to make that decision. The best you can do is disagree with their beliefs. Which in and of itself is the most pointless thing I can imagine doing besides arguing with your pet cat.

Nutters who want to force their beliefs on you are to be ignored. (IMHO) Just as nutters who spend their time telling you how wrong you are.
edit on 10-3-2017 by network dude because: t

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
What about political persuasions, racism, nationalism, isn't that all wrong as well

No, not if you agree with it
Millions have died from other types of ideologies

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

Oh, I'm a Christian.

I just don't think that my views are completely correct and truthful.

I fully believe we are all going to be very surprised by what's in the afterlife - what that is, I don't pretend to know.

I have my beliefs, but see them as just that - nothing I need to spread, or have grounds to disagree with others on when they don't have the same beliefs.

If you don't believe in your beliefs, then why do you believe them? That seems sort of backward to my mind.

You either believe or you don't. If you don't believe in your beliefs, then they aren't really your beliefs.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Crom will show you the true path.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Not if the choices are a functioning universe and a non functioning one. Then statistically speaking are chances were 50/50. Pretty good odds that it would happen.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I think holding on to the idea that one's practiced religion is the 'one true religion' to be a childish notion.

If you do, it can turn into madness.
Holding on to the hope that one day you'll be basking in heaven, chillin with the JC, while sinners suffer... Well it can drive an individual insane.

Heaven is here and now, so is hell, all depends on the observer.
What comes after your last breath is yet to be known.
I prefer trusting in what I know to be fact.
edit on 10-3-2017 by GreenGunther because: How is this happening?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Not if the choices are a functioning universe and a non functioning one. Then statistically speaking are chances were 50/50. Pretty good odds that it would happen.

That's not the way it works out.

There are a lot of places where if the variables worked out slightly differently, this universe would be incapable of sustaining life. A slightly different value in any one of them would make us impossible.

So it's not 50/50.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join