It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medicare to Cover Drugs for Impotence

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
amb
That's the way it was designed, but of course nothing is perfect so I'm sure there are errors and a fair share of fraud. The system was supposed to balance the beam, between the haves and the have nots, in terms of life expectancy.

well heck then.............let's BRING ON THE REFORM!!! it should be that way. its ridicilious that someone that has a GAZILLION bucks can ask me to cover their hospital expenses.

supposedly tonight the PREZ is going to cover a total MEDICARE system overhaul. i'm curious to see what his plan is.

angie

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
By the way, not EVERYONE over 65 had the opportunitity to work and save for their retirement for 40 years. Women's lib didn't really make much headway until the 70's. Before that, it was more appropriate for the women to stay home if at all possible, or if it wasn't she would get a job that usually paid alot less and even then, the husband would usually handle the finances. Something which the same neocons that are saying things like this would like to return to. Even today, women are still pretty much in a disadvantage on this one. And, the current administration is trying real hard to make that disadvantage bigger.

Hey, it's not that lady's fault that her husband decided to ignore her advice and gambled the family savings away on that sure win horse that came in last place!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Hey, it's not that lady's fault that her husband decided to ignore her advice and gambled the family savings away on that sure win horse that came in last place!!!

Isn't it?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331

Isn't it?

tell me how she could have prevented it?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
ummm I dont know...................
Better taste in men?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
ummm I dont know...................
Better taste in men?

right..............too bad men or woment don't come with a crystal ball attached so you can see in to the future and see what they will do to destroy your life in the future!!!

now THAT's an invention i'd buy!

angie

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
ummmm gee, I can do better than that....
instead, I tell you how others could have prevented it, starting with our religious institutions.....
they could stop teaching their "women should obey men in all things" bit, which well, I heard one of the top ministers on the news a few months ago supporting this idea....
according to him, well, it the husband doesn't want the women to work, she shouldn't......so, according to religion, she shouldn't even be earning money for herself if he wishes her not to...
and well, it goes further than just the idea of working....I've actually been told that I should have given my son an overdose of asthma medicine (probably would have killed him!!) simply because my son was keeping my husband awake and he wanted to sleep and told me to.....I should have faith in God and give it to him, in the belief that God will protect my son from it....ya right!!!
But, let's leave that one alone....
The government could have stepped in a little sooner instead of making women fight for every inch she had gained! Wages could have been equalized, child care options could have been provided, ect. Instead they wouldn't even recognize the illegality of rape or spousal/child abuse most of the time. And, separation and divorce was such a difficult path to follow women usually just accepted the abuse.

And, well, where is Bush and his buddies taking us?
Child care and social service programs are being cut when they really need to grow.
And of course there's those nice "faith based charities digging into the funding for those programs so the women will soon be hearing how well...."Gee, she should have killed her son with the danged medicine...but the bible says she should obey her husband in all things!! If she's divorce now, it's her own danged fault!! She disobeyed God!!"

Absolute power will coorupt absolutely! But by all means give that power back to the husbands, and then blame the women when it doesn't work.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If women ruled the world-------------

Nuclear bombs are flying torward france from US launchers.
The french PM calles the US president "why are you bombing us?
The US president replies
"Oh I think you know why."

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I like that excuse better than the fictictious WMD's that Bush used. Leaves them guessing.....and well, if they think hard enough, I'm sure they will come up with a few good reasons........and they'd never be able to prove us wrong, since, well, we never said why...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Nuclear bombs are flying torward france from US launchers.
The french PM calles the US president "why are you bombing us?
The US president replies
"Oh I think you know why."

Oh that is great! I can't speak for all women, but if my wife was in charge..... Oh man I tremble to think. When I first met her, she was in her late teens, she used to have a rock or two in the passenger seat to throw at other drivers who cut her off. It is amazing. She is strong, smart, beautiful, and pretty level headed (for the most part), but she will fly off the handle at a moments notice, and truly believes she is in the right. I think she would pretty much take care of world population single handedly if she had control of an arsenal..........

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join