It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Bar Association Gives Neil Gorsuch Highest Possible Rating For SCOTUS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
UKTruth is right here.

Doing the opposite of what the devil says is always a good idea. It is an intuitive shortcut to the primitive process of calculation.

Drama queen much?

I'm no fan of Obama, but "the devil". FFS, get over yourself.

Obama was basically just Dubbya 2.0 with a miserable national healthcare law tossed in.

UKTruth is also right in stating that people are identifying less. I am conservative leaning, but I would never say that I'm a Republican... Or a Democrat... Or an Independent.

I'm me.

Well, if you're not registered with a "D" or an "R" for the primaries, then guess what... you're an "independent" in most states whether you like it or not; at least until 3rd party viability gains a bit more traction.

Hell, at this point being a "conservative" means little more than being a republican without the benefit of any say-so when the primaries are held. Same goes for "liberals".
edit on 3/11/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

UKTruth is right here.

Doing the opposite of what the devil says is always a good idea. It is an intuitive shortcut to the primitive process of calculation.

Drama queen much?

I'm no fan of Obama, but "the devil". FFS, get over yourself.

Obama was basically just Dubbya 2.0 with a miserable national healthcare law tossed in.

UKTruth is also right in stating that people are identifying less. I am conservative leaning, but I would never say that I'm a Republican... Or a Democrat... Or an Independent.

I'm me.

Well, if you're not registered with a "D" or an "R" for the primaries, then guess what... you're an "independent" in most states whether you like it or not; at least until 3rd party viability gains a bit more traction.

Not drama queen. That was hyperbole to get the idea across. Not an admission that I think Obama is the devil. I don't think that.

Also, it is obvious how there are legal affiliations.

I register my conscience when there is a needed change.

I didn't care for Dubya, so, that was a poor assumption. Thinking that someone conservative leaning is not able to see reality maybe is not critical thinking at its finest, my most employed of all Final Fantasy classes.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Not drama queen. That was hyperbole to get the idea across.

The purpose of hyperbole is directly tied to adding drama.

Not an admission that I think Obama is the devil. I don't think that.

Then why use such hyperbole as a supporting argument?

I didn't care for Dubya, so, that was a poor assumption.

On your part.

I didn't claim you cared for Dubya, I was merely making a point that "D" & "R" don't make much of a difference in Washington. McConnell is still an idiot, and part of "the swamp" that needs draining.

Thinking that someone conservative leaning is not able to see reality maybe is not critical thinking at its finest

Just acknowledging blatant partisan confirmation bias.

There are no shortcuts to the truth when it comes to Washington D.C., and that's the way career Reps and Dems like it.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

Not drama queen. That was hyperbole to get the idea across.

The purpose of hyperbole is directly tied to adding drama.

Not an admission that I think Obama is the devil. I don't think that.

Then why use such hyperbole as a supporting argument?

I didn't care for Dubya, so, that was a poor assumption.

On your part.

I didn't claim you cared for Dubya, I was merely making a point that "D" & "R" don't make much of a difference in Washington. McConnell is still an idiot, and part of "the swamp" that needs draining.

Thinking that someone conservative leaning is not able to see reality maybe is not critical thinking at its finest

Just acknowledging blatant partisan confirmation bias.

There are no shortcuts to the truth when it comes to Washington D.C., and that's the way career Reps and Dems like it.

It is not partisan bias to know that Obama's agenda was downright wrong.

His ideas should be exchanged for better ones.

Hyperbole is not for drama only. Scientists use it to convey ideas to people in simple terms. Lawyers use it to reveal the reality of a seemingly grey situation. Mathematicians use it, but it makes no sense.

There are shortcuts to the truth. If there weren't, then you must be an astronaut who has orbited the ball Earth yourself before. You must have discerned the Helium-3 with your tongue while prancing on the Moon!

I bring to your attention your dismissal of UK's critical thinking skills, in the event you miss that I'm defending that person more than myself here.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Jesus could return to the earth anoint this guy with holy water live on national TV before turning the water to wine just for added verification then visibly return to the heavens...

and the democrats would fight this guy because trump said mean things and reasons..

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

It is not partisan bias to know that Obama's agenda was downright wrong.

Possibly. If Obama only nominated Garland to prove the point that McConnell was fully willing to throw what many viewed as "their own guy" under the bus, then yeah, there was nothing "altruistic" with the nomination.

Hell, I'm even willing to entertain the notion that Obama nominated Garland specifically to remove him from the Republican's list of 'possible future nominations' because he knew McConnell would play right into it.

There are shortcuts to the truth. If there weren't, then you must be an astronaut who has orbited the ball Earth yourself before. You must have discerned the Helium-3 with your tongue while prancing on the Moon!

We sent humans there at great risk to their lives, and our space knowledge has come at the cost of many astronaut lives. That's no "shortcut". It literally took blood, sweat, and tears to gain such knowledge.

I bring to your attention your dismissal of UK's critical thinking skills

Honestly, I'd love to see them far more than the blatant partisan confirmation bias that's been exhibited.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

It took their blood, sweat, and tears. Not ours.

Believing them through that and what is shared is a form of faith. Always remember that, friend.

Not unfounded, but still it is.

There is much to be said for intuition above weary calculation.

Proof also is found in that some people actually spend their days calculating why the earth is flat.

But you know better than to entertain their ideas, so you can immediately dismiss them and anything coming from that train of thought.

I believe this is the message UK was trying to convey here. So dismissing someone's notions based on the idea of rejecting something based on its source can have some validity, despite the argument from the devil's advocate logician perspective, which ironically discounts the notion of intuition or knowing instead of noticing.

To the logician's remorse, they/we often rely on that aspect of discernment before we discover the evidence of its truth.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Nice post, very poetic, but we're talking about blatant partisan confirmation bias here, and that's where the leap of "faith" and assumptions are involved.

You're defending exactly what you're preaching against with your "faith" narrative.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

I don't think so.

My faith leads me to many liberal viewpoints which send conservatives reeling.

All of which I am able to back up with intelligence, as opposed to pointing towards the progenitor of my faith and saying, "I don't know, don't shoot the messenger!" No, I do indeed perform my due diligence. It Is simply that my work is supercharged and expedited by my cumulative knowledge.

Maybe not everyone works that way - Some others work in the opposite direction and that works for them.

Bard.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The EU is hell bent in sabotaging the nomination of Neil Gorsuch to the SCOTUS. Congress must take action to prevent US loss of sovereignty to the EU!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join