It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Bar Association Gives Neil Gorsuch Highest Possible Rating For SCOTUS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The ABA have confirmed their vote to rate Neil Gorsuch for the Supreme Court nomination as "Well Qualified" - the highest category.
This will make it even more difficult for the Democrats to block his nomination...

Hopefully he can get confirmed soon and provide an avenue to quash the partisan rulings that seem to be cropping up in liberal courts to stop Trump's agenda.

dailycaller.com...
edit on 10/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Glad to see it.

Gorsuch should be confirmed asap.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Not so fast.

As of 02/18/17 (in Melbourne, Florida) campaign season officially began once again.

We don't even hold hearings for SCOTUS appointments during campaign season, let alone approve anyone.
edit on 3/10/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage
Not so fast.

As of 02/18/17 (in Melbourne, Florida) campaign season officially began once again.

We don't even hold hearings for SCOTUS appointments during campaign season, let alone approve anyone.

Gorsuch will likely be confirmed by mid April
www.politico.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
www.politico.com...

You mean to tell me that legislators flip-flopped, and folded on their convictions that quickly and easily?

Clearly McConnell has no shame. He was one of the most adamant in the fight that no hearings be held on SCOTUS appointments during a campaign season.
edit on 3/10/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Not so fast.

so Democrats non stop talked about how it had to be done ASAP because it's too important to wait on .. and now you want to put it off?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

www.politico.com...

You mean to tell me that legislators flip-flopped, and folded on their convictions that quickly and easily?

Clearly McConnell has no shame. He was one of the most adamant in the fight that no hearings be held on SCOTUS appointments during a campaign season.

Hmm. was that not related to the last year of a Presidential election?
Regardless, he'll get confirmed soon.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Gorsuch just follows the law, and liberals hate it. Shows where they truly stand, anti-America. It's no surprise the democrats have a much lower approval rating than Trump, despite Trump being attacked endlessly by the propaganda main stream media.
edit on 10-3-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Meanwhile, the majority of Americans have gone "independent", abandoned both major parties, and are left shaking our heads at the BS coming from both sides.

Republicans and Democrats willfully disconnected themselves from reality long ago.

edit on 3/11/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Meanwhile, the majority of Americans have gone "independent", abandoned both major parties, and are left shaking our heads at the BS coming from both sides.

That would be a good thing, but I am not sure the notion of Democrat, Republican or Independent really exists any more.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It's abundantly clear that Dems and Reps still exist even though membership in both parties is dwindling.

Both parties' kool-aid drinkers are bellowing like crazy about the other at every opportunity. You can see it here on ATS daily.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

It's abundantly clear that Dems and Reps still exist even though membership in both parties is dwindling.

Both parties' kool-aid drinkers are bellowing like crazy about the other at every opportunity. You can see it here on ATS daily.

I am not talking about the names of the parties.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It doesn't matter, his name is not Merrick Garland. This is all you need to know.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
It doesn't matter, his name is not Merrick Garland. This is all you need to know.

Which is a very good thing indeed. The last thing the world needs is Obama appointees hanging around for decades.
McConnell did a very good thing for the country by blocking that nomination.
edit on 11/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Not making any value judgements on Merrick Garland himself, but get real.

Garland was a name many conservatives tossed around for ages because he was so qualified, and a "centrist" that both parties could reasonably be seen to agree upon.

McConnell is a douche who refused hearings on Garland because McConnell is a spoiled brat who threw a tantrum. Nothing more.

Frankly, I have a suspicion that Obama only nominated Garland to prove the point that McConnell was fully willing to even throw what many viewed as "their own guy" under the bus just to "spite Obama". If so, it worked.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Not making any value judgements on Merrick Garland himself, but get real.

Garland was a name many conservatives tossed around for ages because he was so qualified, and a "centrist" that both parties could reasonably be seen to agree upon.

McConnell is a douche who refused hearings on Garland because McConnell is a spoiled brat who threw a tantrum. Nothing more.

Frankly, I have a suspicion that Obama only nominated Garland to prove the point that McConnell was fully willing to even throw what many viewed as "their own guy" under the bus just to "spite Obama". If so, it worked.

He was an Obama pick and therefore can not be trusted. Too many of Obama's appointments are politically driven at the expense of all else.
Anyway, it's history now, it will be Gorsuch that will be confirmed.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

He was an Obama pick and therefore can not be trusted.

If that's the extent of your critical thinking skills, then I can only hope that Obama bends over again (like he did with nominating Garland), and fully endorses that idiot McConnell when midterm elections come around.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

He was an Obama pick and therefore can not be trusted.

If that's the extent of your critical thinking skills, then I can only hope that Obama bends over again (like he did with nominating Garland), and fully endorses that idiot McConnell when midterm elections come around.

Sometimes it's easy to take a short cut to the truth. Where Obama is involved, there can be no good.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Sometimes it's easy to take a short cut to the truth.

Nah, shortcuts work great for confirmation bias, but the truth takes work.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Sometimes it's easy to take a short cut to the truth.

Nah, shortcuts work great for confirmation bias, but the truth takes work.

UKTruth is right here.

Doing the opposite of what the devil says is always a good idea. It is an intuitive shortcut to the primitive process of calculation.

UKTruth is also right in stating that people are identifying less. I am conservative leaning, but I would never say that I'm a Republican... Or a Democrat... Or an Independent.

I'm me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join