It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Work on that spiritual armor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
We sat down and had a lunch, me and an old friend. He wanted discuss my latest endeavour and asked;" So what you been up to ? "
I explained how combining worlds together could make for a better tale and instead of listening he said;" You better be careful about that, most people are prone to fall to impulses without the proper upbringing to handle it, including you " I looked at him, and said to myself ;" Wasnt it your idea from the start? "

I was annoyed, and wanted to reply with an answer that made sense, instead i said;" Old values, are not important? We dont change, cause we are animals, if no one can personify the ideals, why do we have them? To remember the past? How does promoting love work for 6.5 Billion people outside of this little imaginary bubble of ours, dopamine, oxytocin, serotonin and endorphins? Everyone is a junkie!! ".. And i recalled a quote from a woman who lived her days struggling each and everyday;" Love wont put food on the table, a quote from a woman who lives in the real world " and i pointed to my head " Not this imagination "

Now he was annoyed, i wasnt following and i didnt embrace old values that were forged in a day and age when people struggled each and every day. ;" The nine worthies, had armor from top to toe in a time of war and were dressed in the helmet of salvation, the breastplate or righteousness, the belt of truth, the shield of faith, sword of the spirit of the world and feet shod with the gospel of peace, and they prayed each and everyday. Is this what you want to promote? "

I looked at him, my brain was computing the logical fallacies and my gut feeling said;" He made sense "

Lunch was up, an hour had gone and my old friend looked at me and said;" Work on that spiritual armor of yours cause your guardian is making a mess " and he left.
I looked outside the window and said to myself;" What the **** is a spiritual armor ?"

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I was teasing a friend of mine and he just said, "You can't hurt me." It seemed like a profound thing to say. It would be great to have enough peace of mind to be confident that there is nothing in the world that can hurt you.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

i tried getting into ur friends head

the convo started with ur latest endeavour what have u been up to?

u explained combining worlds together could make for a better tale i assume ur writing sumthing combining phliosophies or cultures or something

he responded You better be careful about that, most people are prone to fall to impulses without the proper upbringing to handle it, including you

judging from context i think he is saying u r not letting people develop on their own, clashing ideologies creating a volatile situation mentally where people can be easy swayed and confused not knowing what they really want maybe just hearing the good words and getting excited but its not in their roots so they cant truly hold onto it and they lose faith prob because faith is opinion is something we come to our own conclusion through experience

reading ur response in the mind of ur friend i think he thinks u r being 2 broad it isnt personal enough for u(spiritual) ur just talking #

seems like u judged from ur response to that that u wernt following him and he was annoyed

i think him quoting the bible was to gauge a reaction from u which follows to his final speech as his final desision to leave his mark on u

Work on that spiritual armor of yours cause your guardian is making a mess

i think the spiritual armour he wants u to work on is ur own beliefs and having faith in them before meddling with others

edit on 10-3-2017 by daniel2sxc because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2017 by daniel2sxc because: added more

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: daniel2sxc

Its also important to have a symbol with a reference to our modern age

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

i am guessing u are talking about ur quote i didnt embrace old values that were forged in a day and age when people struggled each and every day

i am now channeling ur friends brain once again

people are still struggling struggle is relative what kept them going back in their days was their faith which i draw parrelels to my armoued warrior narrative, what keeps u doing what u do is ur faith, since u want modern age symbol think of hustle instead of struggle, ur putting ur own narrative blurring the fundamental truth that strikes everyones hearts regardless of cultures is faith and spirit in which people can find on their own in their own ways like what u are doing just like i am

hm ur friends thoughts are getting hypocritical seems like we cant come to a conclusion
edit on 10-3-2017 by daniel2sxc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I believe he wanted to portray Virgin Mary for those who fallen of the bandwagon

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

what bandwagon? what does virgin mary represent? i googled his spirutal armour quote i am not familiar with christian mythology i enjoy roleplaying getting into peoples minds

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

A stranger passing me by at the train station once whispered "false roots bear rotten fruit"

I replied "then why do you continue to gorge?"

But alas,he had already moved on to another to whisper the exact same thing.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Sahabi is your muse

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I was sitting on my mountain enjoying the cool breeze. When all of a sudden I heard the flapping of enormous wings. I looked up yet saw nothing. Puzzled I looked east off of my deck and again nothing...I thought this odd and I was curious I admit. So I arose from my perch through the french doors I went. I crossed through the house and opened the back door ...

Low and behold in the setting sun I saw the death of the reptilian brain. But its demise was with honer..as he applauded his vanquisher..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Well, if you believe that its awesome. I just believe it takes a longer trip, instead of impulses, its subtle, working its way in over weeks, months, even years.. Or you just become buddies, and say;" Heey bro, these are the rules "

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

So a bird whispered and said you are a;" Scribe " please show your work..

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I wise old man once asked his pupil to show him his work.

The pupil responded, I thought it was ours?

The master,lost his composure. He reprimanded the student"all that is ever true you have learned from me,it has been my sole life's work"

The student responded calmly "then you have no need to see my part"

Slowly the student stood tall,then bowed deeply,"thank you master,I have learned all I can from you.“turning swiftly he walked out the back door headed east in search of a new teacher.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
stop sending each other subliminal messages!!! i dont know whats going on!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

What the **** is a spiritual armor ?

That would be Paulian theology... or Paulianity

Ephesians 6

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

So a bird whispered and said you are a;" Scribe " please show your work..

I don't understand what my writer status has do do with this?

Do you walk up to people you have been told play a musical instrument in real life and demand they prove their proficiency to your preconceived standards?I think that would be rude to say the least..

Also stop listening to voices of animals,if I listened to the voice in my head from my pet we would be going for fifteen walks a day...

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

thanks!

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Bird is on her own, I had no interest in your writer status, so you just ignore your pet? So how's that going for you?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

We go out twice a day for long walks half hour to an hour each off the leash on our 15 acre property she has a lot of hound in her and loves to run after a scent. She also goes out whenever she wants on the dog run.thank you for your concern. She is my delanea agapita it is German and Greek it means "noble protector who is beloved and wanted".I call her layna bear for short..again your compassion for my little angel is appreciated..

Sorry to hear about your bird.. my condolences..

I do hear gold fish are quite resilient.. perhaps look into those...

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

If you were talking about my pm to you about that rhyme thread, you are quite welcome,I look forward to your participation! Please don't pull your punches!

Apologies for off topic sooo..

This guy I once knew offered me a beer.
I exclaimed"thank you sir!" "but how about
we share a pitcher?"...

Respectfully,
~meathead

top topics

<<   2 >>

join