It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionaire George Soros fuels Democrats’ push to lower voting age to 17

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I would say that if you raise one you'd have to raise the other with it.

Problem there is that you get 18 y'o kids for battle because they're physical potential is at it's peak then plus they can be molded into a soldier much easier then too.

Wait too long and you miss that window.

Lowering it to 17 has the same effect only in reverse. Let them vote at 17 and you just made them an adult at 17 too. Means little joey might go to war a year earlier than expected too.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

So Russia meddling in elections is a cause for war.

Soros does it, and every leftist squeals like they just got a new Barbie.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: infolurker

So Russia meddling in elections is a cause for war.

Soros does it, and every leftist squeals like they just got a new Barbie.

Seems the topic is the age of adult hood.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

If I'm being perfectly frank and honest, I think Voting Age should be at least into the 20s based on the entitlement, obliviousness and lack of awareness currently held by 95% of the 20 year olds I see today.

Public education and continuous programming for years has truly sabotaged these younger generations.

It is frightening how materialistic, gullible, unquestioning and predictable many of these younger folks behave.

If you are a younger person on this site, I mean no offense AT ALL but you can't tell me many of your peers or those of similar demographics/age are on ATS, staying up-to-speed with the Gvt, Inside Corruption, Sabre-Rattling War-Hungry nations challenging each other, etc. etc. etc..

I am in my late 20s and try to connect with my younger sibling, her friends, younger co-workers and acquantances.. and they don't know who Edward Sowden is, what the illegal NSA suveillance program was, what Wikileaks is or Julian Assange, Bradley Manning, George Soros - the illegal and sellout-moves done by Clinton, Obama, Bush, Tony Blair, the Royal Family & Vatican/Catholic Mafioso. U.S and the West's elected leaders selling out their sovereign nations' safety for private interests and the highest bidders... the list goes on and on. I have yet to meet anyone younger than their early 20s who has a CLUE about even 1 thing I've mentioned.

I'm sure they are out there, but I am highly convinced that they are a small minority among the rest

That was a pretty valid description from my person life experiences as a younger person (early 20s)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Did you read the title and OP?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Did you read the title and OP?

I did, and if I can get my ass shot off at 18, I should be able to vote, drink, and smoke.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Where do they come from thinking that a seventeen year old is developed enough to be voting. Eighteen is actually too young, they are too influenced by desire to be liked at that age to be able to make a rational decision. Some may, but most people do not get wisdom till they are in their early twenties.

I think that California Democrats know they can control the youth, they want them to be able to vote. There is a problem here with the government there in California, it sounds like they are corrupt.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Uh, the voting age IS 18.

So you should be able to smoke and drink as well.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Damn right. The fact someone could possibly sacrifice their whole life in service to a country and not be allowed to vote, drink or smoke in that same country is totally insane.

I mean it's your life that you put up as your stake and the country won't even put up that it trusts you to vote or drink or smoke something??? Are you kidding??? That's tyranny at it's finest.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
If anything the voting age should be raised. Young people are idiots with no real world experience. I'm horrified by my teenage stupidity.

Agreed and we'll said

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Uh, the voting age IS 18.

So you should be able to smoke and drink as well.

If I remember right, you are a vet as well, we all signed our names, and yes you should be able to drink and smoke. However the Evangelical asshats among us think this is wrong. How many of those evangelical asshats ever signed that line, I am guessing not many.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
When George Soros was 17 he helped the Nazis steal from Jews.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Not just evangelical asshats, the tards in Cali made it 21 just for smokes.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Luckily, after turning 18 in AIT, my first duty station was in Germany. I drank and smoked all I wanted at 18. Funny story, I then came back to the states at 20 and couldn't legally drink anymore!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Damn right. The fact someone could possibly sacrifice their whole life in service to a country and not be allowed to vote, drink or smoke in that same country is totally insane.

I don't disagree with that. I think voting and military should be the same as drinking, 21. Though 21 is a bit arbitrary, I don't think teenagers are that capable of making the best decisions (some are, the vast majority not, myself included), at least at 21 you have had a few years of experience outside of being a coddled high school student.

link   
Wasn't there a study that determined that the adult brain is fully formed until the age of 26? Seems like a good age to raise the voting limit to. It's science.

link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
If anything the voting age should be raised. Young people are idiots with no real world experience. I'm horrified by my teenage stupidity.

Agreed and we'll said

If I can go to war at 18, but can't vote, this is a serious violation of many peoples moral code. Your stupidity should not violate my rights.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: sooth

Science only counts when it's climate change and they want to raise your taxes because of it.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
When George Soros was 17 he helped the Nazis steal from Jews.

This conversation is not about Soros, there are plenty of others where you can voice you opinion.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Actually it is about Soros and how he is meddling in potential elections by promoting a 17 year old voting age.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join