It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animated Avatars and Backgrounds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I am told animated backgrounds aren't allowed. But I see a lot of amimated avatars. Are they allowed?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
I am told animated backgrounds aren't allowed. But I see a lot of amimated avatars. Are they allowed?

front avatars yes.

animated backgrounds no.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
When I am distracted by anything flashing on my screen, I scroll right on past it. I figure if enough of us do that ... the member will get hint.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: reldra

front avatars yes.

animated backgrounds no.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

TY

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I find the people who use the same font color as background annoying for some reason. Seems to be getting popular these days.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I have been reminded not to do that, but only with black on black. Others colors did not receive such take down notice. Although, I think the T&C states we cannot do it with any color.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I find the people who use the same font color as background annoying for some reason. Seems to be getting popular these days.

That's actually is, or was, against the rules too by the way..

Same as using any sort of qr code as an avatar. or anything with a gun pointed to the observer.

who knows... but yes, that same colour deal is hell annoying, I dont need to highlight a username to see who it is I'm reading when I don't now the avatar.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I have been reminded not to do that, but only with black on black. Others colors did not receive such take down notice. Although, I think the T&C states we cannot do it with any color.

If I'd only read one more post, I'd not have said the same as you. lol

For us optically challenged it is soooo annoying.. Oo

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I could do without the tweeking eyeball avatars

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Perhaps i will change my avatar to this .

Or this .

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

It can be, but if your not on the phone (where it would be more difficult) it is just a simple highlight of the text to see it.

I really enjoy animated avatars, they have more personality.

s far as the backgrounds though, I was aware they were not permitted, but I did them for awhile with animated avatars too, in threads with heavy super mod presence, and no alerts were sent my way. So either it was previously for bandwidth reasons that are not an issue anymore, or they really don't care. I discovered I preferred pictures in the back instead anyways.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
When I am distracted by anything flashing on my screen, I scroll right on past it. I figure if enough of us do that ... the member will get hint.

How will the member know that people have been doing it?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Not the T&C, but the Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds, as they state that:

Background colors and imagery that obscure your member name are not allowed.

Forcing other people to select the text to be able to read your name is something I personally see as being unfriendly to your fellow ATS members.

new topics

top topics

join