It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEVELOPING: Trump Considers Sending B-52 Nuclear Bombers to Korean Peninsula

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
A couple documentaries on North Korea and it's fearless leaders.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Why are they not allowed to have their own sovereignty and make their own decisions like we do? What gives us the right to be nuclear world police and say others can't use them when we are the only country to have ever used them to begin with? A bit hypocritical, no?

Saying another country can't build weapons to defend itself is no different than someone coming into our country and banning people from buying guns. Hypocrisy, it's the American way apparently.

If we need to worry about anyone dropping nukes it's the U.S., not North Korea. If history is anything to go by then we are the biggest threat to nuclear war because we're the only ones to have ever use them on another country. We didn't care who we killed; men, women, children, the elderly... it didn't matter, we bombed the hell out of them. And who has the most nuclear weapons? The U.S..

Seems like people are looking the wrong way for the bad guy.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yes, I read it. Maybe the OP should have pointed that out instead of making it sound like we're gearing up for war? Not bashing anyone, just explaining my reasoning.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yes, I read it. Maybe the OP should have pointed that out instead of making it sound like we're gearing up for war? Not bashing anyone, just explaining my reasoning.

I was posting a news article headline, looking for clarification from some of the more knowledgeable members here. I am no military expert, but others here are.
And you know what? It worked, some of the guys here that follow this and know it well have chimed in and cleared things up.
edit on 10-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

i agree

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Why are they not allowed to have their own sovereignty and make their own decisions like we do? What gives us the right to be nuclear world police and say others can't use them when we are the only country to have ever used them to begin with? A bit hypocritical, no?

Saying another country can't build weapons to defend itself is no different than someone coming into our country and banning people from buying guns. Hypocrisy, it's the American way apparently.

If we need to worry about anyone dropping nukes it's the U.S., not North Korea. If history is anything to go by then we are the biggest threat to nuclear war because we're the only ones to have ever use them on another country. We didn't care who we killed; men, women, children, the elderly... it didn't matter, we bombed the hell out of them. And who has the most nuclear weapons? The U.S..

Seems like people are looking the wrong way for the bad guy.

You should go live there.
You'd be telling a different story.
North Korea's leaders are not responsible enough to have firecrackers, much less nuclear weapons. I have seen propaganda posters from some years back that said, "The day we can drop a nuclear warhead on DC we will do it!" Complete with pictures. They are playing a deadly bluffing game, with no experience, and no compunction. If it comes down to KJU going out the door, I do not believe that he would hesitate to take as much of the world with him as he could.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Move to North Korea? No thanks, I think I'd rather move to Norway or Denmark, somewhere in that area. Too bad I can't anytime in the foreseeable future seeing as I have too much debt and too many bills to pay while barely getting by on my current salary. Life is expensive, I can't afford to move anywhere.

Where are you getting this information from about North Korea though? And have you not realized that America has been brainwashing its population with propaganda ever since at least WWII if not earlier? You act like America is so much better than North Korea. How can you be so sure? Your complaints about North Korea are easily applicable to the American way of life as well.
edit on 3/10/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: carewemust

That would have cause the North Korean military leadership to launch nuclear attacks against South Korea, Japan, and possibly the US via disguised cargo ships.

Why would one of their tanks suffering a failure and rolling into the viewing stand, or accidentally shelling it, trigger attacks against other countries?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Move to North Korea? No thanks, I think I'd rather move to Norway or Denmark, somewhere in that area. Too bad I can't anytime in the foreseeable future seeing as I have too much debt and too many bills to pay while barely getting by on my current salary. Life is expensive, I can't afford to move anywhere.

Where are you getting this information from about North Korea though? And have you not realized that America has been brainwashing its population with propaganda ever since at least WWII if not earlier? You act like America is so much better than North Korea. How can you be so sure? Your complaints about North Korea are easily applicable to the American way of life as well.

I'm fairly certain the regime is rotten to the core. I posted a couple video links earlier in the thread. This video is rather sympathetic to North Korea, it's a good watch. I'm aware that we have our share of propaganda over here as well. Remember, Kim Jung Un came to power and purged the regime, had his own Uncle killed even, he's also behind the killing of his own brother. Doesn't seem like the greatest guy to be leader of his country. Anyways, this video is about several American GI's who defected to North Korea decades ago. It's well worth a watch.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

foreign policy(ithink this is the word) is so that doesnt happen what they do in their country is their culture and culture is changeable foreign policy so we dont kill each other lol

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: daniel2sxc

South korea shud just stop being a bunch of pussies and just talk to the north about stuff start working together lol

oh they have no president atm lol their new president better have balls XD (funny joke)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
When the U.S. said it was deploying a US missile defense systems in South Korea, the first thing that came to mind is the next missile North Korea test fires Trump will give an order to shoot it down. Sending B-52 bombers - what better way to carpet bomb the huge ground military force of North Korea?

I don't like the idea of starting a war with North Korea, but Kim Jong-un is a loose cannon. He's ignorant to the fact there's much bigger nuclear players and pulling the tiger's tail too many times may just wipe his country off the face of the earth! China and Russia don't exactly like this guy, and I can bet a lot of Kim's military personal feel like they're walking on eggs with him. I really can't believe nobody in his inner-circle has the gonads to get rid of this paranoid tyrant.

China and Russia may lodge complaints and threats against the U.S., but they don't exactly love this guy! I'm sure they don't like the idea that North Korea is antagonizing a nuclear power like the U.S., when they share a border with them.

I don't know what the answer is, but something has to be done to put this dictator in his place. We certainly can't sit idle until one day this piece of crap thinks he can get away with launching a nuke at us or South Korea.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

With the change of government happening in South Korea right now, I would expect that a new left wing regime will win in the elections there. The administration has a 60 day window of opportunity in which to act, as I think the new regime will want less US involvement in their country.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

If they were g to carpet bomb them, they'd send B-1s or B-2s. The B-62 against an undamaged defense system, even an older one, is a lot of risk when you have better options.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

That was sort of happening already. That's one Iof the reasons the Korean forces are running Foal Eagle this year. They've been gradually shifting command and control and other responsibilities to the Korean forces over the last few years.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

True, killing his own family is telling.
Russia and China are pretending that it's actually not their fault and karma. That they won't pay for Stalin and Mao. They could finish him anytime if they wanted to. Hypocrites.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The US sending many more THAAD's should show you just how serious things have become..

The MAIN threat to S.Korea is North Korea's massive stockpile of artillery. And they would probably use Bio weapons before a nuke..

Hope things calm down. But it's like, you can't 'talk' to the North's leader. He's crazy.. but taking him out will risk the south, Japan and anyone else in range they want to attack.

But do we do something while he has weak nuke tech? or wait, and then he has state of the art nukes... *sigh*
kind of a lose-lose situation for the first part of the war. And what of China? would they help us, stay neutral, or hell, attack us? (I doubt this).. so many variables....

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Pharyax

he was raised or schoold outside NK so i think that exposure might have an influence on how he is now maybe hearing all the stuff about his own country, might be a psychological issue? just have a talk respectfully convey both sides get some kinda mediator from the UN or whatever have a real talk, alienating and aggresive moves would prob piss him off lol

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: daniel2sxc

i believe his flexing is him trying to prove something lol

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: daniel2sxc

also should be south doing talking since they were in history once united lol

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join