It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Bank Confirms Hiring Podesta Group to Remove Sanctions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Likely why the Flynn story was brought back up. To hide this gem in the backpage.

So as of now, we have more proof of Hillary's circle working for the Russians than Trump's.

This would be playing non-stop as proof if it was on the other shoe.

Podesta Group Confirmed working for Russian Bank to remove Sanctions
-zerohedge

Russia's largest bank, Sberbank, has confirmed that it hired the consultancy of Tony Podesta, the elder brother of John Podesta who chaired Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign, for lobbying its interests in the United States and proactively seeking the removal of various Obama-era sanctions, the press service of the Russian institution told TASS on Thursday.

Previously, The Daily Caller reported that Tony Podesta was proactively lobbying for cancellation of a range of anti-Russian sanctions against the banking sector. In particular, he represented interests of Sberbank and was paid $170,000 for his efforts over a six-month period last year to seek to end one of the Obama administration’s economic sanctions against that country. Podesta, founder and chairman of the Podesta Group, is listed as a key lobbyist on behalf of Sberbank, according to Senate lobbying disclosure forms. His firm received more than $24 million in fees in 2016, much of it coming from foreign governments, according to the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics.

Some more details on the meeting: joining the Podesta lobbying campaign was David Adams, who describes himself on the Podesta Group website as a “trusted adviser” to Hillary Clinton, serving as her as assistant secretary of state for congressional affairs. Another Podesta lobbyist was Stephen Rademaker, a former Department of State official in the George W. Bush administration. The Podesta Group represented Sberbank and its subsidiaries, Troika Dialog Group in the Cayman Islands, SBGB Cyprus Ltd in Nicosia, Cyprus, and SB International in Luxembourg. Troika Dialog also was related to Klein, Ltd., a Cayman Island organization that once funneled tens of millions of dollars to environmental groups to oppose low-cost fracking in the U.S., which was hurting the Russian oil industry. Regular readers will recall that the Sberbank-Podesta relationship goes back many years. Sberbank was the lead financial institution in the Russian deal to purchase Uranium One, owned by one of Bill Clinton’s closest friends, Frank Giustra. Giustra and Bill Clinton lead the Clinton-Giustra Enterprise Partnership, an integral part of the Clinton Foundation. Giustra has additionally donated $25 million to the Clinton Foundation.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Washing machine on high load.

Dryer set to "extra" heavy.

So much for the Trump conspiracies.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Do the 75K shares of Russian stock tie into this if that one was true as well?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I have been posting in the Michael Flynn thread about him taking money as a lobbyist for a Dutch firm that has ties to Turkey.
Flynn was lobbying on behalf of them to look deeper into the Islamic dissident Fethullah Gulen exiled here in the USA, that the Turks suspect was behind the attempted coup in Turkey last year.
This thing here with the Podestas, is like night and day compared to Flynn.
This is just more of the "pay to play" MO of the Clinton campaign and far worse in my opinion than what Flynn did.
edit on 9-3-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Not surprised. Question is what should be done about it?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I only want it to be acknowledged and heard by the American population to help them get an understanding of the kind of people we are dealing with.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

This is just more of the "pay to play" MO of the Clinton campaign and far worse in my opinion than what Flynn did.

No not far worse.

Far Far Far and much worse !

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Yea but what can you do?

The liberal MSM is an echo chamber of fake news and the worst part is, some people actually believe it.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Even if Hillary's circle has ties to Russia like you say. Then doesn't that mean we need to take a serious f*cking look into what the hell kind of influence Russia is having???

I mean if you want to look at Hillary fine with me. But she isn't in the WH running stuff. Trump is so that should take priority here anyway.

Because it makes no sense at all that Hillary and Putin were working together because he hated her and with good reason too. But maybe he had double agents in her circle too for all I know. But that still comes secondary to the guy who won and his circle. We can investigate Hillary next. But first is first here. Because if they're in Hillary's circle like your theory goes then we need to take a pause and root out all that sh*t from everywhere before doing anything else.

Also if that is the case then I would think all the Pro-Trump, Anti-Hillary folk would stop saying Russia connection is a myth. But they aren't. They only say that when it comes to Trump. Which is major bias or propaganda IMO.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

the Russian bank Sberbank says.

Other countries and their corporations lobby, it's how it is. The point is to show how ludicrous this is. Plenty of Countries have influence in the US, its a good investment for other governments to lobby in the country with the biggest stick.
Do I like it, no. It's smart for other countries to do it and smart for lobbyist because how much they can make.

This point is Russia acts like any other country trying to influence the US. What's the difference between Russian influence, and Israeli influece(AIPAC), Saudi Lobby(Bandar, everywhere's), Chinese lobby(USCBC).

Trump is actually trying to implement rules to make this lobbying more difficult.

How did Russia influence the election? what did they actually do? No evidence has been found worse than typical lobbying/consulting behavior. If there is no evidence what even gave people the idea?
Is it Assange? the dubious claims he is apart of Russia somehow?

The only criminal group being exposed right now is the CIA, I hear the chants for locking up Assange for Treason, but not Treason for those in the C I,,A. Sea, I,. A perfectly ok being the Stasi. The CxEYExA is the big issue right now, along with their public puppet evan mcmuffin.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Russia obviously wanted Hillary to win.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Just marking for now ...Does it not end ? This is a great shut up link thread with a read it and weep anti-trumpkins Thanks op

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Russia obviously wanted Hillary to win.
That was the horse they put their money on and lost ...

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
So a Russian bank says they had deals with Podesta's brother, at almost the same time as the heat is turning up on Trumps Russian ties.

Because I'm sure the Russian government has no influence in the largest Russian bank. /sarcasm

If anything, this shows there's some truth to Trump's Russian ties. Why try and obfuscate and run damage control with a story like this if there's nothing there?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Well, I'd say the problem in general is that currently the government in the US has been f*cking over the people of this nation for far too long and "the People" don't have a lobby fighting for all of us.

So until we do I don't give a damn about other nations wanting to lobby for favors from my Government. Because their first job is to think about the people here not Israel or Russia or anywhere else.

That doesn't mean we should just ditch everyone else or anything. I totally get what you're saying. But as far as I can tell, governments and giant corporations, etc. everywhere in every nation are lobbying each other at the expense of about 99% of the population of this planet.

I'm all for being friendly and helping other nations. But that's not how it really works. I'm also not talking about Russia Lobbying the US. I'm talking about covert intelligence war with each other. That's not lobbying. That is sabotaging.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Even if Hillary's circle has ties to Russia like you say. Then doesn't that mean we need to take a serious f*cking look into what the hell kind of influence Russia is having???

I mean if you want to look at Hillary fine with me. But she isn't in the WH running stuff. Trump is so that should take priority here anyway.

Because it makes no sense at all that Hillary and Putin were working together because he hated her and with good reason too. But maybe he had double agents in her circle too for all I know. But that still comes secondary to the guy who won and his circle. We can investigate Hillary next. But first is first here. Because if they're in Hillary's circle like your theory goes then we need to take a pause and root out all that sh*t from everywhere before doing anything else.

Also if that is the case then I would think all the Pro-Trump, Anti-Hillary folk would stop saying Russia connection is a myth. But they aren't. They only say that when it comes to Trump. Which is major bias or propaganda IMO.

Bit wait, the investigations into Trump started before the election was over. So if the Obama admin was truly interested in ties to russia, why wasn't hillarys people being surveilled? Seems like Obama was more concerned with surveilling trumps people than looking into all russian influences.

And as to your claim people are saying the russia connection is a myth. I don't see anyone saying that. Of course people on trumps team met with russians. So did tons of hillarys people. So did many of the democrats and republicans in congress.

Meeting the russians isn't a crime or a problems. Conspiring to do illegal things is, and we have no evidence of that.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You'd have to ask Obama about that. Maybe he didn't know of any. Maybe he's in cahoots. Maybe he was golfing. I really don't know. I can only speak for myself and myself is saying keep an eye on everyone.

I can literally show you posts from today of people saying "The Russian connection is a myth." In fact that is why I used that phrase myself in that post.

No, meeting with them isn't a crime depending on what they're meeting about. But when things aren't shady they usually aren't caught lying about them or trying to make them secret. The fact is that too many people are lying about something that is allegedly totally innocent. I don't buy it. People are sneaky f*cks. They don't always see it that way though because it's them doing it. But that doesn't mean they aren't up to something. That's just how people are sometimes, ya know. Especially when there might be a buck or two to be made.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

It only justify's all the lying the liberal Democrats were doing,making fool's out of themselves,now caught in lies,they riot to try and deflect the truth,they have screwed up my state,now they want to screw up the country,to further control the population and all monetary transactions,everything Trump has said has been proven truth,finally we have a leader who does what he says,hope he grabs Brown by his snowflake neck and yanks him and his crooks,and send them over the border

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Pot, meet kettle.

Yeah, trump is a Russian pawn! FFS people, Hillary and crew are lying crooks, waaaay more than whatever you can get on Trump - which apparently is nothing

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

The bank is listed.

Podesta Group

top topics

<<   2 >>

join