It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korean President is Finished

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
No news source on this one yet.

President Pak, Geun Hae was impeached and found guilty of malfeasance (or some such non-sense). The dad-blamed communist party of Korea is running amok in the courts.

This does not bode well for South Korea.

Korean Communist Party? How do you get that. North Korea or South Korea. I don't think that they allow a communist party in South Korea. And how is it you poo poo the malfeasance claim as the reason. Could it not just be that this woman was basically under sway to one of South Korea's many spiritual charlatans and allowed larges sums of money to be syphoned off into Choi's preferred front groups as a number of reports indicate?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: dashen

I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. You are discussing mystic cults that are "pulling strings" behind the scenes politically?

Here is some info about the Mystical Cult.

It goes beyond tinkering with speeches, however. This scandal involves not only tens of millions of dollars and charges of influence-peddling, but of spiritual guides from a "Shamanistic prophet," voices from the dead and — wait for it — dressage, the competitive form of horse-dancing.

NPR

edit on 9-3-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

I had no idea about any of this, one of those stories I missed but that is insane! If I were a South Korean right now I would definitely be PISSED to find out about this! Glad she's being impeached

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
The cult is called the Eight Ferries.
I first heard about when I watched this video a while ago.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Good catch Snarl. I played golf with a couple of Koreans who both spoke English last week. Since they were out of country, maybe they felt freer to speak openly but both said they were sure she was going to be ousted.

One thing about the Asian countries (for the most part) they will get hundreds of thousands in the streets when they think their governments are FUBAR.

The Koreans IMO are prone to take to the streets to protest anyway and show little fear in doing so..... which is good for they do not worry about their government killing the lot of them.. Other Asian countries do not have that luxury....

I assume/hope your wife was happy about what has happened; for a happy wife makes for a happy Snarl.....

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Considering she as corrupt as killary just without the high bodycount . from what been watching of the impeachment proceedings the past couple months its good to see she is impeached .

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I hope this doesn't rile up NK to do something stupid. China really needs to annex NK already...

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Snarl

Looking at why, Trump would be next.

A Gift for you.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: skunkape23
Heebie sheebie pak poji da.
The only Korean phrase I know is a sure way to start a fight.

LOL

It's: eemi sheemi pek poji da

And it will damn near start a fight even if you say it wrong. ROFL

Yeah, I mean, even saying, "Your mother has a bald hamster" would be insulting enough!

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Korean unification and absorbtion by china in 3...2...

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Cults are scary especially when they intertwine with politics.

I heard Scientology attempted to infiltrate the US govt at one point.

Then there is om supreme truth a cult that had over a billion dollars was made up of scientist and had access to military grade weapons.
Om got caught but just think what other cults have not been.

edit on 10-3-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Looks like a counter-protest led to a couple of deaths. It's getting deep. Not usual for folks to die in Korean protests.

Though she has spent years in the public eye, she has remained an enigma.

Now, having lost presidential immunity, she could face criminal charges over bribery, extortion and abuse of power in connection with allegations of conspiring with her friend, Choi Soon-sil. Both women denied wrongdoing.

Personally, I never much cared for her. South Korean politics tends to parallel those of the States. The wanted their first 'Woman President' and this is what they got. A figurehead ... not a leader.

My problem with this whole stink is that it has allowed the parties of No, Moo Hyun and Kim, Dae Jung to rise from their ashes. What they need is another Chun, Doo Hwan and

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join