It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's get back to basics, what kind of stuff is on your counter top/desk, household junk spot?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
After looking at the combined mess I've made of my counter top, I had to wonder...
Am I normal? Do normal people have this kind of crap on their counters at the end of the week?

I work on just about everything, and it being winter, this is when I order all the parts for stuff I need to fix/repair things around here. That being said, I currently have a carburetor for my son's atv. Another carburetor for my father in law's snowblower.
Some maple tree taps and catching rigs.
My briefcase with my estimating stuff in it.
A couple flags I ordered for the flag pole if spring ever comes.
Good old junk.....

So, what kind of stuff do you have laying around?
And is this normal?

Fire away.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114
After looking at the combined mess I've made of my counter top, I had to wonder...
Am I normal? Do normal people have this kind of crap on their counters at the end of the week?

Of course we do. I think everybody has some maj-...

I work on just about everything, and it being winter, this is when I order all the parts for stuff I need to fix/repair things around here. That being said, I currently have a carburetor for my son's atv. Another carburetor for my father in law's snowblower.
Some maple tree taps and catching rigs.
My briefcase with my estimating stuff in it.
A couple flags I ordered for the flag pole if spring ever comes.
Good old junk.....

...-or mess on their...

Holy crap, you have a lot of crap.

So, what kind of stuff do you have laying around?
And is this normal?

Fire away.

Normal things! Like keys, mail, change, etc.

Good lord, clean your counter.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

It would depend on what you are working on. Last week I had a bunch of metal and plastic hooks on one end of my counter top in the kitchen. I moved in November and am still hanging artwork.

Now I have a ton of crap in that spot as the upstairs apartment has leaks and had to empty 2 cabinets.
It depends on how much countertop space you have and what you want to do with it.

If you want to do that with it, fine. If you want more countertop space, you should find a work area and move the things.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I know, it's a lot. In my defense, we don't eat on that counter, and everything is new. I don't rebuild carbs in the house.
Me and the little man have been sick all week as well.
But enough excuses, I will clean it up tomorrow. When the temperature is back above 0

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Two dead cats in urns and an old unused still.

And my hat.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I do have a shop for this stuff, but it too is full and needs pulled apart for a good spring cleaning. I have all my construction equip in there and my motorcycles. also a car that will be leaving soon.
Can't wait for spring....

What kind of art are you hanging? Your own?
Sorry to be nosy, but the wife and I love art as well. She's quite talented, me not so much.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

As in a whiskey still?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

This is the countertop in the breakfast area - its the only one in the house with stuff that doesn't belong there: spackle and spackling knives, because I'm currently working on fixing the walls my contractors did a crap job on 8 years ago in bits and pieces, Play-Doh® stuff the kids have been into a lot lately and the pictures and copper art things that will hang back up on the walls in the family room once I'm done painting them.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I do have a shop for this stuff, but it too is full and needs pulled apart for a good spring cleaning. I have all my construction equip in there and my motorcycles. also a car that will be leaving soon.
Can't wait for spring....

What kind of art are you hanging? Your own?
Sorry to be nosy, but the wife and I love art as well. She's quite talented, me not so much.

I am more of a poet. I have done some good charcoal drawings but it is really not my talent. I have some expensive prints in nice frames and a couple originals in nice frames.

The shop needs a good spring cleaning and organization before you can move things in. If I had a pic I could recommend some good garage storage options. I have organized everything from 12 bedroom mansions to small basements.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Ah, drywall..... hate that. Sorry to hear about your contractors. However play-doh is a wonderful thing. I swear until your a parent, you don't appreciate the smell. Brings back good memories.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

As in a whiskey still?

Yes ! they're not supposed to be used for that here though, so it's only a small one, but can turn 4 litres of brew into a decent amount of potent alcohol..

I think I died and slipped into an alternate reality last time I used it... too scared to crank it up again. My liver thanks me. lol

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I know, it's a lot. In my defense, we don't eat on that counter, and everything is new. I don't rebuild carbs in the house.
But enough excuses, I will clean it up tomorrow. When the temperature is back above 0

There's nothing wrong with a single in-house project base, as long as the wife is ok with it, progress is being made, and it can be easily cleared out of visitors are coming.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I might just take you up on that, thank you!
What I need to do most is remove the hottub from the slab it's on so I can build a garden she'd on the slab. the hottub is going to be converted into a composting station. Then I have to put up a fence around the area where my boats are, which will free up my shop. I have quite a bit of equipment in there, some is seasonal, some isnt. I also have some things like a.10 ft. Sheet metal brake that can't be moved around. Also most of my stuff is in rolling tool carts/cabinets so I can tuck them under work benches and whatnot. A gigantic compressor, a huge band saw, welders. 6-10 chainsaws, winches, carpentry tools, hvac tools., automotive tools..
And a.furnace, 100lb lp tanks. Refrigerant tanks.

As you can see, I am quite full.
But if you've got ideas- I am all ears. I would love to add on or build another garage, but finances won't allow it.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Thankfully my wife is an angel and takes it in stride.
She does crafting /sewing/ and art as well, so she needs room to play also.

This time of year is just rough around here. The weathers nasty, money's tight. being in construction makes end of winter kind of the worst time of the year.
Hoping and praying spring comes soon.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

That's awesome! I don't drink booze anymore, however making some would be interesting. I've got more than enough irons in the fire right now, but I do have directions for a copper still around here somewhere. ....

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Oh my word, Natas; I'm screwing with you. You don't have too much stuff on your counter unless it's making you unhappy. I laughed when I read your list but only because I thought it was both awesome and funny.

A counter like that just means you're probably doing a lot of awesome things

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Sorry, I'm a bit retarded lately, this cold has been kicking my butt. But yeah, I'm usually working on a hundred things at once. We stay busy up here, and thankfully my wife is an angel who after 4 kids is used to never ending workloads and projects.
Thanks!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Um are you ready......

Old cassette tapes
Cds hardly ever listened to
A jar of pens pencils screw drivers andscrews
A jar of stuff
Cigarettes
Recent bills and mail that's probably months old
Another jar of useful and not useful stuff.

And more , list above from memory.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Papers in piles papers in bundles - it's TAX time so all the extra counter space is brimming with papers...BUT

In every other nook is tools&parts: gun parts, computer parts, camera parts, drone parts, lost-the-part-in-my-hair.

No kids, so I've never had to play grown up and get things all safe & secured.

The drone wasn't just parts when I got it for xmas, but then I never really learned to fly it.

ganjoa

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Nothing .
Dont collect junk also keep house spotless .
Had to fire 9 maids because they could not properly keep house clean .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join