It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shep Smith Goes Off on White House Over Flynn News: ‘There’s Been a Lot of Lying’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Planned operation?

Are you saying the Trump Administration actually knew about Flynn's connection to Turkey working as a foreign agent .. and was okay with it?

Oh come on Gryph. How could they NOT have known it? Of course they knew it.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: introvert

Wasn't it Obama who ran under hope and change? How'd that work out? I'm starting to see a trend here.

Correct. Trump appears to be Hope and Change 2.0.

Why have so many fallen for it again?

Trump's a businessman. Wrap something in an American flag, and a lot of people will buy it regardless of what's inside.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Planned operation?

Are you saying the Trump Administration actually knew about Flynn's connection to Turkey working as a foreign agent .. and was okay with it?

Well, if so, then Sean Spicer is on the record as lying this afternoon.

I guess we'll see if there are any retractions or amendments ... it doesn't look good for the President, either way.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Planned operation?

It's entirely possible that Trump did not.

Was it not reported that Trump liked to skip the intelligence briefings, saying he "gets it when he needs it"?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Papers March 7 2017

Let's note that link downloads a PDF ... just so folks can make the choice to click or not.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Trump is a business man. His top priority is to scratch the back of those who scratched his back first, by electing him. Real world. At least he's honest about it and not a lying "Stronger Together" bullchitter.

So ... you're okay with a Turkish agent being appointed Director of the NSA?

The White House says they didn't know?

Is rank ignorance ALSO the mark of a business man?

I know Mr. Trump relied on others in the vetting process ... but he needs to get rid of those folks as well.

Massive failure.

First of all, let's get this straight...
Flynn was not the Director of the NSA, he was the National Security Advisor...there is a difference.
The NSA is the National Security Agency and the director is Admiral Michael Rogers who is an active duty Admiral that was nominated by Obama in April 2014.
I have not had a chance today to read any of the stories about Flynn taking money from Turkey but I am not too shook up about it as of right now.
Turkey has been an good ally of the USA for a long time up until the trouble they had with the coup attempt last year, they joined NATO in 1952.
So I am not too worried about Flynn dealing with an ally of the USA....until I can read more about this, that is.
I mean, it's not like he is taking money from Iran or North Korea.
edit on 9-3-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I think he also said that he's intelligent, so he didn't need intelligence briefings.

Or something like that.

In any case, it would seem like someone needed to do more work on vetting at least one, if not more, of his advisors.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I feel sorry for Spicer. He's the court jester. They tell him things to say that they don't want to be caught saying.
I don't listen to him anymore. Too many inconsistencies. I rather watch Melissa McCarthy's mimicking.

Without shame.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Good catch, I was mistaken.

So you're okay with the fact that he was appointed while an agent of a foreign power?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Maybe so. But you would think Flynn would have informed him of that little fact during their interviews.

link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: SBMcG

a reply to: SBMcG

Yeah, I'm sure you'd like that to be the "end of the story" but it's not.

The White House admitted that they had no idea that Flynn was working for Turkey.

What else didn't they know?

Flynn isn't the one with multiple FBI investigation is his wake -- at least one of which is ongoing and likely to be referred for prosecution by Attorney General Sessions.

That would be Bill Clinton's wife.

Hillary Clinton is not the topic.

The apparent massive incompetency of vetting in the White House is.

Flynn was appointed NSA Director while working for a FOREIGN POWER.

Do you have a comment about that?

2 words...

Tim Geithner and Tom Daschle.

5 or 6 words ...

They're not the topic either.

Please address the topic which is: Michael Flynn, acting as a Turkish Agent while working for the Trump Campaign, which was unknown (and undiscovered) even when the Trump White House appointed him NSA Director.

The topic is about competent vetting, is it not?

If Flynn is a turkish agent, why isn't he in jail charged with espionage?

Huh?! Riddle me that!

link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Wasn't it Obama who ran under hope and change? How'd that work out? I'm starting to see a trend here.

Correct. Trump appears to be Hope and Change 2.0.

Why have so many fallen for it again?

Trump's a businessman. Wrap something in an American flag, and a lot of people will buy it regardless of what's inside.

What will they buy when it's an American flag wrapped in Trump?

It's like a healthy serving of bacon-wrapped freedom.

Bacon...freedom. What could go wrong?

Anyway, the topic is Turkey, which also goes well with bacon, but I digress.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Maybe so. But you would think Flynn would have informed him of that little fact during their interviews.

He definitely should have, but it appears he may have an issue of not being forthright.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Trump is a business man. His top priority is to scratch the back of those who scratched his back first, by electing him. Real world. At least he's honest about it and not a lying "Stronger Together" bullchitter.

So ... you're okay with a Turkish agent being appointed Director of the NSA?

The White House says they didn't know?

Is rank ignorance ALSO the mark of a business man?

I know Mr. Trump relied on others in the vetting process ... but he needs to get rid of those folks as well.

Massive failure.

First of all, let's get this straight...
Flynn was not the Director of the NSA, he was the National Security Advisor...there is a difference.
The NSA is the National Security Agency and the director is Admiral Michael Rogers who is an active duty Admiral that was nominated by Obama in April 2014.
I have not had a chance today to read any of the stories about Flynn taking money from Turkey but I am not too shook up about it as of right now.
Turkey has been an good ally of the USA for a long time up until the trouble they had with the coup attempt last year, they joined NATO in 1952.
So I am not too worried about Flynn dealing with an ally of the USA....until I can read more about this, that is.
I mean, it's not like he is taking money from Iran or North Korea.

Al true, but it's still bad optics and was a bad choice, especially about lobbyists. It gives the hyenas an opportunity to sport wood about the "failure" of the Trump administration.

I know, Trump could shoot rainbows out his ass and the hyenas would piss about that but he really needs to start paying attention as to how his haters and enemies will use any and all information against him.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Also while yes bad optics no doubt, I would not have nominated the guy once I was aware of his Turkish connections...

BUT no other administration I am aware of has been under this much scrutiny,(not even Bush after the contentious 2000) I have no doubt that other administrations have done similar things that flew under the radar because the media was not trying to cause an impeachment.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

a reply to: RazorV66

Good catch, I was mistaken.

So you're okay with the fact that he was appointed while an agent of a foreign power?

As of right this minute, no it doesn't bother me...only for the fact that Turkey is an ally of the USA.
But he obviously is gone now...he lasted what? 3 weeks on the job?
If he deceived Trump with this intentionally, he should get some backlash for sure.
Look this wasn't just some guy off the street, he was a highly respected General for quite a long time.
But I will give you that it doesn't look really good right now for him.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Remember that just because you don't like Trump or his shenanigans, doesn't mean your a liberal or that you love hillary. LOL

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

This is a FAKE NEWS Story.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The thing that gets me, is that Flynn is still walking around a free man.

Drain that swamp!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join