It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shep Smith Goes Off on White House Over Flynn News: ‘There’s Been a Lot of Lying’

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Indigo5

That's exactly what my instincts told me when I read the actual text of the letter.

"Retroactively" registering as a foreign agent ... do our laws even allow for that???

Whether you can retro-actively register as a Foreign Agent is legally debatable at best...

But like I said...Spies in the US when found are charged first and foremost with failure to register as a Foreign Agent.

So this looks like Flynn's lawyers trying to brace themselves for charges...It makes the case for indictment less strong even if it legally debatable whether you can declare retro-actively.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Not quite relevant to the conversation.
edit on 3102017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's not so much what they did or didn't know and more how much they admit.
Anything with the word Russia or Russian is met with immediate denial. Even when it's not the question the answer is not the Russians.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

But you're not addressing the thread subject. You're trying to change the subject.

What do you think about trump not knowing this when he and Flynn were spending so much time together on the campaign trail?
What do you think the chances are that trump didn't honestly know?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Off topic post.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The subject is incompetence within the trump Whitehouse.
This "I know you are but what am I?" approach to debate is juvenile and frankly unacceptable.
Don't you have an opinion on the subject at hand? And if not why clutter up the thread with another topic why not just go to another thread that suits you. Or start one.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

That said..all false equivelancy BS aside...Trump has had more ethical breeches and corruption exposed in his first 30 days than Pres. Obama and Bush combined.

More hysterical reaction

Source please
as if you could find one for your made up dnc agenda

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

There is no excuse for corruption from any political side or ideology.

one thing all americans should agree on

march 20 awaits

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: rickymouse
Seems like the ones Trump actually is having the most problems with being corrupt are those who have worked for the government before.

4 words for you..

Trump university and the trump foundation..

Both were total scams..

Trump was never the least corrupt person in the room..

So is the present system of promoting kids to take out student loans. My granddaughter just withdrew from college after finding out it would cost her almost eight grand a year to go without even living on campus. The classes she was given had nothing to do with the field she wanted to go into either, most kids take six years to complete a four year degree nowadays then they wind up working at a job they do not even need the degree for.

Trump lied to the kids just like the lies of public schools. It is all a scam nowadays. Back in the seventies if you graduated from college you could easily get a way better job, not today. Some businesses are starting to require a college degree to do something a high school degree would qualify you for. They are sticking up for their kind, forming a new type of discrimination based on education level. You do not need college to make subs in a Subway.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: EightAhoy

a reply to: EightAhoy
Didn't know, didn't know, didn't know ... when does that become a real problem?

It doesn't, Gryphon. Simply, plausible deniability.

It is how the West Wing rolls, and has for decades. Chief of Staff is the firewall. Chief of Staff and other handlers ensure a president is exempted.

We saw it over and over between 2009-2017.

Straight up?

How about we stop the BS...Cuz it was never a valid excuse for the Obama Admin, saying...well Bush was x, y, and z...

And it sure as # should not be an excuse for the Trump Admin.

How about we stop excusing corruption, lack of transparency, failure of ethics with the false equivalency fallacy...depending on the letter (R) or (D).

Not doing any good griping at me. I made an observation. Email your U.S. Senator and House member and gripe. I have.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

College needs to be free in the USA if we are going to compete in the world over the next 20 years.

That is a non-political fact.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

College needs to be free in the USA if we are going to compete in the world over the next 20 years.

20 years inthe future? I admire your optimism.

The way things are looking, we'll be a bombed out crater filled with stinking polluted water by then.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

It didn't cost much to go college when I went back in the seventies. It was five hundred sixty bucks a year and you could easily get scholarships to cover that cost. There were no loans, and most older people had money in the bank and even bought cars cash. A four year degree cost less than a brand new seventy one comet back then. What the hell happened to our society?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

So is the present system of promoting kids to take out student loans. My granddaughter just withdrew from college after finding out it would cost her almost eight grand a year to go without even living on campus. The classes she was given had nothing to do with the field she wanted to go into either, most kids take six years to complete a four year degree nowadays then they wind up working at a job they do not even need the degree for.

Trump lied to the kids just like the lies of public schools. It is all a scam nowadays. Back in the seventies if you graduated from college you could easily get a way better job, not today. Some businesses are starting to require a college degree to do something a high school degree would qualify you for. They are sticking up for their kind, forming a new type of discrimination based on education level. You do not need college to make subs in a Subway.

That's fantastic that your granddaughter realized that. Most people don't actually factor in their costs of living while attending school as part of the tuition. That's why I argue that the best schools are in low cost of living areas. College is still relatively affordable if you shop around and pick the right priced place. You won't get the networking opportunity of bigger schools by doing so, but you'll still learn the same material.

That said, a college education is still very much worth getting. Yes, there are a few classes you'll take that have nothing to do with your job but those classes still have a purpose in exposing you to facts and ideas about the world that you didn't consider. College isn't meant to be job training. It's meant to teach you how to learn, and expose you to broad concepts. We ended up rolling job training into it because people saw the elites go to college, and wanted the same for their children. So we started using it for something it's not meant to do.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that employers should train people, and college should be left for the people in society who want to think... but then I get called an elitist because I have a college education and they don't.

My biggest concern in the US is that we have our own Bolshevik revolution where we demonize those who are educated, and put those in charge who are charistmatic empty suits. Seeing as how we're just now coming off of another election where people were told to vote their feelings rather than vote on the facts, and people who are educated on subjects get shut down in favor of populist opinions that are nothing more than attractive soundbytes... I would say the chances of my concerns manifesting some day could very well happen.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

It didn't cost much to go college when I went back in the seventies. It was five hundred sixty bucks a year and you could easily get scholarships to cover that cost. There were no loans, and most older people had money in the bank and even bought cars cash. A four year degree cost less than a brand new seventy one comet back then. What the hell happened to our society?

Colleges in the 70's were HEAVILY subsidized, in the 70's those subsidies were starting to go away, but it was in the following decades where they truly disappeared. Back then, rather than give people money to cover the cost of education, we gave the colleges money to keep the cost low.

Then people got into office who didn't like that we were subsidizing people who were only taking a class or two, or worse failed classes and dropped out. So we moved the risk to the student themselves rather than the taxpayer. College cost just as much back in the 70's per person as it does today, the costs were just kept hidden.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It was the result of a growing income distribution gap.

I graduated in the early 90's...A four year degree cost me abt. 16k at a good business school. I left college with 6k in student debt. Now average cost for in-state residents in the USA is 40k for a four year degree, 130k for a non-public, private school, 100k for out of state residents. And that's the AVERAGES..

"Bringing back Mfg jobs" is in part code for abandoning upward mobility in the USA.

Robotics is killing Mfg. and everyone knows it. The guys working at bleeding edge manufacturing facilities now have degrees...often in Robotics. We shouldn't be racing to become Mexico where they only reason they compete with robotics is because people will work for a couple bucks a day...and even at that rate...robots are eating their Mfg. work-force.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
You lost get over it. Trump is here to stay.

Well, that is the essence of the concern now, isn't it?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Damn Johnny...still after all these years, I see your avatar and the song "I'm a lumber-jack and I'm OK" plays in my head!

Gotta do it...

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I've come to expect every president to have gaffes like this. I don't approve, I think it's dishonest and despicable that a public servant would find themselves above the very laws they swore to protect an honor.

And until people unify and participate in this democracy which is our civic duty, we will continue to allow an environment where such blatant exploitations can flourish.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Adviser.

The White House ... didn't know that.

The White House did know....

Democratic Congressman Elijah Cummings sent a letter to Mike Pence’s office on November 18th, telling in detail the financial arrangements which Michael Flynn had with Turkey.

PDF letter: democrats-oversight.house.gov...

Here is where Pence lies about it on video:
twitter.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join