It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shep Smith Goes Off on White House Over Flynn News: ‘There’s Been a Lot of Lying’

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Xcathdra

Reclaim their souls from Satan ... are you serious?

The investigations are on-going by all accounts. Mr. Clapper spoke of what he knew.

Clapper also said there was no wiretapping. I suppose you believe him on that point as well?

Of course im not serious.. you cant reclaim something you never had to start with.

As for Clapper yes, he spoke to what he knew / knows. If you dont believe me then maybe you will believe Clapper's own words, starting at the 150 mark.
NBC - 'No Evidence' of Collusion Between Trump and Russia - Full interview

No Russia-Trump collusion section.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

And when did the White House find out about his status as a foreign agent whenever he supposedly ceased that function?

Today.

No one has said Mike Flynn broke any laws.

Some of us wonder, however, what ELSE the White House doesn't know about its staff members>

Didn't know that Flynn lied to VP about Russian Contacts.

Didn't know that Jeff Sessions was going to recuse himself after the President went out on a limb for him.

Didn't know that Flynn has worked as an agent of a foreign power.

Didn't know, didn't know, didn't know ... when does that become a real problem?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

So I don't have a soul now? Your posts get more ridiculous as you go along.

Oh, I do believe that Clapper can only talk about what he knows.

He said that there have been no connections between the Trump campaign and the Russians. You want to believe that.

He said clearly that there was no wiretapping of Trump. You don't want to believe that.

You're picking and choosing what you want to believe.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

It doesn't, Gryphon. Simply, plausible deniability.

It is how the West Wing rolls, and has for decades. Chief of Staff is the firewall. Chief of Staff and other handlers ensure a president is exempted.

We saw it over and over between 2009-2017. Veterans Administration, IRS, ACA web site, Benghazi movie, Fast 'n Furious, and the rote response that the President learned about these things for the first time by watching the news.

AMIRITE?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy

It is how the West Wing rolls, and has for decades. Chief of Staff is the firewall. Chief of Staff and other handlers ensure a president is exempted.

We saw it over and over between 2009-2017. Veterans Administration, IRS, ACA web site, Benghazi movie, Fast 'n Furious, and the rote response that the President learned about these things for the first time by watching the news.

AMIRITE?

Good points.

I can't fault your logic.

However, what follows is that the Trump Administration is just like every other one.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

AMIRITE?

Good points.

I can't fault your logic.

However, what follows is that the Trump Administration is just like every other one.

Agree 100%. Same manner of acting. Different agenda.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Apparently that's just how the White House works. Look at all the times Obama claimed he didn't know, and found out just like all of us with the news reporting it. I didn't like it with Obama, and I don't like it with Trump. Either these guys know and are lying, or they truly don't know much of anything.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

Apparently that's just how the White House works. Look at all the times Obama claimed he didn't know, and found out just like all of us with the news reporting it. I didn't like it with Obama, and I don't like it with Trump. Either these guys know and are lying, or they truly don't know much of anything.

Agreed.

Which means Trump is going to be just like the others.

Business as usual, except, he's burning the "I don't knows" up at an alarming rate I think.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Seems like the ones Trump actually is having the most problems with being corrupt are those who have worked for the government before.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Seems like the ones Trump actually is having the most problems with being corrupt are those who have worked for the government before.

4 words for you..

Trump university and the trump foundation..

Both were total scams..

Trump was never the least corrupt person in the room..

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Is the NSA still in the hands of a paid lobbyist of Erdagon?

No.

How can we be sure?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
From the WH transcript, 3/9/17. After Spicer's reply to John Robert's first question ("Was the President aware that Lieutenant General Michael Flynn was acting as a foreign agent when he appointed him to be the national security advisor")

Q Had the President have known that, would he have appointed him?

MR. SPICER: I don’t know, John. That’s a hypothetical that I’m not prepared to ask.

So, the ethics/competence of the POTUS is such that it is just not known if he would or would not have appointed a known foreign agent. When people close to you can't vouch for your good ethics or standards, then we will always wonder about your ethics/competence. This does not bode well.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

** Here is what is interesting to me about this revelation **

Remember when Pres. Obama uncovered a Russian Sleeper cell in the USA and deported a spy ring of people posing as average Americans?

How the FBI Busted Anna Chapman and the Russian Spy Ring
abcnews.go.com...

Know what they were actually charged with?

All 10 of the captured spies were charged with failing to register as foreign agents.

So...last year November when asked about him potentially working for Turkey Flynn's lawyer responded...

"Flynn Intel Group has no commercial relationship with the government of Turkey and Lt. General Michael Flynn's public statements on foreign affairs and national security issues are entirely his own,"

FAST FORWARD TO RIGHT NOW?

His lawyer has just Declared and registered Flynn as a FORIEGN AGENT (and retro-actively) of Turkey covering the time all the way up to and possible into his time as a National Security Advisor for the Trump Campaign/Transition/Administration.

He was paid a HALF MILLION Dollars as an agent of Turkey in the last few months of last year.

If I didn't know better, Flynn's lawyers are trying to pre-empt espionage charges.

edit on 10-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

We saw it over and over between 2009-2017.

Straight up?

How about we stop the BS...Cuz it was never a valid excuse for the Obama Admin, saying...well Bush was x, y, and z...

And it sure as # should not be an excuse for the Trump Admin.

How about we stop excusing corruption, lack of transparency, failure of ethics with the false equivalency fallacy...depending on the letter (R) or (D).

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

How about we stop excusing corruption, lack of transparency, failure of ethics with the false equivalency fallacy...depending on the letter (R) or (D).

Wow you rip van winkle the last 2 decades?
NOW it is important?
you people are awesome

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

You keep not mentioning the part where clapper says..."This could have unfolded, became available, in the time since I left the government"...when asked if there was definitive evidence of collusion between the Trump Campaign and Russia

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

NOW it is important?
you people are awesome

What makes you believe I or anyone else was not holding Pres. Obama and Pres. Bush accountable?

That said..all false equivelancy BS aside...Trump has had more ethical breeches and corruption exposed in his first 30 days than Pres. Obama and Bush combined.

Or did I miss where Bush or Obama repeatedly and indisputably lied on a weekly basis? Or hired Foreign Agents as their chief advisors? Or had cabinet officials resign and recuse themselves in the first 30 days?...Bush and Obama had issues...but the public looks back longingly on the now quaint "scandals" that qualified as news then.

But..please...Keep cheering for this corruption...Tolerating it, and absolving this administration of accountability will just lead to cataclysmic finale. Watergate will seem quaint. Deal with it now or deal with it later...

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

That's exactly what my instincts told me when I read the actual text of the letter.

"Retroactively" registering as a foreign agent ... do our laws even allow for that???

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

You keep not mentioning the part where clapper says..."This could have unfolded, became available, in the time since I left the government"...when asked if there was definitive evidence of collusion between the Trump Campaign and Russia

They call that cherry-picking, metaphorically.

I call it dishonesty.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

NOW it is important?
you people are awesome

Many of "us" that you're replying to in this thread have been saying the same things for years.

Perhaps it is you that has been asleep? No matter.

There is no excuse for corruption from any political side or ideology.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join