It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legion - Episode 5 - My theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I think i figured out the Legion franchise, most theories are leading to Shadow King and the "Angriest boy in the world".
I believe that the parasite called Shadow King is actually "The Guardian" of David Haller, feeding of his rage "Angriest boy in the world".
So its actually one "entity" and an omega mutant that has found a working symbiotic relationship, the parasite offers protection and feeds of the emotions.

David Hallers dog, is called King, never existed, it makes him forget or alter his memories.

David has over 200 omega level mutants split in his mind, the only thing keeping it from going totally insane is a parasite feeding on it.
Its a weird symbiotic relationship, but its probably the only thing that keeps the world from going, kabooom..

However there is also something else involved, an Alien called Mojo, who spotted David Haller, Mojo is the wizard of X-men universe or more to the storydriven narrative, the wizard of Oz, is a similar aspect.

David Haller
Shadow King
Mojo
edit on 201739 by tikbalang because: Image

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
the demon with the yellow eyes definitely has to be shadow king. the dog being named king is pretty much a dead giveaway. it seems as though shadow king has been latched onto David's consciousness for a very long time. but, since shadow king is parasitic in nature it is an unbalanced relationship in which David is being exploited to his own detriment while king gets all the benefits of David's limitless powers. King has altered David's memories, toyed with him and basically feeds off of him like a leech. it's got to be part of the reason why David is so fractured and manic i think.

i believe that in order for David to truly gain control over his powers and himself he needs to get rid of king with the help of his fellow Summerland mutants. otherwise David will turn into a grotesque abuser or power. Most likely torturing the innocent and running wild. not using his powers for good, that's for sure.

interested to see how the story progresses for sure. this past episode (chapter 5) when David mounts the assault solo mission on Division 3, that was incredible to watch. Seeing him take apart the commandos like a hot knife cutting through warm butter. The overlay of the demon with yellow eyes when David is viewed through the surveillance system...amazing sh!t. visually, it's one of the most impressive things i've ever seen on television and i love the story as well. i wasn't expecting much when i put on the pilot episode, but damn, i must say, this show has completely blown me away and sucked me in. i'm hopelessly addicted now. haha
edit on 10-3-2017 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

I believe the yellow eyed demon is Mojo, looking through David. Shadow King is in Davids consciousness, Mojo is watching through Davids eyes.. And David an omega level with so many personalities + shadow king, makes a great Mojo show.. Shadow king is definitely there, now let's see if Mojo is also there

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

when Cary is explaining to Melanie Bird that David has a parasite that's latched itself onto his consciousness, he only mentions the one entity that is responsible and that it's been there for a long time perhaps since David was even a baby.

I should think that IF Mojo is involved as well that Cary would have said something about 2 entities hitching rides in David's consciousness and not just the one.

though i guess anything is possible. we'll just have to wait and see. which, i really don't even mind! that's how great this freaking show is!

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I came into this show pretty much blind to the back story behind Legion, other than the fact i know he is an omega level mutant with multiple personalities and Charles Xavier's son, so i don't have much to add for the OP regarding theories etc...but i wanted to comment because this is by far one of the best shows i have had the pleasure viewing.

Its a very strange and often disjointed watch but in a good way, i can honestly say that i haven't seen a t.v. show even close to the style of this.

Chapter 5 is prob the best so far, when the summerlander's got to the Division 3 base and are looking around stunned at the carnage before them and then viewing it on the monitors was a true wow moment for me.

Legion is bad ass, i would recommend any comic book fan give this show a shot its awsome

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

Mojo is an observer

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Mmmmm, right. So I guess it's possible they are both in Davids head. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Excited to see how the show develops for sure.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nickovthenorth

Like you I only know the basics but I'm loving the show because I have absolutely no idea what is going on, we don't know what's real, we don't know what's in Davids mind, we don't know which characters are real and which are made up.

Every episode just gives us more questions to ask

But here's one for you guys, what if the show is based inside David's mind and what we're seeing are all the different personalities in his mind battling to be the dominant personality to control his mind and none of what we've seen thus far is actually real ?

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Not really a comic book guy ("... Worst prequel EVER!
)

But at least this show has been engaging! A bunch of disjointed things that you become aware of not as a "bop! On the top of head" like other shows but over time as more of the story unfolds. Plus the show is funny!

Thoughtful, funny, trippy, action packed at times, slow and "artsy" at others, this show has been fun to watch! I thought that there would be a thread up but here we are. I would start one but there is only one episode left in the series. Bummer.

Thanks for the ride, FX and Marvel!

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
It is amazing how David started the show thinking he is mentally ill with schizophrenia hearing voices in his head.
I can't decide if he started with all of the of personalities in his mind that each already had different mutant powers,
Or he Began with hundreds of mutant powers and his mind made up the different personas that go with a certain power.
Apparently he has over a thousand different personalities in his mind, each potentialy has a mutant power.

top topics

join