It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surya 1 and 2 : India's ICBM's

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
india got a lot of help from the russians designing their ICBM

so you think that USA keep there mouth shut nah USA will never shut his mouth dont forget GSLV engine tech trasnfer how USA blackmail russia to stop tech tranfer .

russia ICBM tech help to india could be issue overnight

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
i read the links provied by stealthspy and they have no mention of russian help. is it me or did they do that on purpose. the completey ignore the development part of the missile

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

i read the links provied by stealthspy and they have no mention of russian help. is it me or did they do that on purpose. the completey ignore the development part of the missile

so you have right to make issue of this

[edit on 8-5-2005 by mirza2003]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Grrr!! Grow up chinawhite...!!

any sources to back up your claim that India's ICBMs are tweaked by the russians??!!

As far as I know India's ballistic missile and nuke program are COMPLETELY indigenous..
Get the pun?.. 'indi'-genous!!

And mirza's right about the USA pressure bit..
India had closed a deal for crygenics stages for launching heavier payloads into space but USA pressurised russia into canceling that deal as cryogenics are instrumental in ICBM tech..
This was before the turn of the millenium I think..

[edit on 9-5-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
COMPLETELY indigenous..

hehehe

actually russia scaled back the deal not cancelled it

Daedalus3 the whole indian space agency/ICBM are russian/western help. go research it

go to this link

www.ceip.org...

India's missile program is maturing to the point of self-sufficiency and the country could conceivably convert its polar space launch vehicle into an ICBM. Despite this, India still relies heavily on foreign missile technology for its current inventory.

www.jdhauser.com...

you must be kidding that the india space tech is indigenous

china even use to sell india urainium

On February 5, Nuclear Fuel reported that members of the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) had sent diplomatic representations to Moscow criticising Russian shipments of low-enriched uranium (LEU) to India. According to the report, Russia has been supplying India with LEU since China - which is not a member of the Group - suspended its shipments following the May 1998 nuclear tests by New Delhi

www.acronym.org.uk...

[edit on 10-5-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The fisrt link states that India acquired many SOUNDING ROCKETS from various countires at the start of its rocket programs and tested over such 300 devices to gain an understanding of rocket propulsion and mechanics.. do you know what a sounding rocket is??!
Find out and then get back to accusations..

The JDhauser satement you've quoted.. is just very 'stand alone' in the article itself..
"India AND Pakistan ballistic missile tech is heavily dependant on foreign tech"..
While the pakistan part is true(I can provide sources..) the article doesn't infer any models,countries,tech specs etc. that were supposedly "transfered" to india..
Hell the JD hauser's just like you chinawhite!!
Master of declarative phrases..no concrete text to back up claims!!

Maybe you could apply for a job at JDhauser..

Here's another quote from THE SAME article:

Many of President Bush's detractors are portraying his recognition of these countries as the Axis of Evil to be nothing more than warmongering, saber rattling and even as a precursor to settling a family vendetta. The obvious truth is that President Bush has based his statement on sound intelligence information.

I rest my case..
You've quoted a neo-con nut!!

And as for the last article..
Please enlighten me what enriched uranium has to do "ballistic missile" technology"..
Every country is not endowned with large uranium reserves..IF one can acquire them from other countris then thats not copying/cheating/using foreign tech..
Uranium is a raw material..
Its like saying:

"IF I have a car plant in my country which imports steel/iron/alloys from another country then I'm using foreign techn
ology in building the car!"

Hell, if I import oil from another country to propel my car, then thats usurping of foreign tech too!!

Why are you hell bent on insulting yourself every time by posting irrelevant illogical stuff??!!
relieve yourself of this trauma

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
ok give me sources.

and the topic i posted i throught this was the thread disscusing indias nuclear warheads because we're talking about ICBM.

also you can import urainium from a lot of countries but only some can enrich them. china exported LEU

[edit on 11-5-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   

ok give me sources.

[edit on 11-5-2005 by chinawhite]

souces of what make it clear

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Sources that show India as building the ICBMs on their own without any foreign help. I believe the Russians had helped the Indians, but not to a really huge extent, just in the developement stages.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
well in chinawhite terms one can say that CANADA started India's nuclear program!!
Not Russia but CANADA!!

India's first nuke reactor, Cirrus, was imported from Canada.. way before India and Russia got to know each other!!

Cheers to Canada..

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
well in chinawhite terms one can say that CANADA started India's nuclear program!!
Not Russia but CANADA!!

India's first nuke reactor, Cirrus, was imported from Canada.. way before India and Russia got to know each other!!

Cheers to Canada..

when was this.. 1950s/60s/70s

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
defitnitely not 70s.. 60s i think..

India's first nuke weapon detonation was in 1974..in response to the chinese one in 64..

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
More details on the surya from www.globalsecurity.org...

- Weight : 80,000 kg
- Development was initiated in 1994

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Agni-3 speculative drawing :

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Let me remind you guys this program is still in the planning/deveopment stages.
making claims now doesn't matter

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JADESTONE
India has no need for ICBM .

what India needs is food , cloth, and shelter for its masses.

what did alexander,nepoleon, cesear gain from world domination.

Nothing just pain,death and a lousy place in history

wwhy don't u see this way jadestone that we have in our neighours china , pakistan which r the worst poliferated in missile , nuclear weapons , drugs ,rerror & what not . In this climate don't u think we need to prepare for worst

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by indianguy4u

Originally posted by JADESTONE
India has no need for ICBM .

what India needs is food , cloth, and shelter for its masses.

what did alexander,nepoleon, cesear gain from world domination.

Nothing just pain,death and a lousy place in history

wwhy don't u see this way jadestone that we have in our neighours china , pakistan which r the worst poliferated in missile , nuclear weapons , drugs ,rerror & what not . In this climate don't u think we need to prepare for worst

Pakistan deleoped issiles to counter indian aggresion

and kashmir is muslim territory

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
thats it chinawhite.. I don't care how many wrns i get ..I declare a personal vendetta on you..

Pakistan developed its nuke ambitions to come to par with India because it will lose to India in a conventional war in a fortnight..

Kashmir IS a muslim state.. India is a SECULAR country!!
So Kashmir being muslim doesn't mean squat..
India has more muslims than Pakistan that way..
Hell India has more muslim then any one else on the planet except Indonesia..!!

"indian aggression"??!!!
wtf are you talkng about..
Pakistan's the one carrying out insurgency ops, not India..
Even the US agrees with that..
Ever heard of Richard Armitage??!!
His name's his game..
The amount of "arm twisting" he did to Musharraf post december 13th terror attacks on the Indian parliment are quite amazing..
Musharraf already humiliated by having to back stab his taliban brotherhood now had to cut of support/supply/training to this insurgents too!!

[edit on 15-5-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
LoL

personal vendetta bring it on hehehehe.....

Your the one starting all this

You and your theory of indian beating china in tibet is luticrtist. I have to convert you back into the real world..come back...

Now back to topic.. Indian aggerison .........YUP

whos the bigger country with the bigger army that is occupying a muslim state..
who was the country that detonated those nukes first.. Pakistan or india....Let me see.......It was india

If thats not aggression you wouldn't know aggresion if it hit you in the face.

now for

Kashmir IS a muslim state.. India is a SECULAR country

the only reason india is a Secular nation is because of kashmir... It does mean squat because kashmirians want you out..

you even proved my point pakistan developed nukes for defence..

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
ok vendetta is a go..

India built nukes because china built em in 64...

India occupies a muslim state..

WTF does that mean..??
What part of "India has more muslims than pakistan" did you not get..??

And for your information the militants drove out over 400,000 hindu pundits from kashmir in order to "make" the state a muslim majority
Just like what you chicoms did to Tibet by pouring in han chinese from everywhere!!

another declarative with no proof:

You and your theory of indian beating china in tibet is luticrtist. I have to convert you back into the real world..come back...

let anyone go to the WW III thread and and see who's in lala land and who's on the ground..

Now back to topic.. Indian aggerison .........YUP
whos the bigger country with the bigger army that is occupying a muslim state..
who was the country that detonated those nukes first.. Pakistan or india....Let me see.......It was india
If thats not aggression you wouldn't know aggresion if it hit you in the face.

So just because one country's bigger than the other and its got a "muslim" state as it were within its country.. it becomes aggressive..??!!??!!

You need help!!

Go to your school counsellor..

Again I really cannot comprehend this concept of "Kashmir being a muslim state and so India's got be oppressing/occupying it"..

hell then using that logic you'd better give taiwan independance today..
Its natives are polynesian mostly not chinese from the mainland!!
Are you drawing country's border on the basis of religion now??
PATHETIC...

Do you even know the history of Kashmir..?? NO..
you don't even know tibet, forget Kashmir!!

Let me have you know that India is one of the most passive states on this planet..And thats what lets us down in 1962 when we offered our hand in friendship and you back stabbed us by waging war..

Lets see now.. pivotal founders/members of NAM.. how aggressive is that for you?? and NAM is not vietnam here..just in case you go ahead and post something in that context

Ever since then and tiannemen everybody has a very vary attitude towards china..
Tell me chinawhite.. Which true "friends does china have?"
no wonder nobody wants to hold military exercises with you all..
Nobody trusts China..
China is a wild card..unpredictable..
Good enough to invest in though as long as one gets surplus returns..
Thats the image China's got to change..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join