It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surya 1 and 2 : India's ICBM's

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

Read this : link

There are some bloody grusome pics of killings in a seperate link with warning. Hell, even osama dose'nt deserve such a death. Those pics are SICKENING to say the least.

China can have a great economy, and be economically faaar ahead of India or another nation and have a larger army and more nukes,etc or beat another nation in war but this is SICK.

seriuosly look at kashmir first before you talk about human right abuses.

Hell do you guys have any sense of humaneness....how can you kill someone like that? and what's the offence ? ..organising a rally against persecution.

and how can you complain about japanese atrocities after looking at what the state does to its own people ?

thats it you have overstepped yourself this time

Hell think of driving tanks on protestors..your own people.
and that too these are state sponsored.

ummm... when did this happen? only reported in india?

China can have the best GDP numbers or the best economy or the best missile or the best nuke, but how it treats its people defines the quality of a state.

Inside China's sweatshops : Chinese factory workers endure gruelling conditions

China 'abusing' workers, says Amnesty

i can understand if these were private companies or irresponsible individuals but these acts done by the state are not good.

The chinese government has nothing to do with these sweatshops they make clothes for western companies and toys for western companys.

I have a great deal of respect for china's rich history and culture, but the present state of affairs disgusts me.

What is a country wihout its people i ask.

you dont have respect for chinese muslims americans westerns. you worship nazis . you think your a masterace which the nazis decened from. the aryans

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
US report on indian human Rights abuses
www.state.gov...

Findings

CUSTODIAL KILLINGS: Among the worst of these violations have been the summary executions of hundreds of detainees in the custody of the security forces in Kashmir. Such killings are carried out as a matter of policy. Nineteen cases are documented in detail in the report. In one case, Border Security Force (BSF) troops detained a young man, Masroof Sultan, tortured him with electric shock, and then took him to a field where they shot him four times and left him for dead. In another case documented in the report, four young men were all shot dead after being taken into custody on April 9, 1993, despite the fact that the Deputy Commissioner told relatives the young men were in custody but would be released.

REPRISAL ATTACKS ON CIVILIANS: Indian army soldiers and federal paramilitary troops of the BSF and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) have also engaged in frequent reprisal attacks against civilians, opening fire in crowded markets and residential areas, and burning down entire neighborhoods. Security legislation has increased the likelihood of such abuses by authorizing the security forces to shoot to kill and to destroy civilian property. Under these laws, the security forces are protected from prosecution for human rights violations. The report documents many such incidents, including the burning of Lal Chowk, Srinagar, on April 10, 1993, during which BSF troops set fire to buildings and shot civilians trying to flee the flames.

TORTURE: Most detainees taken into custody by the security forces in Kashmir are tortured. Torture is practiced to coerce detainees to reveal information about suspected militants or to confess to militant activity. It is also used to punish detainees who are believed to support or sympathize with the militants and to create a climate of political repression. Methods of torture include severe beatings, electric shock, suspension by the feet or hands, stretching the legs apart, burning with heated objects, and crushing the muscles with a heavy wooden roller.

RAPE: Rape most often occurs during crackdowns, cordon-and- search operations during which men are held for identification in parks or schoolyards while security forces search their homes. In these situations, the security forces frequently engage in collective punishment against the civilian population by assaulting residents and burning their homes.

ASSAULTS ON MEDICAL WORKERS: Health professionals in Kashmir have frequently been detained, assaulted and harassed while attempting to perform their duties. Ambulance drivers have been deliberately prevented from transporting injured persons to hospitals for emergency care, and several have been beaten or strafed while attempting to provide care to the wounded. Doctors and other medical staff frequently have been threatened, beaten and detained. Several have been shot dead while on duty; others have been tortured. A prominent victim of extrajudicial execution by the security forces was Dr. Farooq Ahmed Ashai, who was shot by CRPF troops as he passed a security force bunker near the Rambagh bridge in Srinagar on February 18, 1993.

EXECUTIONS BY MILITANT GROUPS: Armed militant organizations in Kashmir have committed grave violations of international human rights and humanitarian law. Militant groups have threatened, assaulted and murdered Hindus residing in the Kashmir valley, forcing most of the Hindu community to flee to refugee camps in Jammu and Delhi, where many remain in increasingly desperate conditions. Armed with sophisticated weaponry mostly procured in Pakistan, militant groups have continued to attack civilians, including civil servants, members of political organizations opposed by the militants, and others accused of being informers.

RAPE, TORTURE AND INDISCRIMINATE ATTACKS BY MILITANTS: Militant groups have also tortured and raped persons in their custody, and have carried out summary executions of detainees and captured security personnel as a matter of policy. They have also thrown grenades at buses and government buildings and have detonated car bombs, killing and wounding civilians. These attacks have occurred not only in the Kashmir valley but also in Jammu.

www.phrusa.org...

www.infopak.gov.pk...

[edit on 26-6-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Ummm what exactly does that have to do with US human rights abuses? Every link there talks about Indian human rights abuses.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Ummm what exactly does that have to do with US human rights abuses? Every link there talks about Indian human rights abuses.

opps sorry forgot to write the rest of the heading

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
sure ue use pakistani websites, go check www.armyinkashmir.org...

here's a human rights index for you:

www.freedomhouse.org...
Freedom House, a US organization, finds China to be "not free". It does an annual ranking of levels of freedom around the world. India, on the other hand, is "free":
www.freedomhouse.org...

[edit on 26-6-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
www.state.gov...

Findings

ASSAULTS ON MEDICAL WORKERS: Health professionals in Kashmir have frequently been detained, assaulted and harassed while attempting to perform their duties. Ambulance drivers have been deliberately prevented from transporting injured persons to hospitals for emergency care, and several have been beaten or strafed while attempting to provide care to the wounded. Doctors and other medical staff frequently have been threatened, beaten and detained. Several have been shot dead while on duty; others have been tortured. A prominent victim of extrajudicial execution by the security forces was Dr. Farooq Ahmed Ashai, who was shot by CRPF troops as he passed a security force bunker near the Rambagh bridge in Srinagar on February 18, 1993.

EXECUTIONS BY MILITANT GROUPS: Armed militant organizations in Kashmir have committed grave violations of international human rights and humanitarian law. Militant groups have threatened, assaulted and murdered Hindus residing in the Kashmir valley, forcing most of the Hindu community to flee to refugee camps in Jammu and Delhi, where many remain in increasingly desperate conditions. Armed with sophisticated weaponry mostly procured in Pakistan, militant groups have continued to attack civilians, including civil servants, members of political organizations opposed by the militants, and others accused of being informers.

RAPE, TORTURE AND INDISCRIMINATE ATTACKS BY MILITANTS: Militant groups have also tortured and raped persons in their custody, and have carried out summary executions of detainees and captured security personnel as a matter of policy. They have also thrown grenades at buses and government buildings and have detonated car bombs, killing and wounding civilians. These attacks have occurred not only in the Kashmir valley but also in Jammu.

Read what you have posted, these are atrocities commited by the jehadis who are trained and sponsored by pakistan in India.

The Indian Government and the Armed forces attack these terrorists to protect the people from the human rights violations that these pakistani jehadis perform in Indian Kashmir.

like i said go take a look at every section of www.armyinkashmir.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   

sure ue use pakistani websites, go check www.armyinkashmir.org...

here's a human rights index for you:

www.freedomhouse.org...
Freedom House, a US organization, finds China to be "not free". It does an annual ranking of levels of freedom around the world. India, on the other hand, is "free":
www.freedomhouse.org...

where is the pakistani links????

your indian army website is not cool

China is a communist country with 63million members of the communist party. india on the other hand is a demoracy

demoracys dont get things done. china had already experienced some sort of demoracy under the nationalist but ended very currupt and nothing was done in the whole time they were in power. since 1949 china has come from a country that had been under foriegn occupation to one of the most important countries in the world...

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   

and it seems you forgot your brain as well. Your personal attacks on me is a cheap way of saying you quit.

I have the upmost respect for Jews and i am a fan of Israel .
And the same goes for westerneres and americans. I also have deep respect for China's culture and tradition, and i pity its people. I am secular towards all muslims who reciprocate the secularism.

China has persecuted Muslims the most They have killed millions of them and millions of them are treated worse than how the Nazi's treated the Jews >> go read all the sections and this : www.uhrp.org...

and www.uhrp.org...

and the US and Bush have condemned this : www.uhrp.org...

Read Repression & persecution of Islam in China

US report : link

But some migrants who blabber ignorant crap without even living in the country they seem to be fanatic about and have no respect for the nation that harbours them and gives them a job and an opportinuty to lead a diginfied life which they were denied in their original country disgust me (no names taken and this is not intended at anyone)

I condemn in the strongest possible terms anyone who supports or accepts the grusome brutal execution of people as shown in the pictures

There are human rights violations in every part of the world. But the scale of the same is different.

Comparing them in India to the ones in China is like comparing the size of an ant to a fully grown dinosaur.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   

www.state.gov...

Findings

Read what you have posted, these are atrocities commited by the jehadis who are trained and sponsored by pakistan in India.

The Indian Government and the Armed forces attack these terrorists to protect the people from the human rights violations that these pakistani jehadis perform in Indian Kashmir.

Dont point to the indian armys site. i can post chinese government propaganda to

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   

where is the pakistani links????

like you didnt quote this link www.infopak.gov.pk...

go up and look at your own post.

and shall i post what the US website says about china's hr abuses ?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   

www.state.gov...

Findings

Dont point to the indian armys site. i can post chinese government propaganda to

all that i asked you to do is to read your own post and know that these are hr violations not by India but by the Pakistani jehadis who are indulging in cross border terrorism.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   

and it seems you forgot your brain as well. Your personal attacks on me is a cheap way of saying you quit.

I have the upmost respect for Jews and i am a fan of Israel .
And the same goes for westerneres and americans. I also have deep respect for China's culture and tradition, and i pity its people. I am secular towards all muslims who reciprocate the secularism.

But some migrants who blabber ignorant crap without even living in the country they seem to be fanatic about and have no respect for the nation that harbours them and gives them a job and an opportinuty to lead a diginfied life which they were denied in their original country disgust me (no names taken and this is not intended at anyone)

I condemn in the strongest possible terms anyone who supports or accepts the grusome brutal execution of people as shown in the pictures

There are human rights violations in every part of the world. But the scale of the same is different.

Comparing them in India to the ones in China is like comparing the size of an ant to a fully grown dinosaur.

*cough* whos the one making personal attacks*cough*

Who said i hate australia?????

i love this country. but my love for my homeland is more

comparing china and india is like comparing a mother that smacks her children to a mother that smacks other people childrens

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   

www.state.gov...

Findings

all that i asked you to do is to read your own post and know that these are hr violations not by India but by the Pakistani jehadis who are indulging in cross border terrorism.

Human rights abuses in kashmir.

The indian army doesn't have clean hands

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   

The article wasn't just those three paragraphs

CUSTODIAL KILLINGS: Among the worst of these violations have been the summary executions of hundreds of detainees in the custody of the security forces in Kashmir. Such killings are carried out as a matter of policy. Nineteen cases are documented in detail in the report. In one case, Border Security Force (BSF) troops detained a young man, Masroof Sultan, tortured him with electric shock, and then took him to a field where they shot him four times and left him for dead. In another case documented in the report, four young men were all shot dead after being taken into custody on April 9, 1993, despite the fact that the Deputy Commissioner told relatives the young men were in custody but would be released.

REPRISAL ATTACKS ON CIVILIANS: Indian army soldiers and federal paramilitary troops of the BSF and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) have also engaged in frequent reprisal attacks against civilians, opening fire in crowded markets and residential areas, and burning down entire neighborhoods. Security legislation has increased the likelihood of such abuses by authorizing the security forces to shoot to kill and to destroy civilian property. Under these laws, the security forces are protected from prosecution for human rights violations. The report documents many such incidents, including the burning of Lal Chowk, Srinagar, on April 10, 1993, during which BSF troops set fire to buildings and shot civilians trying to flee the flames.

TORTURE: Most detainees taken into custody by the security forces in Kashmir are tortured. Torture is practiced to coerce detainees to reveal information about suspected militants or to confess to militant activity. It is also used to punish detainees who are believed to support or sympathize with the militants and to create a climate of political repression. Methods of torture include severe beatings, electric shock, suspension by the feet or hands, stretching the legs apart, burning with heated objects, and crushing the muscles with a heavy wooden roller.

RAPE: Rape most often occurs during crackdowns, cordon-and- search operations during which men are held for identification in parks or schoolyards while security forces search their homes. In these situations, the security forces frequently engage in collective punishment against the civilian population by assaulting residents and burning their homes.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Indian police break up a demonstration by women Kashmiri human rights activists in Srinagar on Monday. The protestors were demonstrating against the disappearences of those apprehended by the Indian security forces and police

These were women just peacefully protesting againest indian human rights abuses.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   

when did i reply on the contrary and when did i refer to you. Looks you guilty concience is getting stuff out of you.

comparing china and india is like comparing a mother that smacks her children to a mother that smacks other people childrens

Its a pity that pakistani jehadis operate in India. India smacks them for sure. For India smacking is smacking. So yes we are smacking other country nationals.

WARNING : VERY SERIOUS VIEWER DESCRETION IS ADVISED; THESE ARE GRAPHIC
For China, smacking is this link

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
In 2004, more than 3,797 people were executed in 25 countries and at least 7,395 were sentenced to death according to Amnesty International. Out of 3,797 executions 3,400 were carried out in China, but sources inside the country have estimated the number to be nearly 10,000. (Amnesty International, Death sentences and executions in 2004, published in April 2005)

link

On 27 September 1987, hundreds of Tibetans staged a demonstration in Lhasa. In the clamp down which followed on successive demonstrations — ncluding the ones on 1 October 1987 and 5 March 1988 — Chinese police opened fire, killing and critically wounding many on the spot and imprisoning at least 2,500. In July 1988, China's security chief, Qiao Shi, while on a tour of the 'TAR' announced 'merciless repression' of all forms of protest against Chinese rule in Tibet. (UPI, 20 July 1988) The policy was implemented at once. The crackdown on the 10 December 1988 demonstration at Jokhang, the most sacred Tibetan shrine in Lhasa, was witnessed by a Dutch tourist, Christa Meindersma, who recalled "...without any warning, the police opened fire, shooting quite indiscriminately into the crowd. They didn't seem to mind who they hit... as I turned to run I was shot in the shoulder." According to a western journalist who happened to be there, at least one officer was heard ordering his men to 'kill the Tibetans'. The toll on that day was at least 15 killed, over 150 seriously wounded, and many others arrested.

However, for three days from 5 March 1989 Lhasa was once again, in turmoil, with demonstrators waving the Tibetan national flag and shouting for independence. During the police crackdown, automatic weapons were fired even into some homes. Estimates of deaths varied from 80 to 400. The official Chinese figure was only 11. According to Tang Da-xian, a Chinese journalist who was in Lhasa at the time, some four hundred Tibetans were massacred, several thousand were injured and three thousand were imprisoned. At midnight on 7 March 1989, martial law was formally imposed in Lhasa. About a year later, on 1 May 1990, China announced the lifting of martial law. 1990. However, as pointed out by the first Australian human rights delegation to China, which was permitted to visit Tibet in July 1991: 'Though martial law had indeed been lifted on 1 May 1990, it continues to exist in all but name'. Amnesty International (AI), in its 1991 report, also confirmed this, adding, 'the police and security forces retained extensive powers of arbitrary arrest and detention without trial.'

In the run up to China's celebration of the 40th anniversary of its annexation of Tibet, 146 'criminals' were arrested on 10 April 1991, and this was followed by more arrests announced at public sentencing rallies. On the day of the celebration the whole of Lhasa was put under curfew. In a sudden clampdown, starting in February 1992, groups of ten Chinese personnel raided Tibetan houses in Lhasa and arrested anyone found in possession of anything deemed subversive; these included photographs, and tapes or books containing speeches or teachings of the Dalai Lama. Over 200 were arrested. Despite all measures of repression, demonstrations continued throughout Tibet after 1987. Available reports confirm that between 27 September 1987 to the end of 1992, there had been more than 150 demonstrations of various sizes throughout Tibet.

"Violation of human rights of concern to Amnesty International in Tibet include the imprisonment of prisoners of conscience and of other political prisoners after unfair trials, torture and ill-treatment of detainees, the use of the death penalty and extra judicial executions. Constitutional and legal provisions in Tibet restrict the exercise of basic freedoms and lack human rights safeguards consistent with international standards." (People's Republic of China: Amnesty International's Concerns in Tibet, AI, London, January 1992, ASA 17/02/92) "All such manifestations (ie. demonstrations and political dissent) of dissatisfaction with Chinese rule — whether peacefully conducted or otherwise — are viewed by the authorities as constituting 'illegal separatist activity,' and those who have led or participated in them have been punished with escalating force and severity. 'Merciless repression' remains in Tibet the order of the day" (Merciless Repression: Human Rights in Tibet, Asia Watch).

Human rights violation in Tibet is all pervasive. Available evidences suggest that China violates with impunity every norm of civilised conduct as laid down in international law, many of which it has undertaken to observe by affirmative acts of ratification, such as the UN Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment (Convention Against Torture), and customary laws of nations such as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Arbitrary Arrests, Incommunicado Detentions, Disappearances and Summary Executions: Evidences of arbitrary arrests and incommunicado detention often resulting in disappearances, and summary executions are cited in the 1990 report of AI which pointed out that "over 1,000 people, including prisoners of conscience, were arrested after martial law was imposed in Lhasa in March" and that "some of them were summarily executed." It also pointed out that "evidences of persistent human rights violations in Tibet continued to come to light in 1989, including reports of numerous arbitrary arrests, long-term detention without charge or trial, and torture." Under Chinese rule in Tibet, there is no question of informing prisoners of the grounds for their arrest and their right to legal remedies. Arrest warrants are rarely issued or produced. Grounds for arrest and imprisonment seem to be found in any kind of activity. Tibetans have been arrested for speaking with foreigners, singing patriotic songs, putting up wall-posters, possessing copies of an autobiography, video or audio cassette of the Dalai Lama, preparing a list of casualties during Chinese crackdown on demonstrations or for 'plotting' and advising friends to wear the traditional Tibetan costume on Chinese national day. Incommunicado detention is almost routine. Often it is left to the device of the relatives of the arrested person to locate him or her. A person taken into custody is declared arrested only after a period ranging from several days to months, or even years. During the period of the initial detention there is no question of informing the family since he is 'legally' not arrested.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   

when did i reply on the contrary and when did i refer to you. Looks you guilty concience is getting stuff out of you.

you quoted me.

Its a pity that pakistani jehadis operate in India. India smacks them for sure. For India smacking is smacking.

For China, smacking is this link

poetry....-------------------------/kashmir/terrorist-kashmir.jpg

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
www.socialistviewpoint.org...

Indian soldiers display the bodies of suspected militants killed during an encounter in Kashmir January 30, 2002. Indian and Pakistani troops exchanged heavy fire across a cease-fire line in the disputed region. It is not clear who a “suspected militant” is.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join