It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump Really The Real Deal? I Mean Really?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Well there was John F. Kennedy...

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

JFK's assassination wasn't necessarily due to him being the real deal.

Presidents work for and against the people to different degrees without being JFK'ed.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795

Thanks for the intelligent, topical response and links, Bandit. If you've got any more solid info to add, please do so. Like I've said before, I'm interested in the truth of matters here, and am not invested in simply believing one way or the other.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie
On the contrary, I'm asking the important questions that lead to discussions like this. There are only so many hours in a day, and ultimately at our best we're only doing the best we can with the equipment we have.

The point there was that, like anything in life, there are levels.

The question in the OP is pretty low on the CT level. How many times has it been posted here that the president is just a puppet and all of a sudden Trump shows up and people start believing (or hoping) that he isn't. The position is one of a puppet no matter who is in the oval office.

I totally get what you're saying. What I'm saying and what was kind of the point of this thread is that if we are going to decide that this president is just another globalist, or just another elitist, we should probably do so based on better criticisms than 'he's a racist rapist bad hair and bad tan job guy who said he's going to grab women in the vahjayjay!' Hence this thread. I've been pretty clear about my ambiguity toward this guy from the OP.

Also, just because they're almost always puppets doesn't mean that a good one might not get through. It's unlikely, I agree, but not completely impossible. JFK was certainly not a perfect human being, but he was pretty outspoken against the corruption of the time.

"I want to splinter the CIA into a thousand pieces and scatter it into the winds."-John F. Kennedy

"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know."
-John F. Kennedy
www.jfklibrary.org...
I'm not saying Trump is another JFK, rather I'm suggesting that JFK was something special, despite his personal flaws.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

He has been attacked in pretty lame fashion but he is the head of a global corporation and a billionaire. That, at face value, shows certain acceptance of globalism and it makes him part of the elite.

He has also been known to lie, so when the question of whether he really stands for the american people comes up, I can't help but think that the benefit of the doubt is being a generous and naive.

I think the logical position is one of "I'll believe it when I see it".

Some will never see it and others see it when it isn't there.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

He has been attacked in pretty lame fashion but he is the head of a global corporation and a billionaire. That, at face value, shows certain acceptance of globalism and it makes him part of the elite.

Not really. Owning and running a corporation of global scope does not one a globalist make. I wouldn't mind running a global corporation, but that wouldn't mean that I would want to institute or facilitate an actual or de facto one world totalitarian government. Elite by virtue of his level of wealth, sure. An elitist...not so sure about that one. If he's an elitist, he's a very out of character elitist.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Trump is the real deal. Obama is clearly a CIA puppet groomed for the position. Although you might not agree with him on everything, he is who he is and not a puppet, which is good.
edit on 4-4-2017 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

Thanks for your reply. What, for you, was/were the thing(s) that convinced you of this(that he is the real deal)?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

Check out the links I posted earlier. Plus this thread I posted last November.Trump has never been the real deal.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I wanted to zombie this thread because I think this discussion doesn't need to be finished. If there is legitimate evidence that Trump is a globalist tool, bring it up here(with sources please). If there is legitimate evidence to the contrary, post it here(with sources please), I'd like to see it.

Again, please spare us the Russian collusion thing, those are weak unsubstantiated claims that really do nothing to answer the questions regarding Trump's character in this regard.

If you have solid data supporting an opinion in either direction, I'm interested in hearing it. I'm still fairly open minded and neutral on the guy. I don't hate him, but I'm not exactly a supporter either. I'm interested in determining the truth of things as it pertains to the guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join