It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has ATS Become?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They weren't waiting for me to show up, they all thought you were talking about Hillary lol!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Over the last few weeks I have seen several threads attempting to get back too the old school ATS.

At least three threads as far as I can recall.

Each one was an attempt to resurrect old classic threads by encouraging posters to provide links.

Even I contributed some links of my own to these threads.

Yet each thread petered out after two or three pages.

I feel that people can not be blamed for lack of trying on here.

I was having thoughts about making my own resurrected topics thread until I saw how others had bombed.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Good point.

The three people who read the WHOLE Original Post were waiting for you.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Oh, I agree. There has been an effort over the last few weeks to assuage some of the criticism. I don't deny that. As a matter of fact, I'd argue it's a lot better than it was 3 or 4 weeks ago.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: KansasGirl

It's my pet peeve as well.

Do you happen to employ the Oxford comma?

Yes.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Remember when a guy could make a thread about politics without offending the local conspiracy theorists?

Remember a time on ATS when LesMis didn't sell out his intellectualism for popularity, and his threads weren't all wordy pandering? You yourself fell into the partisan trap, and you're one of the last people I ever expected to.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Healthy political debate is and always was welcome here, and still is. It's the dumbass "I told you so" back and forth that has infected the board bro. The "nothing you can say or do will change my mind" attitude that has infested since the Trump era began (began, begun?)

The mudpit is literally to blame for this, where else can you debate intellectual individuals and talk # to them? Nowhere.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I remain baffled at the amount of partisan bickering in threads as all the information is MORE than in here/out there how there IS NO SUCH THING anymore. LINK1 LINK2 LINK3 We've been controlled through the banking elites via the CIA and corporate control for a long time now.

However, aside from that, the need for political threads has never been more vital.
Turns out, it's ALL about politics(yes, even all religion) and if it's not discussed, then positive actions cannot result. Plain and simple.
We're closer than ever to dissecting the incredible corruption found in our government and those that "lead" it. We're also closer than ever to losing our livelihoods and our lives as the Globalist Agenda gets closer to beginning their final phases. If people don't start waking up and destroying the bankers, we have a catastrophic problem.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya

Remember when a guy could make a thread about politics without offending the local conspiracy theorists?

Remember a time on ATS when LesMis didn't sell out his intellectualism for popularity, and his threads weren't all wordy pandering? You yourself fell into the partisan trap, and you're one of the last people I ever expected to.

That's neither honest nor an argument. I have nothing to gain but your sudden weeping.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Someone said this:

Maybe ATS can change it's name to ATP, Above Top Politics.

This doesn't make any sense. The reason why it's 'Above Top Secret' is not the 'Secret' part, but the 'Top Secret' part, which is a MILITARY CLASSIFICATION that doesn't cover everything, because there are things even more secret than that (I think one of the highest ranks is 'Cosmic Top Secret').

There's no rank called 'Top Politics', so this makes no sense. Also, being 'Above' loses its meaning, that it has when going not only 'Top Secret', but ABOVE (and beyond?) that particular classification, so it's even higher than just 'Top Secret' - when you think about it, it is a bit silly, but at least it makes some sense. I would still prefer 'Cosmic Top Secret', but you can't have everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join