It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Reasons to vote for Democrats" book is.....blank?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Republicans...for the most part...just sorta lack in the funny department

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

LMAO! I'm nominating this post for "ATS 2017 Best Response of the Year"

And i'm nominating that quote for "i'm not sure if it's satire, but I laughed anyway" award.

And the award for the most acronyms used in a single post goes to...

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The book is accurate.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well come the midterm and next election, all someone has to say to get votes is, "we are not with Trump" and the next president states "they are anti-trump".

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
My reasoning behind almost always voting democrat (I've broken ranks before, especially in Presidential elections) is that there is simply no social issue in America today in which my beliefs fall in line with "conservative values". Not one.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So wait....the guy publishes a book....that's not actually a book, and people paid for it?

Damn, wish I would have though of that, I mean I know most consumers are dumb as # but I didn't know it was this deep.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Better would be "Reasons to keep beLIEving in the Two Party System". Hmm, maybe that wouldn't even warrant a dust cover wrapped around a stack of empty pages.

I could write about sets worth of Encyclopedia Britannica on reasons not to keep getting suckered into it. Wait, I already have.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Lots of reasons to vote Democrat.

They were the first party to be OK with gay marriage. If you're gay, that matters.

They're the historical party, post-Southern Strategy, of not supporting slavery and Jim Crow. If you're black, that matters.

Some of the Republican party may have changed their stance on these issues but history matters on issues like this. If I were gay, I certainly wouldn't trust half the current Republican party not to vote against my human rights and would be uneasy about the direction of the future of the party.

The Democratic party may have voted for the Iraq War but it was elements that still hold power in the Republican party that lied about the WMDs. If you're a wounded veteran, that matters.

Republicans may be sort of reforming themselves, or at least putting on a facade, but they have a very dark history that would be idiotic to forget. They've hurt tons of people and destroyed the lives of people who are still alive and have the ability to vote. Those people definitely don't (and shouldn't) vote Republican.

Granted, I do lean Republican. There are very good reasons for many people to vote Democrat though and identity politics are in fact one of them.
edit on 3/9/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon

They were the first party to be OK with gay marriage. If you're gay, that matters.

They're the historical party, post-Southern Strategy, of not supporting slavery and Jim Crow. If you're black, that matters.

Some of the Republican party may have changed their stance on these issues but history matters on issues like this.

You do know that with time the parties have changed? If you are still supporting the democrats because they released the slaves you really need to do some more research!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

originally posted by: RedDragon

Some of the Republican party may have changed their stance on these issues but history matters on issues like this.

You do know that with time the parties have changed? If you are still supporting the democrats because they released the slaves you really need to do some more research!

The Republicans released the slaves and then the two parties' ideologies switched post-Southern Strategy. Today's Republicans are the legacy party that supported slavery and Jim Crow. I'm in full agreement with you.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: RazorV66

Reasons to vote for Republicans...

Gee. That one is a blank for me too!

Yes, but the book Those that can't come up with original material isn't blank. The first page has your name on it...

Right under the OP, for giving us yet another click-bait partisan thread heaped on to the pile of click-bait partisan BS threads filled with star-farming comments.

Hey, guess that means you're in your book too!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I'm writing 2 books
1) Reasons to vote for anyone in any election.......so far its entirely blank.
2) Reasons and methods to leave the US.............1,549 pages so far.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I really do hope all the blank pages are not all white, they should be yellow, brown, black and white alternatingly, oh and red and pink too...........
Wouldn't want to offend anyone.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

It's being bought up by Democrats.

I imagine them bitterly scrawling their disjointed thoughts on what is "wrong" with the world. Throwing in Bernie and Hillary quotes with rainbow stickers and pictures of SJW's holding signs. They are racing one another to see who can be the first to post a "gotcha" copy to their instagram.

Meanwhile a genius makes money for almost no effort.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I would rather read a book with actual facts on why we need a third party alternative to the democrats and republicans and their continues wacky shenanigans of poisonous partisan policy's and their endless grudge match.

I am absolutely fed up with both parties and choose not to subscribe to either I would rather be an independent free thinker then belong to some cult of group think which both sides are guilty of.

Partisan on ATS! Partisan on MUDPIT! Indulge Ignorance!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mictain
Well come the midterm and next election, all someone has to say to get votes is, "we are not with Trump" and the next president states "they are anti-trump".

The way I see it is, his approval rating is handicapped 7-10 points because of the massive onslaught of negative (and often flat out untrue) media coverage about him, combined with a left wing echo chamber droning on and on about the evils of Trump. Who really hasn't done much other than position his administration to enact his policies.

Given the enormous propaganda effort against him, im shocked his approval isn't close to 20%. I bet "they" are too.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That is an interesting way to look at it.

...and right, too.

Given the negativity, you'd think he'd be at the point of resigning.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Maybe he meant it as a journal???????

Or photo scrapbook??

Or, if you're progressive, something to pass the long evenings until midterms...

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki
So wait....the guy publishes a book....that's not actually a book, and people paid for it?

Damn, wish I would have though of that, I mean I know most consumers are dumb as # but I didn't know it was this deep.

its a pretty smart idea to make money off the sheeple...

I bet it was a democrat that published it, just as it was a democrat behind all of the fake news on social media sites to get $ with each click.

wish i thought of it.

(just, its not funny)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You have to buy the book to find out what's in the book.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join