It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking up to Loud crashing at night - Exploding Head Syndrome

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
a reply to: Macenroe82

Exploding head syndrome ........LOL

What else is the medical field going to come up with next.....

They have a word with definition for EVERYTHING. So now I will make up a new word....lets see....if you sneeze and fart at the same time..... I will call this ..... moist Flatulence mucus.

That's a pretty good description of a sneeze/fart combo, actually. Submit it! To whom? I have absolutely no idea.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Yes, my name being called, mostly.

Got used to it.

Haven't heard it in a while tho

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Relax , it was just a Waking Dream , I have them All the Time..........

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I belive i have experienced this before, as i remember back when i was about 17 living at home i shared a room with my brother and awoke to what had sounded like a shotgun blast, and it scared the hell out of me, i noticed my brother was still sleeping but disregarded it as he's a heavy sleeper so still worried something may have happened upstairs i grabbed my CO2 shotgun off my shelf (probably not really going to be effective if there had been an intruder but every little bit helps eh) and ran upstairs and found nothing wrong in the living room, so i checked the den and found my mother just watching a movie. I asked her if she had heard a loud noise and upon being told she hadn't i went back to bed, then when looking on the internet the next day i found out about Exploding Head Syndrome and how it can be completely random, needless to say it was not very fun.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I had this happen once or twice (probably once) and it actually sounded like a loud bang, not a crash or a name being called. It was really uncomfortable!

I googled it right away and came up with the exploding head syndrome, accompanied by the appropriate bunch of scanners gifs.

It could definitely be responsible for many nocturnal "paranormal" encounters. Good thread.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

And humble, too. Maybe hero is a misused word. Some people are more heroic than others, you behave heroically.

Theres two kinds of people, those that jump up and run away from trouble and those that run towards it, those that stand by and watch and those that dig in and help. Most have a little heroic in them when called upon, some make it their mission. Some are willing to sacrifice themselves, their time, their sweat and blood for others. Rescue is one of those 'missions', one of those noble professions.

I salute you.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sixteen

Thanks!
I remember reading about people believing their homes are haunted and that they would wake up to noises, but nothing being there. Or they hear their name being called.
So I figured that EHS must account for at least some of the phenomena.
as for objects moving and other haunted happenings during waking hours....I got nothing lol

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You got that right! some people choose to walk away from the situation. Not because they are cowards or anything, I think it's more of a reactionary reflex.
When I see something like that, I know I have the ability to help the person/people.
Maybe others choose to stand down just as a measure of "I don't know what to do, I'll just get in the way"

For instance about 2 months ago there was an accident on the hiway that my wife an I came up on.
It had just happened, like no more than 1 minute before hand.
A transport truck, an SUV and a car.

The SUV Was in the middle of the hiway, the car in the ditch,the transport truck was off to the side.

It was 3:15 pm, we were on our way to pick up our kids from school.
As soon as I seen the vehicles, I pulled over behind the Transport.

It took the ambulance and police about 10 minutes to get there.
I was the only one to pull over, people were just slowly driving by.
After I checked on everyone, I ran back to my car and told my wife I need her help.
I got her to get on the phone to ensure the ambulance was on its way.
Then I had her go talk with teenage girls. While I helped the driver of the car and check on the transport driver.

My wife was like what do I do. I told her the girl driver was in sever shock, not making sense.
And that I need her to just talk with her, keep her off the road and make sure she stays warm.
It was around -28 Celsius out, so very cold.

So my wife went and talked with the girls, brought them into our car to stay warm.
The driver of the car was an elderly man, he was fine. He put himself in the ditch swerving away from the accident. So I asked him to sit in his car with the heat on until the police arrive.
Then I went over to the transport. He was slumped over his steering wheel. I knocked on his passenger door and yelled up if I could jump in.
He was very shaken up.
I told him I was a first responder and that I wanted to check up on him.
And instantly he said he was so sorry, he tried to steer away from the SUV, and then asked if he killed them.
I told him, no man everyone is absolutely fine. No one was even hurt.
Immediately I could see the weight lift off him.

Then he reached over and put his arms around me and said thank you, thank you.
I just sat with him assuring him everything was fine.
The ambulance showed up, I gave them the situation and condition of everyone.
And they took over.

But out of that 10 minutes, at least 100 cars drove by. And not any of them pulled over.
Lots slowed down to take a good look, but just kept on their path.
Looking back now, that was Probably because it was so dang cold out lol.

edit on 10-3-2017 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

But out of that 10 minutes, at least 100 cars drove by. And not any of them pulled over.
Lots slowed down to take a good look, but just kept on their path.
Looking back now, that was Probably because it was so dang cold out lol.

Most people are conditioned to not get involved, or its not in their nature.

The parable of the good Samaritan comes to mind.

I had a bad wreck once, waited an hour on a mountain road as hundreds of cars drove by, not one stopped either.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Ya true, some people just don't want to get involved.
the way I think of it - I would want someone to stop and help me if I were in that situation.
Even if I wasn't hurt, but just needed a phone or help changing a tire or something.
I think if I were to just drive by something like that, and later found out that persons life was in danger...I wouldn't be able to look at myself.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Ya true, some people just don't want to get involved.
the way I think of it - I would want someone to stop and help me if I were in that situation.
Even if I wasn't hurt, but just needed a phone or help changing a tire or something.
I think if I were to just drive by something like that, and later found out that persons life was in danger...I wouldn't be able to look at myself.

I think a lot of people put on a good show of being helpful, kind, generous and all, when in reality when 'the rubber meets the road, they are found lacking.

The fair weather friend, the religious prayer, the petty donation, all give as little as possible to keep up appearances. We say hi to our neighbors and hardly talk to them on a personal level, we pray in church and give a little to the plate, but hardly lift a hand to actually help the poor or misfortuned--- "bless you, I'll pray for you" (putting it in gods lap). are with neighbors that are so close you can touch them on a daily basis but make excuses to not help when actually asked. "I'm sorry, Im just so busy", they are neither, making time for what they want to (you should meet my family).

Imo, its more than just fair weather, churchian, busy, praying world we live in here in the US or Europe. We are selfish and arrogant, we expect others, indeed demand others help us, in fact enslave them to our will or else bomb their countries to dust.

America wants to run the world, enslave everyone to their twisted notions, we use more of the worlds resource, invade more countries, and all the while praying for everyone under a false flag of peace, giving, helping and kindness. Its a reflection of how we have become conditioned to be fractured instead of united, pulling apart instead of together. We aren't united we are divided by design, into self centeredness and apathy by our conditioning since a very young age.

And if you listened to all that cynicism, it becomes even more noteworthy to realize there are those that humbly and without hesitation jump up in the middle of the night to brave the cold and weather to help others in distress, regardless of their station or beliefs.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
yes iv'e had this happen all the time, i swear my phone just made a ringing sound though its turned on silent only the other night i distinctly heard my phone vibrate and its not set to do this!

loud bangs, name been called and it all happens just at the onset of sleep so don't worry it's just your mind playing tricks on you.
can be startling none the less but once you know what it actually is,and you have there is NO need to worry.

your normal. hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It's a very interesting phenomenon. I usually have a few episodes a year. Was pretty intense the first few times, until I stumbled onto the theory, and realized I wasn't alone. I also experience sleep paralysis pretty regularly, for what it's worth. My wife used to think I was crazy...heck, I'm sure she still does.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Good afternoon ATS.

I was planning on calling it a night when I found this great topic being discussed. It brought me great joy to see it mentioned since the only other person I’ve ever had discussion about it has been my wife.

I’ve had EHS my whole life. It varies in the sound heard. From loud crashing metal to thunderous booms or hundreds of thousands of people all talking at the same time. Its even been my name of all things being shouted as if the person was watching me push them off a mountain or watching me slip off a dangling rope when the person was hoisting me up. Loud, sometimes painful, scary but never without explanation.

I’m not one who attends loud concerts or listens to loud music via headphones as this is something that’s happened since I was but a child. Interestingly, I never believed it was in my head because just as ones ears give off a high pitched noise after being overstimulated by a loud noise. (Fireworks, car horns, crowd shouting, etc.) My ears would give off the same overstimulated pitch shortly after being startled awake by the noise. Those around me would tell me that there wasn’t nothing to be heard but my sudden confused gasp as I sprung out of bed.

Another commonly occurring sleep disorder I suffer from is sleep paralysis. Never had them both though. One or the other usually but never both or one after the other. The most common sound if your curious to know is usually always music for me. It starts low and faint. Like the elevator music you hear while going up a building but never actually pay attention to. Just background noise your brain chooses to ignore. Then imagine if halfway up to your floor, someone turns the dial so forceful that they break the nob making the music spike in less time it takes you to make a half blink. Honestly, I have come to accept that the music I hear is that of the dream world or dream state. Elaborating a bit on that. My dreams are always people and memories that have nothing to do with the life I live or who I am. Almost as if I’m waking up rather then going to sleep. Ah but that in itself is a whole other topic.

For now I’m just glad to see that I’m not the only one but one of many that experience this little known audio phenomena. Perhaps one day they might reveal the science behind it. Like one good theory I read was that it may be excess build of energy in the brain cells that control audio memory causing them all to go off making the exaggerated loud noise we hear. Yet that in itself is debatable because in my whole life on earth. No one has ever screamed my name with everything they had. The mystery thickens. *que x-files whistle*

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It's annoying as hell. I've had it for awhile, never knew what it was til a patient of mine complained about the same thing so I looked it up. Is interesting now that I know about it, finding out how common it seems.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing.

Interesting and it has a name, but what is it exactly? Why does it happen when drifting off into sleep? Maybe one day we'll understand consciousness and sleep better. I've had this off and on for years.

I've awoken to a gun shot and there was literally nothing of the sort going on but it felt so real. The shouting too I've experienced. Once when drifting off to sleep in my teens I heard a clear and audible voice asking "Who am I?"

Nowadays I see colors and patterns and have very vivid dreams regularly.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kaworu

It's interesting reading these posts and seeing that others also experience SP.
I wonder how common SP is amongst people who also have EHS.

I have had SP my entire life. When I was a kid I thought it was the boogy man or Freddy Kruger causing it lol.
Of course this was before the internet was common place in people's homes.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

A few years ago I lived in an old Victorian house, really beautiful, marble fire places in every room, etc. . .but every afternoon at about 2 pm there was an almighty crash - it sounded exactly as if a huge truck was dropping a n enormous load of glassware onto the road. But there was nothing at all to see. . . disconcerting!

edit on 13-3-2017 by kiro8lak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: kiro8lak

Ya, that is a weird one!

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I also have had sleep paralysis since my young teens so maybe there is a strong correlation with the two. It would be nice to see some good studies on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join