It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking up to Loud crashing at night - Exploding Head Syndrome

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
It's true, the mind processes things in weird ways to our understanding.
It knows it was traumatic, yet replays it over and over trying to make sense of it.
For example, I've seen dead bodies. I've seen people hanging out of windshields.
Yet the one thing that sticks with me the most was an accident on December 23rd at 1 am.
My pager went off indicating to get to the fire house.
Evidently I didn't even need to get to the station cuz the accident took place on the hiway between my house and the fire station.
I pulled over and a woman was outside her car. Another truck was buried in the rock cut.
The windshield was gone in her car, glass all over the hood and the woman.

She was screaming about her daughter and that she didn't know what happened. She kept trying to stand in the middle of the hi way.
I got her to focus on me. I gave her a check over. Some minor cuts and what not, but she seemed fine, asides from being in sever shock.
I checked her vehicle for other occupants and There was an empty car seat in the back.

I asked her about the car seat, fearing the absolute worst. And sure enough she says her daughter was with her. And she needs to check on her. I felt my blood drain from my body.

My team showed up and they went to the truck in the rock cut and started getting the driver out. I told my captain that the car seat was empty and she said her daughter was in there.

So then I started searching in the snow.
Up to my waist searching and listening.
I knew it was only a matter of minutes to find her.

My captain got the flood lights from the pumper on the area. I was digging and listening, searching everywhere.

I was almost in tears.
During this, One of my team members got the woman to give him her number so he could call her husband to meet her at the hospital.
He said the husband that his wife was fine by the looks of it, but gave the situation on his daughter.

The woman was in such sever shock that she thought her daughter was with her.
Turns out her daughter was actually at home, with her father. Safe....thank god.

Well in my nightmares it's different.
I find that baby girl.
I'm not going into detail but it's never good.

Like this is actuality a good turn out story. Everyone was okay, with minor injuries.
The kid was never in the car.
But my mind, when I go to sleep doesn't let it be a good story.

Anyways, sorry for the drift from my OP.
But I'm told the more I talk about this and write it out,
It's good for my healing process.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Beatnixx1414
For me its kinda weird. Its sounds almost exactly like my doorbell but louder. The first few times i ran downstairs to get the door. Nobody there. Thought someone was messing with me. So the next few times it happened i bolted to my window to watch my walkway instead. Nobody there. There is no way they could have escaped that fast. When one day my doorbell did go off (at a reasonable hour) is when i noticed a slight difference in the sound and the volume was lower. I told my doctor about this and he offered no explanation. He is useless douche though. This sound happens a couple times a week, jarring me awake and leaving my heart pumping and adrenalin flowing. This has been going on for a year now and i must say, i really hate it. Looks like im not the only one and it sux. But thanks for the explanation. You are smarter than my doctor it would seem. Lol. Dont be too flattered, he is a putz. Lol

Sometimes when my brain released tension from the day it resulted in a large guitar string sound that startled me awake with my heart pumping. In the end it didn't startle me anymore, I looked forward to it happening so I could get a good sleep.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I was having this happen quite often for a period of time. Though in my case, this was many years ago when i first got sober. Probably the 2 months or so after rehab.

It would scare the #### outta me!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I went through a month long period of EHS type symptoms, nightly sleep paralysis, and what I perceived as nocturnal seizures. It was disconcerting to say the least.

To this day I am near certain it had something to do with my serotonin and gaba levels being out of balance.

Reintroducing cannabis while discontinuing kratom seemed to be the cure.

I still have the occasional symptom every now and then but am acutely aware the sounds are generated within.

From what I have gathered my anxiety disorder is directly related.

Also, I should add that I strongly suspect my past use of antidepressants and benzodiazepines play a major role as well.

This is my unique experience FWIW.

I am overwhelmed with intrigue regarding others testimonies so much so that I cannot bring myself to delving into the thread quite yet.

To think I may have been near having an OBE blows my mind.

A third factor I dont have the mental energy to explore ATM involves a collection of crystals I have discussed in previous threads.......

It is Super rad to contemplate the implications.
edit on 9-3-2017 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It has to do with the way our brains process information. Most people don't realize everything you do during the day get reprocessed at night. It's turned from short term to longterm memory storage. The process actually involves replaying things said and done. If you hear your name being called that's because it happened earlier.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Sometimes when I lay there trying to sleep I hear a shotgun go off beside my head, freaks me out. Lol. The first time I shot back at nothing, getting used to it now, still loud though!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I've had it and I hate it. It's like a loud "pop!!" inside my head. Like someone fired a gun inside my head, or next to my ear.
Off and on for years. Probably happens maybe once or twice a year. I googled it, and got the same "EHS" you did, so I haven't worried about it. It seems pretty common.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Exploding head syndrome ........LOL

What else is the medical field going to come up with next.....

They have a word with definition for EVERYTHING. So now I will make up a new word....lets see....if you sneeze and fart at the same time..... I will call this ..... moist Flatulence mucus.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
yeah, get it all the time. Sounds like a loud bang to me. I'm pretty much used to it now.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

It sounds like that happened in one reality, but was too awful to live with so you branched into a different reality.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

And the 'pops'?

I've heard my name called indoors in broad daylight, and once I was told to run when a semi was going to squish me.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Like this is actuality a good turn out story. Everyone was okay, with minor injuries.
The kid was never in the car.
But my mind, when I go to sleep doesn't let it be a good story.

Anyways, sorry for the drift from my OP.
But I'm told the more I talk about this and write it out,
It's good for my healing process.

Not a drift. That must have like you said 'drained your blood'. Ive felt that before, cold stomach, everything grey. I can only imagine how you felt while you were searching for that child.

Some pressure to keep your cool during that. When you told it I got frightened at what you might find, too. Thats some pretty noble stuff, you know? Not a lot of people can handle a job like that. Pretty much sums up your sudden frights from loud noises, I think. You jump out of bed to make it to your next call... oh, job is done. Don't do that anymore. Glad you shared it, too. Teaching others what thats like, cleanses the soul.

Hero status, real hero status...

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I have heard voices since I was about 19.

It's ok, I'm not nuts!

Like you other folk with this syndrome (as far as it is called) I can hear odd words, like "Hello" or My name, or my personal favourite snippets of conversation like "Would you like a tea?"

I doesn't happen very often, but when it does it is like hearing without your ears.

Usually when it happens, I am still awake, and find I am on my way to going to sleep, I'm in that goldilocks moment, but when it happens, it's like an involuntary thing, I can be thinking about something or nothing and it just comes out of the blue and invades.

I have had two particularly strong happenings where the visual information which accompanied the words is present simultaneously.

Thankfully they are few and far between, the last time something like this happen was 2013, the one and only time I had it happen upon waking, haven't had anything since.

I don't know about you other folks I quite enjoy them, little bit of a break from the norm.

Has anyone else with EHS had involuntary dream flashbacks whilst going about their day, where sudden images from dreams past flash briefly into your head with absolute clarity?

edit on 412017ThursdaypmThu, 09 Mar 2017 19:09:41 -06007America/Chicago92017 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

edit on 382017ThursdaypmThu, 09 Mar 2017 19:10:38 -06007America/Chicago92017 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

does anyone wakes up in shock like a zap? or while drifting to sleep

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

it has sound and a feeling of electricity or a massive blow to your brain, it wakes me up every time and feels very uncomfortable , very annoying.

this what i was talking about o_O
edit on 9-3-2017 by daniel2sxc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Actually i do. I jump out of my seat with it so bad that im gonna cut the wires. My friends know not to touch the bell but to call up to my window. I see where you are going with this i think. Interesting indeed. I also get that electric shock when it happens in my sleep.
edit on 9-3-2017 by Beatnixx1414 because: Forgot something

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
I have brain explosion in the moment i fall a sleep, it has sound and a feeling of electricity or a massive blow to your brain, it wakes me up every time and feels very uncomfortable , very annoying.

Very weird. I get the same exact thing. Some nights it happens multiple times. I have talked to others who also experience it. I'm not sure if it actually fits the description of "exploding head syndrome". But it seems like it's becoming a more common thing. Is there something in the water or what??

edit on 9-3-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

yes mine doesnt fit ehs it is just like a electric shock for me o_O

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I believe its already been named a Snart. A cousin to the much maligned Shart.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Thank you very much.
It's funny that when I first started with the fire dept. i actually felt proud of myself. like I was saving people.
After a while, I had to remind myself why I was doing it.
But the crap that you see, it eats at ya overtime. Sticks with you.
Like anything Of that nature I guess.

But thank you so much for your words and understanding,

I have never thought of myself as a hero.
Just a guy that wanted to help people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join