It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Ever US-Korea Military Drill and a Dangerous President

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Monday marked the start of the annual Key Resolve and Foal Eagle military exercises on the Korean peninsula , the exercises are designed to rehearse scenarios for preemptive strike on the North targeting the leadership and key facilities , taking part will be more than 300,000 South Korean troop and about 17,000 U.S. troops which the military say is the largest ever , unconfirmed reports say the US are planning on flying B52 bombers over Korea.

Key Resolve will end on the 18th March with Foal Eagle lasting till the end of April.

Dangerous President ? , not my words but those of Dr. Judith Herman (professor of psychiatry) and Dr. Robert Lifton (lecturer in psychiatry) , both have put there names to a letter to the editor of the New York Times ... before the Fake News brigade chime in ...yeah I know , he's done his job well.

In particular, we are struck by his repeated failure to distinguish between reality and fantasy, and his outbursts of rage when his fantasies are contradicted. Without any demonstrable evidence, he repeatedly resorts to paranoid claims of conspiracy.
Most recently, in response to suggestions of contact between his campaign and agents of the Russian government, he has issued tirades against the press as an “enemy of the people” and accusations without proof that his predecessor, former President Barack Obama, engaged in partisan surveillance against him.
We are in no way offering a psychiatric diagnosis, which would be unwise to attempt from a distance. Nevertheless, as psychiatrists we feel obliged to express our alarm. We fear that when faced with a crisis, President Trump will lack the judgment to respond rationally.
The military powers entrusted to him endanger us all. We urge our elected representatives to take the necessary steps to protect us from this dangerous president.
www.nytimes.com...

From what I've seen of the man over the last year or so it makes sense to me that mental health professional are expressing alarm , Trump supporters won't or can't see it but there are obvious signs that all is not well.

North Korea has issued it's annual statement of defiance in the face of the exercises but this year they may carry more threat of being realised than previous years.

As the joint military drill is regarded as a blatant nuclear provocation against the sovereignty of the republic (North Korea), our military counteractions will be a preemptive and aggressive nuclear attack.(…)
We have a military operation plan of our style to liberate south Korea and strike the U.S. mainland ratified by our dignified supreme headquarters. (…) If we push the buttons to annihilate the enemies even right now, all bases of provocations will be reduced to seas in flames and ashes in a moment.
thediplomat.com...

If there was a diplomat in residence at the White House I wouldn't be concerned but there isn't and I am.
Here's hoping that nobody does anything stupid and the exercises conclude without incident.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Most recently, in response to suggestions of contact between his campaign and agents of the Russian government, he has issued tirades against the press as an “enemy of the people” and accusations without proof that his predecessor, former President Barack Obama, engaged in partisan

The suggestions from the media of ties between Trump and Russia lacked ANY evidence and they are now claiming they never made the charge in the first place.

The media absolutely IS the enemy of the people.

Monday marked the start of the annual Key Resolve and Foal Eagle military exercises on the Korean peninsula , the exercises are designed to rehearse scenarios for preemptive strike on the North targeting the leadership and key facilities , taking part will be more than 300,000 South Korean troop and about 17,000 U.S. troops which the military say is the largest ever , unconfirmed reports say the US are planning on flying B52 bombers over Korea.

Key Resolve will end on the 18th March with Foal Eagle lasting till the end of April.

Dangerous President ?

Continuing annual exercises that took part under Obama are suddenly dangerous now that a guy you oppose is in the white house? Why no NYT article calling Obama crazy and dangerous? Oh right, because the NYT is a propaganda outlet for left wingers/Democrats. They aren't journalists. They're extremist activists advancing an agenda under the guise of "journalism".

edit on 9-3-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Not a dangerous President.

Dangerous enemies.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

You think Lil Kim will be shaking his fist in anger?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
For how many years bad people kept up the Barack Hussein Obama Muslim Brotherhood conspiracy? Enough is enough. It's time to treat the president with respect.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Dangerous or truthful?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

So kid gloves are important when dealing with North Korea? Ronald Reagan just rolled over in his grave. North Korea is a real threat, and I don't see that threat going away, why should we appease Kim? Maybe obama could send him a reset button

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

unconfirmed reports say the US are planning on flying B52 bombers over Korea.

'Unconfirmed' reports say the US are PLANNING on flying B-52's??? Oh My!!!!!!
WSJ

WORLD North Korea Warned U.S. Flies Stealth Bombers Over Peninsula in Show of Might By JAY SOLOMON and JULIAN E. BARNES in Washington and ALASTAIR GALE in Seoul Updated March 29, 2013 3:41 a.m. ETTwo B-2 stealth bombers flew from a base in the American heartland, dropped test charges on targets near North Korea and returned to the U.S. on Thursday,as Washington mounted its most overt display of military force amid months of escalating tensions with North Korea.

Where is your thread from when Obama ACTUALLY FLEW B-2's over S. Korea and dropped 'dummy' bombs near North Korea?

Partisan BS threads like this are why I RARELY comment anymore.

But please, carry on.
edit on 3 9 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It always amazes me that people that oppose Trump think that he is laying in bed at night playing around with the nuclear launch button and codes like it's a video game. Get a grip, there are people and procedures in place for exactly that not to happen.
The decision, if it ever happens, will involve Defense Secretary Mattis and probably 10 or more Generals and Admirals or at the very least the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Mattis.
Mattis is not going to let anything happen, so you Leftists can sleep at night ok?
As far as 2 shrinks giving their diagnoses from a distance, GTFO with that bullsh*t. As if there is not at least 25 Leftists in the government that need their heads examined and I don't need 2 egghead shrinks to tell me that.
Now just take a deep breath, run to Starbucks and get your Grande lattes and think of your happy places.

edit on 9-3-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

From what I've seen of the man over the last year or so it makes sense to me that mental health professional are expressing alarm , Trump supporters won't or can't see it but there are obvious signs that all is not well.

North Korea has issued it's annual statement of defiance in the face of the exercises but this year they may carry more threat of being realised than previous years.

If there was a diplomat in residence at the White House I wouldn't be concerned but there isn't and I am.
Here's hoping that nobody does anything stupid and the exercises conclude without incident.

A gift for you.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

a reply to: TheBulk
Continuing annual exercises that took part under Obama are suddenly dangerous now that a guy you oppose is in the white house?

Obama was sane , he knew the consequences of his actions .... Trump not so much.

a reply to: FamCore
You think Lil Kim will be shaking his fist in anger?

Never underestimate your enemy.

It's time to treat the president with respect.

Respect needs to be earned , it is not a given.

a reply to: onthedownlow
So kid gloves are important when dealing with North Korea?

Caution is important when dealing with North Korea.

a reply to: stosh64
Partisan BS threads like this are why I RARELY comment anymore.

It is my opinion , I am entitled to it.

a reply to: brutus61
A gift for you.

Aren't you clever , a picture is so much better than expressing an opinion.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

nothing wrong with showing a wannabe bully your big stick. hell i say bash him with it now.

hell your avatar is even carrying one.
edit on 9-3-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

A gift for you.

Aren't you clever , a picture is so much better than expressing an opinion.

That's all your anti-Trump comments are worth. Instead of bashing him and his supporters with a bunch of crap you hear on MSM why not wait and find out what if any of it is true? There are all kinds of factual reports made by anonymous, but where is the actual proof? Same thing goes for Trump before you go there. There should be proof before publishing this gossip. Talking to Russians is not proof of wrong doing.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Both you and TheBulk are bringing up the Russians , I never mentioned them.
Trump problems run deeper than alleged complicity with Russia.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I don't think you have anything to worry about. Even if Trump wanted to make a move he would still need the backing of the SK government. I don't think they would be foolish enough to greenlight any such action.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Both you and TheBulk are bringing up the Russians , I never mentioned them.
Trump problems run deeper than alleged complicity with Russia.

Since it would not be in the scope of this thread, would you mind starting a thread showing all these problems? Please remember if you put something in there there should be proof not anonymous source. I will read the entire thread and give honest feedback providing you don't include anti Trump/Trump followers comments.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I don't know what's more dangerous, a president with the temperament of a 5 year old or the brainless supporters who believe what he says because he told them to believe him. Seriously people.

I've just been watching posts on ATS for the past week and it's funny how fast this place turns into a right wing echo chamber devoid of any critical thought.

You think the "press" is the enemy of the people. Because Trump said they are. Cue confirmation bias.

If something is true, you don't have to constantly slap each other on the back to remind yourselves of it, the truth speaks for itself.

Great OP. S&F.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Ummm...look dude...I was in South Korea in both 85 and 86 for the Team Spirit..."war games"...

These Drills have been going on since the Korean war truce...remember...we're still officially in a state of war with the north...Matter of fact...I fell in love with the culture while I was there...South Korea is a beautiful country...I'm glad I was able to experience it...

I don't understand why you have to view everything through such a partisan lens all the time...it just makes no sense...
You seem like an intelligent individual...but this rabid every little fart that's let by Trump just belies that...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

So many mentally ill people commenting on this OP. I guess birds of a feather will flock together. Trump is a text book Narcissist at the minimum.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join