It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neanderthals self medicated with flora

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

So. Then, the 'creationist' thing...you don't think it's true? Really?! Do tell!

"Creationists?" where did that come from...are you trying to derail your own thread?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all
See what you are saying, is complete and utter nonsense, you apparently know even less about anthropology and evolution, than you do about Sumerology and that's pretty special, are you 12 or something

you didn't bother to fact check even after I showed you how to...

You also got Sitchins basic facts wrong, it was homo erectus, not Neanderthal.

In The 12th Planet (1976), describing the Anunnaki's genetic engineering to fashion The Adam, Zecharia wrote: "Man is the product of evolution; but modern Man, Homo sapiens, is the product of the 'gods'. For, some time circa 300,000 years ago, the Nefilim took ape-man (Homo erectus) and implanted on him their own image and likeness."

www.sitchin.com...
so like you don't even know the nonsense you are expounding.
Not understanding Sumerology, that's understandable, its a complicated subject and requires years of study, but not even understanding the woo that you believe in, that's creationist level intelligence. That is to say, its not intelligent at all, not even slightly..

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk
See what you are saying, is complete and utter nonsense, you apparently know even less about anthropology and evolution, than you do about Sumerology and that's pretty special, are you 12 or something

In The 12th Planet (1976), describing the Anunnaki's genetic engineering to fashion The Adam, Zecharia wrote: "Man is the product of evolution; but modern Man, Homo sapiens, is the product of the 'gods'. For, some time circa 300,000 years ago, the Nefilim took ape-man (Homo erectus) and implanted on him their own image and likeness."

www.sitchin.com...
Not understanding Sumerology, that's understandable, its a complicated subject and requires years of study, but not even understanding the woo that you believe in, that's creationist level intelligence. That is to say, its not intelligent at all, not even slightly..

Thats the most ludicrous thing I have ever read on the net, bar none.
You are saying your book and beliefs are better at myth than someone elses book and beliefs on myth.

What gives you the sole capacity to be the sacred oracle on faith, belief and whos book is righter than the other.
FACT CHECK, well please show us the facts, you know, facts, not belief in said woo

I see your creationist level of intelligence and raise you a mirror for staring at

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

You are saying your book and beliefs are better at myth than someone elses book and beliefs on myth.

Wow really, you don't know the difference between mythology and science fiction
I guess, until you actually learn about mythology you have nothing to say here
try this one
this thread is about Neanderthals, the guy I responded to doesn't know the difference between Neanderthals and Homo Erectus and I guess as you are making a ridiculous attempt to support him, you don't either, but then, what should we expect from a creationist who doesn't even understand evolution...
That was probably one of your better posts
Oh and I didn't even mention a book, that's just you projecting yours onto everything you do or say, like normal
lol

But let me lay it out for you
An ology or -logy, is a scientific discipline.
Sumerology is a science, not faith. Science can be tested, faith cannot. Science makes predictions, faith does not, Science has nothing to do with faith and the fact that you think its even related, well, that's about the stupidest claim anyone made anywhere at any time. You could have sorted out your confusion by reading a dictionary, but well, if you'd like me to post links to the original Sumerian stories which are plagiarised in the old testament, I can, then you can sit there and tell me that "your book and beliefs are better", after its been proven that your book and beliefs are stolen from polytheists who wrote them down a thousand years before the Hebrews learned to write
would you like that ?

edit on 10-3-2017 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Wow really, you don't know the difference between mythology and science fiction
I guess, until you actually learn about mythology you have nothing to say here
try this one
this thread is about Neanderthals, the guy I responded to doesn't know the difference between Neanderthals and Homo Erectus and I guess as you are making a ridiculous attempt to support him, you don't either, but then, what should we expect from a creationist who doesn't even understand evolution...
That was probably one of your better posts
Oh and I didn't even mention a book, that's just you projecting yours onto everything you do or say, like normal
lol

No
I just think you made a bit of a goose of yourself

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

[
No
I just think you made a bit of a goose of yourself

by stating that Sitchin wrote nonsense, I made a goose of myself
Have you read Sitchin ?
Did you know that Sitchin stated that YHWH was an alien from another planet
who does not offer salvation
that heaven doesn't exist
that there is no Satan
You supported him there, so is that what you want to believe...

edit on 10-3-2017 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

www.sitchin.com...

What gives you the sole capacity to be the sacred oracle on faith, belief and whos book is righter than the other.
FACT CHECK, well please show us the facts, you know, facts, not belief in said woo

I see your creationist level of intelligence and raise you a mirror for staring at

The member One4all posted that he "doesn't follow Sitchin" and then proceeded to lay out (incorrectly, as pointed out) Sitchin's basic premise as if it were factual (which it is not - again, as pointed out.)
There is no Sumerian (or even Mesopotamian) reference to any "planet Nibiru." There is no Sumerian (or even Mesopotamian) reference to humans being created to mine gold. There is no Sumerian reference (or even Mesopotamian) to humans being created from some other primate here on Earth.

Also, as Marduk pointed out, the word "Anunnaki" isn't even a Sumerian word.

If Marduk's post is "the most ludicrous thing (you) have ever read on the net, bar none," then you either don't read much on the net, or you've decided to buy into a scam. If you actually believe this Nibiru claptrap, then you ought to be out in the backyard burning sheep for Enki once a week, and not in some building on Sunday munching on stale crackers and grape juice.

If you want ridiculous, I suggest you read the string of posts Marduk is responding to.

Harte

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
@RaggedyMan

I have no idea what you are talking about. I thought you were a 'creationist'. If you aren't - then fine. I'm no fundamentalist. Sheesh.

@ConstructionofLight

I was referring to RaggedyMan's post, I was under the impression he was a young earth creationist.

@sumerology crank:

I have no idea what you are talking about, either.

edit on 3/10/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

What the hell just happened here, people??!

I made a thread about Neanderthal's sophistication with using plants to treat ailments.
It got turned into some weird non-conversation about fundies, Sitchin, and surprised people.

I was not surprised by the findings, I was interested in them.
I shared the article.
Whatever you lot are looking for, it ain't here.
edit on 3/10/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

www.sitchin.com...

Anthropology?...Evolution?...Sumerology?....are you also into Mixology a wee bit to much possibly....lol.

Where is your proof of anything?...within the bounds of the published word...the Peer accepted Publisher controlled status quo you seem to put all of your faith in.....lol.

YOU consider the status quo to be evidenciary and I consider it to be inflammatory.

You wish me to consider your sources to be "factual"....because you are confident the majority will also cling to this so called evidence.

Let me lay it out again so YOU may go fact check yourslf silly.......life evolves the same way on different worlds...it seeks sentience and it finds it......we were happily evolving along here on Earth participating in this planets existance....then "someone" who was also Humanoid interfered with our natural evolution by committing interspecies genetic modifications by adding non-terrestrial [they "were" from here in the past and are survivors of the Nibiru crossing or cycle] DNA[or naturally further evolved DNA] to our existing genetics......this resulted in Hybrids who exhibited hybrid-vigor and grew to massive sizes.

Every 3657 years "our" history is re-written completely.....it is wiped clean like the surface of the planet....and we collectively come togther and re-write it for posterities sake.......during some of these 3657 year cycles knowledge and technology were not hidden from the masses and Humanity collectively left this planet.During other cycles such as our current one only the Elite few have left the planet.

The OP has made a cool connection.....this thread is showing us that what we consider to be high end science is not in fact so cutting egde at all......and anyone who thinks these people were randomly eating medicinal plants is deluded....lol...the simple scenario is that Humans who HAD what we today call high tech....were punted back to the stone age...and were left to do the best they could.....Native North American Indians used a sweat lodge to boost their internal body temp high enough to purge themselves of parasites which are the single biggest killer of humans in history...because this was a KNOW accepted methodology for healing people from illnesses.Today you need to learn by following Hulda Clark or other groundbreakers who tried to break the global knowledge embargo/suppression and expose the anti-humanitarian suppression of the causes of all illnesses.

Because our "human history" is not one long linear storyline but is instead a series of 3657 year full complete circles or cycles OVERLPPING EACH OTHER AND INTERMINGELING WITH EACH OTHER GEOLOGICLLY.....trying to map it out in a linear fashion will never work.

The fact that so called science is telling us they are finding these medicinal herbs in ancient bodies shows us the knowledge embargo is being challenged.

The implications of these findings are far reaching....if we accept that the humans KNEW full well the scientific and medical values of the plants they were using...this evidences complicated pharmacutical knowledge which had been McGyvered..... or those humans had possibly gone from our current level of knowledge and tech to humans trying to replicate said things in a post-apocolyptic world.

It is fantastic to see these connections being discussed in context of an extended timeline....painkillers-antibiotics-psycoactive stimulants these are the most critical drugs to us today.....and it has SUPOSSEDLY taken us this long to gt to the point of understanding and using them.....showing us that this level of knowledge existed so long ago is step one to undoing the suppressed human history we are force-fed.....and a good one at that.

FYI...I came to Stitchins conclusions on my own using different sources and a different perspective....... you can use any or all major religous doctrines to find and put together our One True Humanitarian History.

edit on Fri Mar 10 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix BB code

(post by Marduk removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I have read that at one belgian site, HSN consumed a fair amount of small rodents and the like, mice, voles and shrews, along with larger game, while consuming almost no plants. From the work it seems climate had more to do with it than anything.

You may enjoy reading Farley Mowat's "Never Cry Wolf" where he survives soley on a diet of field mice in imitation of the wolf pack he was observing on a longterm study in Canada.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

FYI...I came to Stitchins conclusions on my own using different sources and a different perspective....... you can use any or all major religous doctrines to find and put together our One True Humanitarian History.

That is a load of hogwash. You don't need to lie to make yourself seem intelligent, but if you do, that's not the way to go about it.

Harte

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

There must be something in beer that my body needs in large amounts!!

There absolutely is.
Mine, too.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

You may enjoy reading Farley Mowat's "Never Cry Wolf" where he survives soley on a diet of field mice in imitation of the wolf pack he was observing on a longterm study in Canada.

That was one of the best films ever.

(post by Marduk removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I have read several papers detailing HSN diets, I dont see HSN as being vegan, its just to hard to provide enough protein. What the researchers may be seeing in these individuals, is evidence of last meals.
Cooked veggies, and mushrooms are soft and easier to eat than meat, and may more accurately reflect the diet of someone at the end of their days, rather than that of the average healthy individual. After all, the individual they sampled had dental abcesses, and if this is the individual i am thinking of the abcess is ,most certainly what killed them, when your teeth hurt the last thing you want to do is chew tough old ibex or deer meat.
Other sites show a very diverse diet, which is exactly what one expects from a basic hunter gatherer lifestyle.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

Plus, poor dentition (bad teeth) is directly related to all sorts of ailments of the digestion. Dental problems can, and do, result in fatal illnesses and infections.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Public Service Announcement

Also called a "PSA"...

The subject of this thread is "Neanderthals Self-Medicated with Flora" and discussion should be directly related to the thread's OP.

It is not related to Earth cycles, Stitchin's interpretations (or lack of them), or anything along those lines. Just the researched data that show Neanderthals did, indeed, self-medicate -- and discussion based directly upon this point.

Post that do not relate to the thread's very clear topic may be removed as off-topic. Offenders may find themselves subject to further action by ATS staff -- including posting bans, which are never lifted automatically!

Please stick to the topic of this thread! Thank you.

This is the only warning.

And, as always, do not reply to this post!

edit on 11/3/17 by JustMike because: coding...

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I have had a couple of thoughts,
A) this study shows mushrooms played a
significant role in the diet of these indiviuals in spain.
Mushrooms play a significant role in the diets of the forest people of eurasia, both modern and indigenous, certain times of the year, fungus makes up more than 3/4 of the diet of modern remote siberians.
B) I have read work by mycologists that suggest psilicin and psilicibin bearing mushrooms may have been important in early human development, in the forests of europe, as both compounds increase visual accuity in low light conditions.
In several amazonian tribes, the hunters use psycoactive compounds to aide in the hunting of monkeys. One group uses a powder made from a tree resin, its name literally translates into "monkey powder". The hunters put a little tiny dab in the inside corner of each eye, and the forest litteraly lights up for them. An anthropologist who studied this tribe, participated in a hunt and said that a monkey that was otherwise invisible in the high canopy, lit up like a neon sign with the monkey powder.
That being said, it's at El Sidron that the first signs of HSN differentiating away from Homo Heidlbugensis, with enlarging orbits and other features of the skull showing changes in the visual stuctures, like larger optic nerves and larger visual processing areas of the brain.
HSN was well adapted to living in low light conditions, and the most significant part of my earlier comment about the rodents, is they were all noctournal species. The neanderthal were litteraly running around in the dark hunting mice in their cave.
So, we should ask ourselves, was HSN's adaptation to the dark driven by the environment, or was it driven by changes in behavior that were influenced by diet.
There are more species of edible psycoactive mushrooms, many of which are only mildy so, in eurasia than deadly ones. If your diet contained a fair amount of these compounds, an individual might shy away from full sun, and be more active in low light conditions causing one to forage and hunt in the twilight of dawn and dusk, thereby forcing the optic structures to adapt.
Or, is the adaptation of the optic structures possibly related to the increased information carried by the optic structures to the brain, which needed a larger processing center, to make sense and sort out the chaotic wealth of info flowing into it? , from the action of the compounds in the diet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join