It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what it takes...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Dubearthsive

Equipment used on this dub track:

Korg MS20 Mini Synth

Fender Rascal Bass Guitar

Gibson Les Paul Junior Electric Guitar

System 1 Roland Synth

Cubase

PC

RME Fireface UC

Lots of UAD Plugins (Big up Scott's Valley, California)

Arturia Keylab 49

Loads of other software.

It cost me a fortune in money just to make that little dub track, to have the real quality instruments doing their thing. It has cost me years of time learning the instruments and listening to how other artists did their thing. Endless hours of concentration.

Music has both destroyed my life and given me the most beautiful reason to keep on living. Figure that irony out if you can. Would I want to do anything different if I could? Nah, I am in my element.

I got to do my music. Life made it crazily difficult to do it. The price of gear made it almost impossible and I often had to starve. I have gone without being able to have a wife and kids because of this Mistress MUSE(ic). I had to make available all the hours to be free for music production and practice. I have even made myself ill because of the poverty of being an artist and I have some health problems now as a result of that. I fought tooth and nail for a boy who grew up on a council estate to have a life of art that only the privileged generally are allowed. I had no money. Yet somehow I pulled off getting this gear and these skills, years and years of patience and growing only in tiny baby steps all the way.

It is DOING IT that counts. The rest is not important. The audience is not significant. I do it in solitude. I don't even particularly want to share it any more, but sometimes I feel proud of my achievements and I like sharing it just with a chosen few.

Here is a picture of my earthly little Nirvana:

I started out just wanting to be in a band. The drive to make music has always been so strong and I still don't understand why it is there. The musicians and the recording engineers wasted my time and my money, let me down. So it became obvious that the only person I could count on was me. That is why I learned to both produce and perform all the music myself. I learned to play all the instruments. I have even had to suffer the world calling me mad, even my own family, because I was so single minded about continuing this life that they see no purpose in.

So, my friends, like my good friend Bob Marley Master Blaster sang,

"When the whole world lets you down
And there's nowhere for you to turn,
'Cause all of your best friends have let you down, do-o-own.
Then you try to accumulate,
But the whole world is full of hate,
So all of your best starts just drift into space.
I know a place where we can carry on.
I know a place where we can carry on.
We can carry on, we can carry on,
We can carry on, we can carry on."

edit on 9-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Wow, just wow. This really is very well made, I think you could easily get people to part with money for this. It reminds me of Ott. You have much talent, keep on dubbing!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

edit on 9-3-2017 by Neith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Not bad, made me think of Ozric Tentacles.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
how many years have you played the string instruments?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I am reading a book Daniel levitins this is ur brain on music ill leave this from the intro incase it inspires u cuz i thought it was cool

The oxford historian martin kemp points out a similarity between artists and scientists.

Most artist's describe their work as experiments-part of a series of efforts designed to explore a common concern or to establish a viewpoint.

...my friend... adds that the work of both scientiest and artist involve similar stages of development:

A creative and explanatory "brainstorming" stage, followed by testing and refining stages that typically involve the application of set procedures, but are often informed by additional creative problem solving.

Artist studios and scientist laboratories share similarities as well, with a large number of projects going at once, in various stages of incompletion. Both require specialized tools, and the results are - unlike the final plans for a suspension bridge (he gives other examples of finalized stuff) -open to interpretation.

What artist and scientists have in common is the ability to live in an open-ended state of interpretation and reinterpretation of the products of our work.

The work of artists and scientists is ultimately the pursuit of truth, but members of both camps understand that truth in its very nature is contextual and change able, dependent on point of view, and that today's truths become tomorrows disproven hypothesis or forgotten objets d'art.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Sue me

edit on 9-3-2017 by daniel2sxc because: Double post

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Im lovin' the beat, the gritty itty beat.
Not sure about the guitar near the end.

Very well produced, great track..

Actually the gritty beat on "bamboozle" is even better in my opinion. Is it sequencing? Or just beat making?
Its your strongest bit in those tracks and on "saturation point" too.

Not sure about the synths, sounds like they were put in just for the sake of it. But hey thats just my take

edit on 9/3/17 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

top topics

join