It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus on 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I've been looking at the Mayan Calendar 2012 Prediction Threads. I couldn't find what I wanted to talk about so I hope this is a new angle on 2012.

From a "The Centuries" web site.
The stinking abominable disgrace,
After the deed he will be congratulated:
The great excuse for not being favorable,
That Neptune will not be persuaded to peace.

When I read this I was interested In what Nostradamus meant by using the name Neptune. Seeing how Nostradamus studied astrology I cross referenced with the Zodiac.
"Neptune, God of the Sea, is the ruler of Pisces."

As the pyramids are often said to match up with Orion's belt I wanted to see if Pisces fit in with that at all.
Then I found out were at the end of The Age of Pisces . Considered by some as the Age of Christianity.This site even comments that the age of Pisces might be ending in 2012

So Nostradamus wrote "That Neptune will not be persuaded to peace"
Could this mean that the first 3 lines of the prophecy will lead to the end of the age of Christianity? Our age will not end in peace?

I'm sure that there must be many people on ATS that know about these things better than I do. So what do you think.

Is this Valid or should I go to back to bed?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Would be better if you used the untranslated original texts to derive things out of.

This thing is literaly translated and looses big part of its meaning because of it.

Can you tell me what Quatrain, verse or part of The Centuries that is? I'll give you the original untranslated version of it.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It is from 6 90. But I don't speak french. It's too bad that things get lost in translation.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Would be better if you used the untranslated original texts to derive things out of.

This thing is literaly translated and looses big part of its meaning because of it.

exactly... don't interpret it for us.. give us the raw material and each can drawn their own conclusion and meaning.
are the original texts available somewhere?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by chesterkat
exactly... don't interpret it for us.. give us the raw material and each can drawn their own conclusion and meaning.
are the original texts available somewhere?

I didn't interpret anything for you. You didn't see all my question marks?
A quote from my original post...
"I'm sure that there must be many people on ATS that know about these things better than I do. So what do you think."

You want the raw material? Click the links I gave for you to look at in my original post.

Original text? The book is called "The Centuries"(again click my links) If you are asking for the very very original writings of Nostradamus I wouldn't know where they are but I believe they were written in French. Do you speak French?

Can we please stay on the subject? I really would like to learn about this information.

"I'm sure that there must be many people on ATS that know about these things better than I do. So what do you think.

Is this Valid or should I go to back to bed?"

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I am sooo sick of Nostradamus. Its crap. Its been rewritten and translated like a 1000 times. People have posted everything from Hitler to 9/11 Nostradamus predictions. It would be interesting, if it had a shred of truth to it. The problem lies in the fact that it has been reworded to fit every occasion and the masses just swallow it up as the word of god.

From my understanding, true scholars believe that Nostradamus was doing nothing more than commenting on his current political situations. He spoke they way he did, so as not to be able to be accused of any crimes. His predictions were nothing more than thinly veiled critiscisms of his current political leaders. However, since in his day you could be beheaded for openly attacking any leaders, he spoke in "code".

Anyrate, Nostradamus=pure rubbish. If anyone would like to challenge that, please feel free, and I shall post the truth...waiting......

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
Anyrate, Nostradamus=pure rubbish. If anyone would like to challenge that, please feel free, and I shall post the truth...waiting......

I'm not interested in challenging that.
However would you be able to post for us the truth on 6 90 from The Centuries ?
"The stinking abominable disgrace,
That Neptune will not be persuaded to peace. "

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Originally posted by spliff4020

I'm not interested in challenging that.
However would you be able to post for us the truth on 6 90 from The Centuries ?
That Neptune will not be persuaded to peace. "

well, lets see. this can be interprited to mean just about anything you want it to. Today its christianity, but what if in a few years a leader named "Neptune", or "Netune" or something similar arises. I know this is far fetched, but go with me here for a second. Now the believers will say its for that. The main point is that his words have been translated and rewritten so many times that they often do not represent anyhting close to the original script.

Nothing more than good television. If pychics and fortune tellers are real, why are they not all millioniares? Can they predict the end of the world, but not next weeks winning lottery numbers?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Maybe some people consider a few things more important to them than making massive wads of cash...

And you still have to answer Ubrax's question! You simply avoided it. What do the following lines mean?

That Neptune will not be persuaded to peace."

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by p a v e l
Maybe some people consider a few things more important to them than making massive wads of cash...

And you still have to answer Ubrax's question! You simply avoided it. What do the following lines mean?

That Neptune will not be persuaded to peace."

Noone can say for 100% what that is suppose to mean. I dont waste my time reading some 500 year old "prophecies". I think its all babble that can be twisted to fit any occasion.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   

So Nostradamus wrote "That Neptune will not be persuaded to peace"
Could this mean that the first 3 lines of the prophecy will lead to the end of the age of Christianity? Our age will not end in peace?

That is a possiblility since we are only supposed to have two more popes after JPII.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
According to this website (esoterism.com...), the text's original is (in Nostradamus's French):

L'honnissement puant abominable
Apres le faict sera felicité
Grand excuse pour n'estre fauorable,
Qu'à paix Neptune ne sera incité.

This translates pretty directly to the modern French:

L'honnissement puant abominable
Après le fait sera félicité
Grand excusé pour n'être favorable,
Qu'à paix Neptune ne sera incité.

In translation to English, the line that gets bizarre is the last. "Qu'à paix Neptune ne sera incité." could mean "that Neptune will not be persuaded to peace," but that's already coloring the meaning a bit. The idea is more specifically, "not incited to peace", which is a bit different from persuaded.

The final ambiguity that comes up in French to English here is whether the last line means:
"That Neptune is not incited to peace"
or
"May Neptune not be incited to peace"

Otherwise, the translation provided works just fine.

UMBRAX, I like your reading of the prophesy. Its hard to make out, but your interpretation seems as solid as you can get with Nostradamus. Why are you pairing this with 2012 though?

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Nostradamus, the Mayans, and the Egyptians were all advanced in their astronomy. Some people have taken the Mayan's Calender ending as meaning the end of the world. I see it as a change. A start of a new era.
It amazes me how many predictions that fit together even when they are all in very different parts of the world.

Some say the end of the age of pieces is now or is coming soon.If Nostradamus was really referring to the age of pieces when he was talking about Neptune. Then these things would seem to match up with the time line of the end of the Mayan calender and the end of the age of Pisces.
I was not clear on how we translate the centuries quatrains into the Gregorian calender we use today. To me "After the deed he will be congratulated: The great excuse for not being favorable," could be referring to America in Iraq.
6 90 just really seemed to fit what has been on my mind lately.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceBeWithYou
Why are you pairing this with 2012 though?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

indeed, the linking of Age of Pices (fish)
->from the Roman Mythic God Neptune
www.mythinglinks.org...

as it addresses the human attributes given to the restless sea (Neptune)
in that case M.Nostradamus' quatrain may just be refering to naval battles or hurricains/typhoons/tsunamis??
...pick any one....you can make a case for that view also!

Of course, there's the planet Neptune, unknown by M. Nostradamus' peers,
but being a voyeuer of the future he himself would have knowledge of the last gas-giant planet in our solar system

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This might be going off topic a bit, but who cares?

You said that the age of christianity might be ending in the year 2012. I believe quite the opposite. There is a bible code that suggessts that the Apocalypse will be occuring in the year 2012. To be specific it states that a comet will strike earth and mankind will be annihilated. I think that perhaps this may be interpreted wrong. In the bible it states that the world will never end, only a new age will begin. Instead of the end of christianity as a whole ending, the veiw, instead, that it is a religon will end. It will become truth if 2012 is really the end of our age and the begining of the new.

At first I thought it was some crack pot theory until i remembered that the Mayan Calender ends on Dec. 21st 2012. And now this Nostradamus prediction! My god! this all can't be coincedence. Mayans, Christians, Nostradamus all predicting that somthing BIG is going to happen in 2012 is a little frightening for me.

I hope I didn't go off topic.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
from my studies of Nostradamus i believe both prophecies about 2012 and the King of Terror that comes from the skies are talkinga bout a comet....The prophecy of the King of Terror said it would come in 1999 and seven months, most people took that literarly and desmissed this prophecy as something that never happen and that proves Nostradamus as a fake... well i think 1999 and seven months means the time of the year the Comet was seen by Nasa's telescopes. its kind of coincidental that Nasa is launching "deep Impact" in June to hit a small asteroid...maybe its target practice for something bigger ...like "the Great King Of Terro that Comes from the Skies" ???

here is our link if you want to read more about our study
www.satansrapture.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Anyone else remember how the Egyptians, Greeks, Christians, Romans, Computer Nerds, aliens, Indians, Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce.... So on and so forth all said the world was going to end in 2000. Do not read into predictions and citing one prophet as support for another is simply not accademic and ignorant. If you legitimatly believe in a prophecy it may be more helpful to examine our current social, political, economic, and enviromental situations and then attempt to draw a conlcusion. Perhaps the human race is heading down a dangerous road, but frankly i'm more worried about what I see on CNN every day than what I can vaugley interpret from 500 year old ciphers.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I believe good ol' Nostradamus predicted the world would end in 3790 or somewhere around there, correct?

I heard that on the History Channel I believe lol..

-wD

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
when ATS members make predictions, they NEVER come true...

is this the same for "famous" profesisers (this is not a word)???

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Egyptians, Greeks, Christians, Romans, Computer Nerds, aliens, Indians, Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce.... So on and so forth all said the world was going to end in 2000.

huh? aliens? i never heard any aliens talk or anything have you? greeks, egyptians, romans or anyone listed never said that except nerds reading about the mayan calendar which never even stated this, its just the end of the calendar, only native american prophecies say this date as the end and many other dates in other prophecies, ps nostradamus says 3797.

[edit on 6-3-2005 by namehere]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join