It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I accept nothing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Sure, I may ramble.
Sure, I may be contentious.
Sure, I may not be an overly popular member.

Sure, I may have seen you ramble.
Sure, I may have seen you be contentious.
Sure, you may have a Karma, WATS, or applause number as low as mine.

SO WHAT?
I know you. You know me. Not in person, but you've met plenty like me. And I've met plenty like you.
And THAT is what makes you wonderful.

No one here is less than Human. No one here is less than any other member. We are as unique and as wonderful, to a person, as the Wide World itself is. That's why we all came here to begin with.

Sure, you can make the case that it was for the conspiracies. Or the information you don't see other places. But where did any of that come from?

US.

Each and every one of us. We ARE ATS. This site would be a useless server without the people, the wonderful humanity, posting here every minute of every day. I don't accept the alternative.

I don't accept that this wonderful collaboration of minds has any member, or group of members, that is better or worse than any other. The admin works to remove trolls. They make sure we all stand up to the same standards here. And we ALL DO! CONTINUOUSLY.

We are an exceptional representation of Humanity. We are a community that is famous for open, honest, and sometimes uncomfortable discourse. But we cannot allow the uncomfortable aspects of that kind of intellectual freedom to drive us to become angry factions.

I will not stop the conversation about this. I will not accept excuses as to why it happens. We are better than this. I understand feelings. I understand emotions. I do not accept excuses to forget who we should be here.

I.
Accept.
Nothing.
But.
Our.
Best.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I accept cash.

Will consider trades.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Touche

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
What about....

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

I accept nothing either, in fact, everything i thought didn't suck, does.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

The trick is learning what to accept because you cannot change it and what not to accept because you can.

It's that or bang your head on a brick wall.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

This is the Internet. I have yet to find a reason to allow it to drive my blood pressure up.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neith

everything i thought didn't suck, does

An apt assessment of life in general

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

It's that or bang your head on a brick wall.

Or do this .

top topics

join