It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Midlands Grotto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I hope this is the right forum.

This is an intriguing find in the English Midlands. "The Grotto" as it is known locally is reputed to be an underground sanctuary temple for the follower of the Knights Templar. Well firstly the Knights Templars were not subject to any particular persecution in The British Isles when they fled from mainland Europe so they had no real need to go to the trouble of building secret underground temples.. Secondly I don't know what "follower of the Knights Templars" is supposed to mean, as far as I am aware the order did not have a fan club or groupies, and I am certain they did not have a Facebook page or Twitter Account.

There is of course the usual speculation; witches/black magic/satanism et al and it seems likely that it was probably dug out and built much later than the Fourteenth Century. Here is the BBC article and there is further info available in all the usual places. We can at least have some fun, speculating on the who, when and why.
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 8-3-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Interesting.

edit on 9-3-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: Image won't embed. Grrrr

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Very nice

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
There is lots of stuff about the knights templar in the midlands, but before people consider it a small space they need to under stand medieval rules, the average serf could not leave their lords land without permission and generally that was for pilgrimages. Around here has Keele as a centre of their power and the Russian czar did visit our area probably as it was quiet and when we still had a rail system.

new topics

top topics

join