It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW, what in tarnation is going on here. Most of you will get a kick out of this.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Comey wouldn't lie to anyone, that's gotta be the real deal.
Congratulations you are a millionaire.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Ugh...The scams never end. Love the craigslist check ordeal and just Recently, I had someone claiming they were the IRS and there would be an arrest warrant for me or something if I didn't pay now. Awesome stuff

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I feel better knowing that the FBI is aware of scams by hoodlums/stupid folks and want to bring them to book.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

GAWD, they think we are so stupid. And I guess some of us really are because they never quit, so it must work on occasion, at least enough to make all the effort worthwhile. I got a version today too. I got a call on my cell telling me there was a warrant for my arrest issued by the FBI and that all of my assets and possessions were in the process of being seized. That only a $ remittance would stave off my imminent incarceration. Actually it was the most excitement in ages. I felt so naughty.

edit on 3/8/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
LOL, naughty.

You're right, it must work occasionally, which is quite sad.

It is unbelievable the lengths they go to, impersonating the FBI.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You got a mail, that is interesting, here in my neck of the woods in dear old America is about phone calls.

During the Holidays is the worst that is when it seems to pick up on targeting.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

These Nigerian scammers are amateurs compared to an Emmanuel Nwude, who sold a fake airport for $242 million www.abovetopsecret.com...

I Go Chop Your Dollar

edit on 8-3-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I'm surprised there's any money left in Africa. Considering I just wired $200,000 to pay for the transport of 20 cargo containers full of cash and gold I inherited as the last living heir of the king of Zimbabwe - I mean, that's almost $4 Trillion!

I'm confident it will come as soon as I wire the $100k in port fees, because the guy who emailed me is a doctor, Reverend, attorney, 4-star General, Ambassador and Consular.

To think they're only taking $2,167.54 to cover expenses! Generous and trustworthy in the extreme!

I used to use a "burner" email to reply to such emails just for fun, acting as if I believed it 100%, then adding things in like: "I want to resign my position with the FBI, so that I can train my replacement before scheduling a meeting with the courier... By the way, tell John I said hi! I haven't seen him since Uncle's coronation ceremony. Le Roi est mort, vive le Roi! - and his money! I'm rich beeeyotch!"

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
mess with them and waste their time !!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I never open any e-mail If it's not from one of my contacts or someone I don't know. Sometimes just opening an e-mail can download a virus.

These scam artists will go at any length to try to scam you out of money. I got a recorded phone call just the other day saying the IRS had a warrant out for my arrest! I didn't even bother listening to the entire thing and just hung up. Really, these people need to be tracked and put behind bars. A lot of times they prey on the elderly who are easy targets.

My nephew was in Italy on a vacation a few years back. I got an e-mail from him saying someone stole his wallet and he needed money sent to him so he could fly back to the U.S.. It really sounded legitimate until I called his mother and she said she just got done talking with him and he said nothing about his wallet being stolen.

So beware of anything you get in your e-mail!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Classic, thanks for the laugh bud

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hey, you can't believe in those scams, the only one you can believe in is the publishers clearing house five thousand a week for life scam. But I am supposed to win that one along with millions of other people. I can count on getting my two cents a week for the rest of my life after we all split the winnings. They use that two cents a week to mail me more chances to win..

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Yea I got one or two of those a while back, looks like they beefed it up a little bit, the older ones were much shorter the only similar thing is the clearly broken and unrealistic English and overall words used, as if the FBI director will personally write you an email anyway with such poor English and end it with "have a blessed day"

There's another new scam mail going around lately claiming to be HM Revenue Customs UK IRS telling you that you have an "outstanding tax refund" which also goes through filters to the inbox.

Sadly I think plenty of people fall for these obvious scams even though a simple glance at the email address should tell you everything, I believe these are all the same old "Nigerian Prince" scammers from a decade ago just with new tactics.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Reply to the guy, waste his time, lead him one, drive him crazy.

Keep him thinking he is one step away from the golden ring.

edit on 9-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

You would be AMAZED at the amount of people that have fallen for scams similar to this one. I used to work in customer service/phone banking for a well known bank, and I would get multiple calls daily about people wiring out money or had purchased money orders to send scammers. Some people would send thousands of dollars to these scammers, to some it was all they had.

The amount of fraud calls I had received over the years that i worked for the bank still amazes me today. The majority of the people that had gotten scammed were usually elderly and it was heartbreaking to have to explain to them what had happened to their money and that they were taken advantage of.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Vamana

Yeah mate, that IRS one keeps popping up, i feel for the older people, like nan and pop...they could be easily tricked by that one.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington
I'd be careful with this. It doesn't sound legit to me.

No sh1t Sherlock

edit on 2017-03-09T04:53:36-06:002017Thu, 09 Mar 2017 04:53:36 -0600bThursday5303America/Chicago174 by corblimeyguvnor because: typo

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Here's one I got first thing this morning in my spam folder...

I am Mrs. Melania Trump, and I am writing to inform you about your Bank Check Draft brought back by the United Embassy from the government of Benin Republic in the
white house Washington DC been mandated to be deliver to your home address once you reconfirm it with the one we have here with us to avoid wrong delivery

Two million united states dollars 2,000,000,00USD that was assigned to be delivered to your humble home address by my husband Honorable president Donald John Trump
the president of this great country this week by a delivery agent Mr. JAMES BOOMBERG

I will like you to reconfirm to me the following details
Your phone number…………..?
Your current home address……?
Your full name…………………?
Occupation...................

The reason I ask you to reconfirm to me this following details is to avoid wrong delivery.
FOR MORE INFO TEXT MY PERSONAL ASSISTANCE HE WOULD GIVE YOU GUIDE LINE +1 7577586460

Uh huh...Yup...

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

The fact that this has made it through your junk filter, which, given your surprise, must be set to exclusive, means that the LEAST concerning thing about this e-mail, is its contents.

That is very strange indeed!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Lol.

The FBI want you to contact them on swiftpay...@gmail.com

Tell them that for helping with this kind of business, you usually expect sweeteners in the form of pharmaceuticals, prostitutes and weaponry.

edit on 9-3-2017 by Mandy555 because: Typo

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join