It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet our new Russian Ambassador

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
www.msn.com...

"Former Utah governor and Republican presidential candidate Jon Huntsman Jr. has accepted President Trump's offer to be the U.S. Ambassador to Russia, Fox News has confirmed."

This is really good news, this is a very intelligent and capable man. I believe that he would make a great addition to President Trumps team.

He was the ambassador to china during the 09' to 11', resigned to have a shot at the republican nomination. While his bid didn't last, he nonetheless preserved and continued his career.

What are your thoughts of this pick? Yea? Nae?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I do not know him - it will be interesting to see what the less friendly media will say about him.

But so far so good.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

I'm curious as well. This man doesn't seem to have any kind issues going on and isn't in the spotlight really. However the fact that he went for the republican bid indicates that this man was a potential candidate. That's really good in my opinion because it brings new views and ideas into the team.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I just went through his wiki, and nothing really controversial stood out to me - and I am really deeply liberal despite my seemingly pro trump stance (I am not pro trump, I am simply anti blind criticism). I like his laissez faire religious views, and he is obviously a man of science.

He has experience with the former east block, he is a two time governor. Sure why not, let us give him a chance.

edit on 8-3-2017 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Some background... He's Mormon, Chairman of the Atlantic Council, whatever that means...

Wiki

Political stance

The Atlantic Council has, since its inception, been a nonpartisan institution, with members "from the moderate internationalist wings of both parties. "Despite its connections, the Council is by charter independent of the US government and NATO, a registered 501 nonprofit organization. In March 2016, the organization met to discuss strategies for dealing with the populist movement in Europe, which they believe is threatening the globalist agenda on the continent.

Atlantica Council

(emphasis added)

So not affiliated with the Global Agenda or anything...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Interesting, the Atlantic Council is the first for me as well. Sounds more like a think tank then anything. You think there is any power there?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Interesting, the Atlantic Council is the first for me as well. Sounds more like a think tank then anything. You think there is any power there?

Dunno...

In my experience Think Tanks make recommendations, based on their global view, which includes geostrategic, geopolitical and above all religious persuasion.

Worked under Reagan and Bush, how warmongering is that?

Ok, I'm shutting up now.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

The fact that he is Mormon seems to matter little:

[Huntsman] told Newsweek in December 2010 that the LDS Church doesn't have a monopoly on his spiritual life. In an interview with Time magazine, he stated that he is more spiritual than religious and that his membership in the LDS Church is "tough to define". Although still Mormon, Huntsman has said that he and his wife draw from an array of sources for inspiration.

A politician's way of saying that he is not (really that) religious.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Did you read down to the bottom? I left it out, but since you carried it further, now I got to finish it...

I was raised a Mormon, Mary Kaye was raised Episcopalian, our kids have gone to Catholic school, I went to a Lutheran school growing up in Los Angeles. So you kind of bind all this together."

Huntsman rejects the notion that faith and evolution are mutually exclusive. In 2011, in response to a statement by Rick Perry that global warming was unproven and that evolution remains only a theory, Huntsman tweeted, "To be clear. I believe in evolution and trust scientists on global warming. "Call me crazy."

Sounds like he'll take any belief or position that is required, i.e., he's a kiss ass.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I don't know, I usually see a big difference between spirituality and religion. I lean towards the spiritual aspect, as did my Native American Ancestor, Sioux.

Religion in our politics isn't spotlighted as much, what do you think?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Seems like a good pick.
I remember him from 2012 and his Wiki says his name was floated for Secretary of State for Trump but he picked Tillerson 11 days later.
I don't remember his name coming up for that but he has got to be a smart guy, says he speaks fluent Mandarin Chinese

He also has a pretty hot daughter lol....Abby Huntsman from Fox News, I think she is on the early morning show.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Thats good to know, considering his experience, this is definitely the right man for this position.

top topics

join