It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a nuclear meltdown going on in Norway right now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hey guys!

So, I am not 100% sure on the validity of this as I have only seen a few mentions on various other news sites and on Twitter but apparently there's some sort of reactor meltdown happening right now somewhere in Norway. Can anybody solidify this with evidence? I did remember reading something a few days back about radiation being found throughout certain regions of Europe though it probably is unrelated.

I'll update if I find anything more.
Peace.

EDIT: I've found this on Twitter. I'd take it with a grain of salt though.
Twitter link to post

Thanks to Vonclod for the link to the thread mentioning European radiation spikes.
Radiation spikes thread

edit on 8-3-2017 by JimmyPilkington because: Edited to ad more info

edit on 8-3-2017 by JimmyPilkington because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2017 by JimmyPilkington because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JimmyPilkington

There was a thread a week or two ago on increased levels of an Iodine isotope detected..here it is
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Maybe the recent strange radiation spikes in the northern hemisphere have something to do with this possible meltdown? I hope it turns out to be nothing or something way more insignificant, we really can't use another radioactive meltdown site, one was already too much.

EDIT: See post above.
edit on 8-3-2017 by BenSisko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Thanks! I was just about to add that to my OP.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimmyPilkington
Hey guys!

So, I am not 100% sure on the validity of this as I have only seen a few mentions on various other news sites and on Twitter but apparently there's some sort of reactor meltdown happening right now somewhere in Norway. Can anybody solidify this with evidence? I did remember reading something a few days back about radiation being found throughout certain regions of Europe though it probably is unrelated.

I'll update if I find anything more.
Peace.

EDIT: I've found this on Twitter. I'd take it with a grain of salt though.
Twitter link to post

Thanks to Vonclod for the link to the thread mentioning European radiation spikes.
Radiation spikes thread

There is something going for some time it seems,

Iodine 131 release it seems and seemingly very dangerous for a very short while in the atmosphere, and yes it seems that Fukushima did have examples of contamination.
www.radioactivity.eu.com...

Obviously then it was in the atmosphere for a very short time. I have no idea if it actually affected the atmosphere itself in some other way though.

edit on 8-3-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well there went the neighborhood.

I hope this turns out to be a misunderstanding/rumor etc....

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I thought the Norway thing happened last year (November or something...)

There is also trouble in the Ukraine:

In January Europe was covered by a nuclear cloud. The radiation level increase was recorded in Norway, Finland, Spain, France, Poland and the Czech Republic. The results of the urgent investigation proved that the only possible source of the radioactive leak is the South-Ukraine Nuclear Power Plant Station where on January 19 at 12:29 local time energy unit 3 in critical conditions was shut down and that was reported by the press office of Ukraine’s Energoatom. This leakage didn’t have a serious impact on the local population’s health, but it was the confirmed fact of a nuclear incident. It took place right in the time when the Ukrainian NPPs operated with the extreme overload, and that is the right moment to use all reasonable efforts and save the world from the third large-scale nuclear disaster.

Groundreport.com, March 7, 2017 - Ukraine on the brink of a nuclear disaster.

The claim is that there was just an "incident" that they stopped and it was not a "major" incident. But as the report shows, going back to the measuring stations that recorded a spike across Europe coincides with the Ukraine "incident". Not very forth coming from either countries (Norway and Ukraine).

Kind of hard to wish away a meltdown. (*dang gallows humor*)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It's not a meltdown. Fuel rods were unloaded in a handling compartment while the reactor was shut down. During the next couple days, noble gasses were detected in the air handlers filters. The rods were inspected and some had faults, causing them to be moved to a storage container. The container was found not to be air tight. The levels of I-131 and I -132 were still rising in the reactor hall, causing them to shut down ventilation while investigating the rising levels. After finding the fuel rods container was still leaking, EKSTRA sealing was applied to the case. Levels have since stopped rising. The amount of I-131 and I-132 are within 5% of the amount allowed in the license. The iodine emissions are 16,9 MBQ I-131 and 8,4MBq I-132.

This info was found on the Alert5 app.
I'm using my phone or I'd link.
Www-news.iaea.org for the full report.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

When they find higher than normal radiation, then this coming from France, Belgium, Germany... In exactly this order. Would bet on France, if there should be a nuclear meltdown in western europe.

I am too afraid to think about nuclear power plants, their safety, in eastern europe then...

Scandinavian countries would be the last in the list.
In my honest opinion, but i didn´t even read the thread to its end.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I think I may have posted this piece somewhere on the board but here you go

There’s been an ever increasing number of reports about mysterious radioactive spikes observed across Europe. However, no official announcement has been made by any of the EU states, as officials are trying to downplay these reports as if they were mere allegations. As it’s been noted by the Independent, Iodine-131 is a man-made radioactive material that is being found in small amounts across the continent. It was found in northern Norway early in January, but has been gradually moving across the rest of Europe ever since. This radionuclide is among the main elements produced during nuclear fission, when uranium or plutonium is used as a fuel. High concentration levels of this radioisotope of iodine have been registered during nuclear tests and after the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. journal-neo.org...

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
My son is working there and told me this is a storm in a teacup.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I think I may have posted this piece somewhere on the board but here you go

There’s been an ever increasing number of reports about mysterious radioactive spikes observed across Europe. However, no official announcement has been made by any of the EU states, as officials are trying to downplay these reports as if they were mere allegations. As it’s been noted by the Independent, Iodine-131 is a man-made radioactive material that is being found in small amounts across the continent. It was found in northern Norway early in January, but has been gradually moving across the rest of Europe ever since. This radionuclide is among the main elements produced during nuclear fission, when uranium or plutonium is used as a fuel. High concentration levels of this radioisotope of iodine have been registered during nuclear tests and after the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. journal-neo.org...

Yes, what I was tring to point out in my post. It's not a melt down, but it was series of errors meant to contain iodine 131 and the like because of its danger of causing a health event though it has a short lived time period, but one error compounded another. I think it was under reported, people have the right to know, and to not become a victim.
But you can see the way it works if things are not reported.
edit on 9-3-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Norge
My son is working there and told me this is a storm in a teacup.

Nothing to see here folks, move on. All is under control, trust them...
edit on 14-3-2017 by Snellius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Belgium NPP is so old and so much in need of maintenance that might have a meltdown at any moment.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm suspicious lately because I recently found out I have a thyroid tumor; when I started talking to people around me, the number of people with thyroid problems around me is enormous! It seems that in the office I work in, 3 fourths of the people have had their thyroid taken out and are on hormones. That seems extremely high to me. Every one claims it is because we live near a nuclear power plant.

I don't know about that, but I definately have become more focused on learning radiation levels around here...

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Not Norway, but we have a reactor with 'dozens of cracks' in Belgium. This world is going to see an increasing number of incidents as time progresses and the reactors start to show their age.

The latest ultrasonic inspections have detected a substantial number of new micro cracks in nuclear reactors at the Tihange and Doel power plants in Belgium since the last study conducted three years ago, Belgian and German media report.

Source

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Poland together with The Netherlands and Royal Dutch Shell attempted to sabotage and melt down another reactor at Chernobyl NPP.
The deal was simple: Shall discredits the superior power and efficiency of NPPs in comparison to its own oil products, while Poland gets a veto on North Stream 2, to remain a strategic gas corridor to Europe.

Unfortunately this type of sabotage activity tend not to go far ... Maybe France wants to try to sabotage some NPP during this week ... who knows!

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Norway oil reserves are cool ... Unfortunately being a NATO imperialist state also has disadvantages when it comes to extraction of those reserves. So ... I'm afraid that no oil will be extracted by Norway unless strictly supervised by the US.

top topics

join