It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tax Returns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

I'd like to see them, but he isn't obligated to show them. I wanted to see Obama's BC, but it took years (if it was even real). If years go by and Trump hasn't released his returns, then I will join liberals in condemnation.

As one that does taxes for a living I am interested in Trump's, because I do believe he is hiding or manipulating things.

I agree, but most likely it's not anything sinister, I bet he just pays a really low tax rate, maybe doesn't give a huge amount to charity, isn't worth as much as he says, something along those lines. Look how the Left smeared Romney over Harry Reid's lie about Romney's taxes, I'm guessing Trump is just trying to avoid that political trap. As I said I would like to see them, but it's not the law, Trump isn't doing anything illegal.

Not giving to charity, lying about what he is worth? I am not saying he is illegal, just saying that these are not signs of a person of high character, not that many of our last presidents have been. But at least, they somewhat laid it out there.

I am a Trump supporter, I don't think you will ever hear me say he is a "high character" individual. He won the Presidency calling his opponents, "Low Energy Jeb", "Little Marco", "Lyin' Ted Cruz", "Crooked Hillary", lol. But not releasing his tax returns isn't illegal, and his policies will be better for the US than what we have had the last few decades, so I wouldn't be terribly hung up on the fact that he isn't a huge donator, or pays a low tax rate etc.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: l007sb

No one else in the US has a private passenger jet.
False.
www.private-jet-fan.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Interesting. Marc Cuban and Richard Devos also have. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I'd like to see them, but he isn't obligated to show them. I wanted to see Obama's BC, but it took years (if it was even real). If years go by and Trump hasn't released his returns, then I will join liberals in condemnation.

As one that does taxes for a living I am interested in Trump's, because I do believe he is hiding or manipulating things.

I agree, but most likely it's not anything sinister, I bet he just pays a really low tax rate, maybe doesn't give a huge amount to charity, isn't worth as much as he says, something along those lines. Look how the Left smeared Romney over Harry Reid's lie about Romney's taxes, I'm guessing Trump is just trying to avoid that political trap. As I said I would like to see them, but it's not the law, Trump isn't doing anything illegal.

Not giving to charity, lying about what he is worth? I am not saying he is illegal, just saying that these are not signs of a person of high character, not that many of our last presidents have been. But at least, they somewhat laid it out there.

I am a Trump supporter, I don't think you will ever hear me say he is a "high character" individual. He won the Presidency calling his opponents, "Low Energy Jeb", "Little Marco", "Lyin' Ted Cruz", "Crooked Hillary", lol. But not releasing his tax returns isn't illegal, and his policies will be better for the US than what we have had the last few decades, so I wouldn't be terribly hung up on the fact that he isn't a huge donator, or pays a low tax rate etc.

I am not a Trump supporter, also not a Hillary supporter. I think 45 out slimes 41, 42, and 43 put together. My opinion of Trump has been below low for many many years. This chaos theory presidency is going to destroy our country, or at least our standing in the world. When his tweets can send a stock down 2% this is a problem. Accusing the prior administration of felony crimes, I believe, is unprecedented in the history of our country. To have a known douche weasel like Bannon on the NSC, come on man, he has got to go.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Accusing the prior administration of felony crimes, I believe, is unprecedented in the history of our country. To have a known douche weasel like Bannon on the NSC, come on man, he has got to go.

It might be unprecedented, and it also might be true. At this point in time we need some unprecedented action from a President. As for Bannon, I like him, he is a staunch economic nationalist, something we desperately need.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: l007sb

ETA: I personally think Trump's tax returns show that he is not near as wealthy as he claims to be, and this is why he will not release them. They will reveal the big lie.

He seems pretty rich. In 2011 he spent 200 million on a 757. No one else in the US has a private passenger jet.

According to Phage's website he purchased it from Paul Allen (Microsoft co-founder) for 100 mil, so the article you got your info from is wrong, nothing like doubling the purchase price to make yourself look like a high roller.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I don't think it's anybody's business to see other people's tax returns. Those are documents between the individual/family and the government, not public documents. To me it seems to be a terrible invasion of privacy. I certainly would never put my personal tax returns out in public. It's not that I've got something to hide, I just don't feel that the information contained there is anyone's business and should stay between me, my accountant and Uncle Sam. I won't ask politicians to do what I would not be comfortable doing myself.
I feel the same about medical records. There are reasons for the laws that make these documents private. If a busybody wants to see those documents they need to stand before a judge and say why.

If the Donald is a puppet of the Russians---as long as the Russians want us to get jobs back to the US, rebuild our infrastructure, bring our troops home from the middle east and tend to our veterans, I'm all for it. At this point I don't really give two good whips who or what turns this country around, just that some major changes get done. If the Donald is smart, he'll meet with Putin and pick his brain about economic recovery. The man has a PhD in the subject. If memory serves me his dissertation is all about the economic recovery of Germany after WWII. He's probably the smartest world leader the Donald will meet.

I'm told by people who have known and worked for/with him for over 30 years that he seeks out people smarter than himself. They say that when faced with problems beyond his scope his favorite quip is, "We need a smart person."

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Accusing the prior administration of felony crimes, I believe, is unprecedented in the history of our country. To have a known douche weasel like Bannon on the NSC, come on man, he has got to go.

It might be unprecedented, and it also might be true. At this point in time we need some unprecedented action from a President. As for Bannon, I like him, he is a staunch economic nationalist, something we desperately need.

Yes and it could be an alt-fact that Trump pulled out of his ass. Bannon is a straight up racist, so I don't share your high opinion of him, he is a scumbag.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

He renovated it with gold so it was more than 100 million which is what he paid for the plane.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

That would be We're ... not where.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

I don't think it's anybody's business to see other people's tax returns. Those are documents between the individual/family and the government, not public documents. To me it seems to be a terrible invasion of privacy. I certainly would never put my personal tax returns out in public. It's not that I've got something to hide, I just don't feel that the information contained there is anyone's business and should stay between me, my accountant and Uncle Sam. I won't ask politicians to do what I would not be comfortable doing myself.
I feel the same about medical records. There are reasons for the laws that make these documents private. If a busybody wants to see those documents they need to stand before a judge and say why.

If the Donald is a puppet of the Russians---as long as the Russians want us to get jobs back to the US, rebuild our infrastructure, bring our troops home from the middle east and tend to our veterans, I'm all for it. At this point I don't really give two good whips who or what turns this country around, just that some major changes get done. If the Donald is smart, he'll meet with Putin and pick his brain about economic recovery. The man has a PhD in the subject. If memory serves me his dissertation is all about the economic recovery of Germany after WWII. He's probably the smartest world leader the Donald will meet.

I'm told by people who have known and worked for/with him for over 30 years that he seeks out people smarter than himself. They say that when faced with problems beyond his scope his favorite quip is, "We need a smart person."

As far as I know you are not running or holding public office. While I agree that tax info and medical records are personal information, there is a certain level of transparency expected, Trump has not met those expectations for many Americans, nor has he kept his word. The fact that he has not kept his word is more important in my evaluation of him as a human being.

ETA: As far as unnamed sources in your last paragraph, according to the glorious leader, that is all fake news.
edit on 3/8/2017 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

From what I can find, Putin does not hold a PhD.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Kept what what? Locking Hillary up? He also lied about never met Putin.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: l007sb

Kept what what? Locking Hillary up? He also lied about never met Putin.

Not real sure what you are talking about, I haven't said a thing about locking Hillary up??????

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Because its something (anything) to whine about.

Seriously.

All the partisans whine incessantly about the stupidest stuff.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

As far as I know you are not running or holding public office. While I agree that tax info and medical records are personal information, there is a certain level of transparency expected, Trump has not met those expectations for many Americans, nor has he kept his word. The fact that he has not kept his word is more important in my evaluation of him as a human being.

ETA: As far as unnamed sources in your last paragraph, according to the glorious leader, that is all fake news.

Thats the real key there.

People have an irrational belief that their expectations should be met. Its how customer service measures customer satisfaction. "Did we meet your expectations?"

But what if someone has no right to an expectation?

The only thing I blame Trump for is not properly managing expectations. I wouldn't realease my tax returns. Why should he? To silence a bunch of squeaky wheels? What, exactly, does that do for him? They'll just start squeaking about something else.

I have to ask myself if people have reasonable expectations.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The left is only cheeping and cawing about Trump's tax returns because of an overly effective campaign by the exposed and corrupt DNC, directed to conduct "Parrot Training" on all their constituents.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Thats the real key there.

People have an irrational belief that their expectations should be met. Its how customer service measures customer satisfaction. "Did we meet your expectations?"

But what if someone has no right to an expectation?

The only thing I blame Trump for is not properly managing expectations. I wouldn't realease my tax returns. Why should he? To silence a bunch of squeaky wheels? What, exactly, does that do for him? They'll just start squeaking about something else.

I have to ask myself if people have reasonable expectations.

It is late, I am tired, but at one point Trump came out and said if elected he would release them. He established the expectations, and now he is whelching on the bet.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
The left is only cheeping and cawing about Trump's tax returns because of an overly effective campaign by the exposed and corrupt DNC, directed to conduct "Parrot Training" on all their constituents.

Some of us are not democrats, and we would really like to see Trump's tax returns. By his failure to release them he is hiding something. Get off of your Partisan BS and actually use your brain.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Nixon started it. Trump ended it. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Some of us are not democrats, and we would really like to see Trump's tax returns. By his failure to release them he is hiding something. Get off of your Partisan BS and actually use your brain.

Educate yourself and don't parrot lame reasons to want to see Trump's tax returns.

Trump is a billionaire. By someone with the assets and liabilities that a billionaire has, and allowing their tax returns to become public would allow unscrupulous people to then manipulate markets, and find many different ways to control key stocks and industries in ways that WOULD cause harm to lots of people. Great financial harm. If releasing tax returns were so important to our constitutional republic's health, then it would have become a law long ago.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join