It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Judge Eviscerates Tribal Request to Halt Dakota Access Pipeline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Looks like oil will be be shipping via this pipeline shortly.
Warren Buffet and his rail line will suffer economically, oh well, pipelines are the safer, less expensive mode of transport.
There's still one court challenge left, but it's highly unlikely that anything will change as far as this pipeline being completed very shortly.
The protestors didn't do much except make a big mess, this was always a matter for the courts, and they have decided.
Thank you Honorable Judge Boasberg for a good decision.

One of President Donald Trump’s first acts in office in January was to sign a presidential memoranda ordering the removal of obstacles to the construction of both the Dakota Access Pipeline and the Keystone XL, which was also halted under the previous administration.

The ruling will allow Dakota Access, a subsidiary of Energy Transfer Partners, to finish the final 1,100ft (335m) connection, completing the $3.8 billion, 1,170 mile pipeline.
www.rt.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Another big win for corporations over people and their rights. Money over humanity. Disgusting. Hopefully the 100 or so jobs it will create permanently is worth potentially destroying the water supply for hundreds of thousands of people. Awesome. Great source by the way.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
Another big win for corporations over people and their rights. Money over humanity. Disgusting. Hopefully the 100 or so jobs it will create permanently is worth potentially destroying the water supply for hundreds of thousands of people. Awesome. Great source by the way.

You'd rather see the oil continue to be shipped by rail?
Maybe you'd rather see North America shut down all oil production and import from Opec?
I'm confused, out of the 2.5 million miles of pipeline in the ground in the USA, why is this one going to be the one that ruins the water supply for hundreds of thousands of people? Do people think it is the only pipeline that goes under a river?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

really? the time to stop all this crap was back when the first few pipelines where going in, but now it's a little late to start throwing your arms up in upset. This is creating a lot more than 100 permanent jobs, way more. but if this is what makes you guys get your wheels spinning........ well then, you go girl! what about other corporations needlessly dumping waste into rivers and lakes? or new landfills that are put in, or nuclear power plants. its called breaking eggs to make an omelette, if you get it. If this gets you so mad, how about you try coming up with solutions for the problem instead of crying with SJW rhetoric? just a thought.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter
www.economicsgroup.com...

There's a report available that details the economic impact of the pipeline.
The pipeline will move half a million barrels a day, saving about 5 bucks a barrel over shipping it by rail.
Thats a substantial amount of money back into the pockets of the energy companies, there will be a lot of spin off jobs from this pipeline.
Before the leftwingers come in here and claim it's only going to provide 10 permanent jobs, please take the time to read the report so you don't look stupid.
edit on 9-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

nobakken.com...

The pipeline will move half a million barrels a day, saving about 5 bucks a barrel over shipping it by rail.
Thats a substantial amount of money back into the pockets of the energy companies, there will be a lot of spin off jobs from this pipeline.
Before the leftwingers come in here and claim it's only going to provide 10 permanent jobs, please take the time to read the report so you don't look stupid.

Is it me or do you have the wrong guy?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

nobakken.com...

Is it me or do you have the wrong guy?

It's an economic win for the region.
NoBakken linked to the report, they can't dispute the numbers, only say 'oh well, some of the people that come to work on the pipeline will be from out of state. So what? They are American workers making a living.

During the construction stage, the four-state region will experience:

 An employment increase of nearly 33,000 job-years2 resulting from the direct and the secondary impacts of the spending

 The average annual compensation for those jobs will exceed $57,000

 About 39% of the jobs will be construction jobs, engineering and architectural services will account for about 6% of that increase, followed by food services, real estate and employment services

 The increase in employment will generate a $1.9 Billion increase in labor income

 And a nearly $5 Billion increase in production and sales in the region3

There will be 160 full time jobs directly associated with the pipeline when it is complete.
Companies shipping via pipeline will save about 2.5 million dollars a day versus rail in total.
That will translate into increased spending in the area, drilling and service companies will benefit, the entire region will benefit.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Be nice to see us not rely on fossil fuels. However not any time soon i suppose. But people won't be complaining when them gas prices drop after this line is put in. Just saying.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Burerbuddy is right, you got the wrong guy.... did you comprehend my post? re read it, then read it again, then one more time. wait five minutes then read it once more, then let it sink in. So how exactly am I looking stupid here, choose your words carefully this time so you don't put your foot in your mouth again, thank you.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

Another big win for corporations over people and their rights. Money over humanity.

don't fool yourself, the protest was over money from the get go. the tribe thought they were gonna get a payday a 10 million dollar one and got greedy. the pipe line said piss on you and went some where else. the tribe then said we'll protest claiming it will mess up the water and cultural heritage and force them to do it our way. it backfired.

ETA: and as a matter of fact the oil pipe line parallels two natural gas pipe lines that cross the same river. you didn't hear about any protest over them.
edit on 9-3-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Companies shipping via pipeline will save about 2.5 million dollars a day versus rail in total.

this is wrong it will save a lot more then shipping by rail. in just law suits.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
i recall they will be pumping by the end of March FINALLY!!!

Keystone come on down!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter

Burerbuddy is right, you got the wrong guy.... did you comprehend my post? re read it, then read it again, then one more time. wait five minutes then read it once more, then let it sink in. So how exactly am I looking stupid here, choose your words carefully this time so you don't put your foot in your mouth again, thank you.

I was pretty sure someone would come in and dispute your claim that the pipeline was creating a lot more than 100 jobs, it usually happens that way.
Sorry you felt attacked, my post wasn't directed towards you. In fact to the contrary, it backed you up with an economic report validating your claims of a lot more than 100 jobs. Why you get so angry? I never said you looked stupid, I was backing you up, with your comment about SJW's I certainly didn't see you as a left winger. Maybe try rereading my post? Peace out.

top topics

join