It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddhist purism and why it is disliked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
in the study of seven deadly sins, i found something concerning ways a which to purify....that which is not-necessary...
lust #1
pride#2
my top two most disliked, personaly..., link takes you to study of sin,
this may a relate in parallel, Christian and Buddhist church,
YAKUSHI HIGHLIGHTS

Made 12 Vows as a Bodhisattva
Two Attendants named Nikkō and Gakkō
Commands 12 Warrior Generals (Twelve Yaksa)
Manifests in Seven Forms (Shichibutsu Yakushi)
Surrounded by Eight Bodhisattva in mandala
One of 13 Deities (Jūsanbutsu) of the Shingon sect
who are invoked in memorial services for the departed.

the medicine buddah
well thank you for reading!
please note what you find to be true or things that feel clean as i keep the study in travel soley for mission of health matters.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

I can only speak from personal faith and experience. My understanding is that sin is the product of subjectivity and evil is the product arrogance. Sin is always the wrong choice, and evil is any action or thought process that is void of personal love for God (which builds capacity for impersonal love towards all other living creation.)

There is no one shot solution for personal sin and evil. For those who believe in Christ for the remission of sin, every consciousness act/thought of sin should first be confessed privately to God the Father as often as they are committed (1John 1:9). To reverse the growth of evil in the soul, the believer must then abide in Christ's love by learning the Word of God and living on it.

Without faith in Christ, there is no remission of sin

Without 1John 1:9, there is no recovery from sin.

Without the Word of God in a believer's life, there is no restoration of the soul.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

well i like Christ a bunch too! and sidhartha!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Sin literally means "to be in error." Sin is due to ignorance, not subjectivity.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

Sin literally means "to be in error." Sin is due to ignorance, not subjectivity.

Much ignorance is because of subjectivity. Flawed fake information that have nothing to do with creation on all levels stated as facts and beliefs. Faith is a big part in ignorance. The more connected to other parts of creation the less faith is needed since you can measure instead.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Subjectivity to ignorance.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Buddhism doesn't recognise sin in itself. It recognises karma (action) and vipaka (resulting reaction). For instance, if ones mind is lost in lust, we will be reborn as a lower animal so we can replay those animalistic urges until we realize their emptiness. So to correct lust or pride in this lifetime, we should try realize that fulfillment of those urges doesn't result in everlasting happiness but continual suffering.

"According to the seed that’s sown,
So is the fruit you reap there from,
Doer of good will gather good,
Doer of evil, evil reaps,
Down is the seed and thou shalt taste
The fruit thereof."

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
All these replies and I have no idea what OP is saying or asking..

new topics

top topics

join