It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake News breeding ignorance.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It's not poor form, because you went from advocating it, to all of a sudden against it. Why didn't you realize this before? Or are you just realizing it now? Or do you still feel that way?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Arnie123

Well, considering you compared our President to "Hitler" and then even went as far as sanctioning fake material to get him impeached...

So what does that have to do with this thread,

If you feel you still want to discuss these issue with me then i have thread on them that you are free to post on.

Attacking me over comments made on another thread is pretty poor form.

You are not the only one though.

It certainly is bad form. However, whats worse? your thread on crying about, "Fake news breeding ignorance" or the thread advocating fake news for the sole purpose of removing our President?

You see, this has everything to do with that other thread as well. How can you cry about something like fake news while supporting fake news in that other thread? You see where this is going? No, I don't need to go to the garbage to take a look, I was wallowing in it and chuckled at the ridiculous nature of it.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

It's not poor form, because you went from advocating it, to all of a sudden against it. Why didn't you realize this before? Or are you just realizing it now? Or do you still feel that way?

It is 100% off topic.

I made comments in a thread I authored which can be found here, I stand by my comments if you wish to discuss them further with me then feel free to post on that thread.

This thread is about a totally different topic.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

It certainly is bad form. However, whats worse? your thread on crying about, "Fake news breeding ignorance" or the thread advocating fake news for the sole purpose of removing our President?

Again off topic.

if you read my thread i am talking about the way that fake news is now used as a tool to simply dismiss information that challenges a individuals world view.

I am not in anyway discussing POTUS.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

It most certainly isn't "Off Topic" and very much has to do with this topic. It serves as a testament to your hypocrisy in regards.

You don't get to say, "I advocate fake news if it means removing President Trump" then create a thread crying about, "Fake News Breeding Ignorance".

(post by OtherSideOfTheCoin removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

(post by OtherSideOfTheCoin removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

(post by Arnie123 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I won't refute that. However, isn't about the POTUS, rather, the hypocrisy you're displaying

ok let try to be civil i will address the point you are making.

in another thread I said that I would support the idea of the American intelligence establishment engineering a situation to bring about Trumps impeachment. I also went on to say that i don't think this is necessary because I think his impeachment is inevitable. (NOT THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD)

This thread however is about how people have developed a bad habit of dismissing information they disagree with or that directly challenges their beliefs as "fake news" and that i belief this encourages ignorance. (THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD)

These two are totally different topics, if you see hypocrisy then that's fine, but it does not change my views.

now please go trigger someone else before bedtime.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

ok let try to be civil i will address the point you are making.

Sounds good.

in another thread I said that I would support the idea of the American intelligence establishment engineering a situation to bring about Trumps impeachment. I also went on to say that i don't think this is necessary because I think his impeachment is inevitable. (NOT THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD)

Analysis and review. Supporting Fake news. The context isn't whats in question(POTUS). its "Fake News", the topic of this thread.

This thread however is about how people have developed a bad habit of dismissing information they disagree with or that directly challenges their beliefs as "fake news" and that i belief this encourages ignorance. (THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD)

You make a valid point and I agree. However, guilty by association. Nonetheless, you "ignorantly" touted the reception of "Fake News" to induce an ACTION.

These two are totally different topics, if you see hypocrisy then that's fine, but it does not change my views.

Thus, you see now how these became entangled?

"I eat hamburgers to get full" = "eating hamburgers to get full is stupid, eat healthier"

now please go trigger someone else before bedtime.

...but I thought only fourteen year old's say that???

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Not going to start a pissing contest with you but yeah, if you spoke to me the way you have on-line, I would make sure you left with a sore face.

No, I won't. Again, don't go there, you looking foolish.

something else that really piss's me off is how people hind behind the internet and just speak to people whoever they want without any thought of common decency.

Hide? what other means of browsing is there? would you prefer an always on webcam? would that make you feel better? Besides the CIA that is...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I did not make any mention about the use of fake news to facilitate his impeachment all I said is i would support the engineering of the circumstances leading to his impeachment. Now yes i guess this could involve fake news but i never specified how this would be engineered, I would imagine that there is a wide range of possibilities as to how this could be done.

Again these are two different topics if you wish to discuss the impeachment of trump further then I have a thread where you can do just that.

But this thread is about something totally different you know it and i know so please lets stop this off-topic tangent.

No, I won't. Again, don't go there, you looking foolish.

I will go there if i want, if you spoke to me the way you have on this thread in person I would make sure you left shaken.

now you might think i look foolish saying it but its just the way i am, I believe that everyone should disagree civilly and those who can't do that should be shown the consequences. Its a bit of a silly point though to be discussing you were winding me up, as you know you were, i lashed out at you. I am sorry if it makes any difference but its still true, speak to me like that public you walk away with a sore face.

I would like to think however that you show a little more respect however when speaking to a stranger in person.
edit on 8-3-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I can agree with a lot of what you said. What I can't stand is how people blindly accept things as true without having any sense of logic when it comes to deciphering baseless rhetoric from fact. Twisting words to satisfy their trust in a person is not being true to oneself.

This "Fake News" term has become a cliché with people when news reports don't support their views. Lets face it, we have conservative and liberal bias news sources. That will never change! People will always form an opinion based upon their personal or corporate political party affiliations. People have a choice to get their news from any source they feel aligns to their political beliefs. However, when there's clear evidence based upon fact, the truth will always transcend both the liberal and conservative perspective.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join