It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Military Expert: 'We Are Quietly Seeding The U.S. Shoreline With Nuclear Mole Missiles'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I'm not saying they aren't. I'm saying that more isn't always better. Our 20 B-2s have a mission capable rate of around 85%. That means 85 of 100 missions are flown. Some of the Russian equipment, with several hundred examples to make up the difference, run in the 60 and 70% range. So yes, they get more for what they pay, but if you can't get it built the same every time, or where you can fly missions with it, what's the point of having hundreds.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Who's working with who again?

The Russians are great artists when it comes to conspiracy theories.
I think in fact they may have invented the whole concept....

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Viktor Baranetz apparently consumes more vodka in a day than 10 normal Russians do in a week.
edit on 8-3-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Cheeki Breeki, Vodka = Guts.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The Russians put astronauts into space with their rockets all the time with excellent results. They cost way less to build than American equivalents because the contractors make less profits. And even their contractors are getting rich.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

While I agree with what you said about quality, I know first hand how the military waste money. I was a helicopter mechanic and we paid 18 dollars each for a little rubber O-ring that you could pick up for .40 cents at a local hardware store. That's just one tiny example.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Wouldn't you agree that contractors can get away with a lot more than US forces in a warzone? I think that is their purpose. Less regulation and red tape plus it gives the gov plausible deniability.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Of course we do. I'm not disputing that at all. In fact I've been screaming about how screwed up our procurement process is because of it for years. I'm just saying you can't point to another military and say they're proof of our system is screwed up. Especially one that all their suppliers are controlled by the government.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Middle east media and research institution lol

Former military lol ok

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Time to start digging the coast to look for the mole missiles.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
if true thats terrifying to think that they could all just be sitting out there waiting to create a massive tsunami to flood the coast lines. id imagine our military would know the locations of each one since im sure theyd be making some noise and the oceans are wired with mics. shouldnt be hard to figure out where they are if u go over the data. personally i think its bs but who knows, can never be too careful
edit on 8-3-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
With the arsenal of ICBM's, submarine, ship, and plane based nukes they have, wouldn't mole missiles be redundant?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Yup the US military doesn't even try to control its money.

My uncle is a window cleaner. He normally for a english house gets £20. He lives near a few US bases and he can charge £40 for the house of someone on that base, why? Because apprently they can charge that on there expenses and the US military just covers it, no questions asked without looking into the real price of the service.

Now this is one self employed window cleaner.

So imagine what mega corporations with lobbyists and armys of salesmen and lawyers get away with! Well $20,000 toliet seats and $2000 hammers

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymousebut the USA just keeps buying from the same big defense contractors who overcharge them.

That might certainly be true; but the US government certainly doesn't help it’s bottom line by demanding that their defense contractors jump through hoops to deliver product. A lot of that "overcharge" is self-imposed.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
a reply to: Zaphod58

While I agree with what you said about quality, I know first hand how the military waste money. I was a helicopter mechanic and we paid 18 dollars each for a little rubber O-ring that you could pick up for .40 cents at a local hardware store. That's just one tiny example.

Because prior to selling that little rubber O-ring to the military the Contractor had to prove chain of custody of the material that made that little rubber O-ring to insure it was not counterfeit material or came from area of the world we are mad at. Than the contractor had to guaranty that little rubber O-ring would not fail prematurely. Than that contractor had to guaranty supply of that little rubber O-ring for 30+ years without changes to its specifications. You don’t get all that with the little rubber O-ring you pick up for .40 cents at a local hardware Store. That’s a lot of "American" man power that goes into all those guaranties and documentation.
edit on 8-3-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
You have to remember, the USA really over pays for anything military. Russia does not have that problem, and neither does China. I am sure that most European countries watch what they are spending and try for good deals too, but the USA just keeps buying from the same big defense contractors who overcharge them.

Russia gets way more bang for their buck, they probably can buy five times as much as the USA does for the same equivalent of money. China gets about a ten to one advantage over the USA on military purchases.

Our budget lines the pockets of the rich

And this is exactly what's wrong with our country and what Trump has said he plans to change. He said he will even take part in negotiations with the defense contractors to stretch that $54b way more than in previous budgets. Good for him. Cut the waste!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Interesting comparison, the Russians (Zap correct me if I'm wrong) used V-2 German rocket technology in their Soyuz (many like 30-40) and do not lift heavy payloads, the Apollo program had a lot of problems designing bigger rockets for the moon shot and the first stage of the Saturn V has 4 BIG engines.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I suggested that seeding the US and NATO coast with warheads may be happening about 2 years ago when the sub was detected off of the Swedish coast.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Russian and Chinese equipment has also had major production and reliability issues we don't see. They get more equipment because their philosophy has always been quantity over quality, and it shows in reliability and accident rates.

A friend of mine used to sell stuff to the airbase here, they paid top dollar for everything, they had to spend money to get more money. The company he worked for actually made lots of money and the Air Base got the best delivery of anyone.

That is just a small amount of money that is wasted, I went to the auctions at the base many times. There was brand new stuff they were auctioning that was way less than a penny on a dollar of what it cost to buy. Sent there by the people in Washington just trying to spend lots of money so they could get more. The majority of the military budget goes to these high dollar purchases, things that are not necessary half the time.

I used to look at the prices of the military expenditures and where the money was going many years ago. Military contractors were raking in the money. Way more than what you would get doing it in the regular market. I didn't get into bidding military contracts, but a friend of mine did, he got very rich doing it.

And this isn't just for military spending. It's in all facets of government. From construction jobs to equipment purchases for a typical office, it doesn't matter. When it comes to government spending versus private spending, contractors know and they high buck the hell out of the government.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Umm no. They are the exact same o-ring. And it doesn't last 30 plus years, they get replaced whenever the part comes off. That was just one example. We had a 10 foot pole that we used to fold the tail. Just a hollow pole painted red. About 4 inches in diameter. $11,000!

This stuff always reminded me of Independence Day when the dad said "you don't really think they pay 30 thousand dollars for a hammer do you?"

And like most government agencies at the end of the year my squadron would blow money so that our budget wouldn't get reduced. Things like throwing one year old furniture away and buying new ones.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join