It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Military Expert: 'We Are Quietly Seeding The U.S. Shoreline With Nuclear Mole Missiles'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
SO is this guy for real? Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov dismissed the mole missile claims.

Viktor Baranetz a retired colonel and former defense ministry spokesman asserts that Russia has "seeded" the coastline of the US with mole missiles that dig themselves in and detonate when given a command.

On February 28, Russian military expert Viktor Baranetz, a retired colonel and former defense ministry spokesman, published an article in the Russian tabloid Komsomolskaya Pravda titled "Trump-Pump-Pump And Our Big Bang." In the article, Baranetz asserted that Russia has asymmetrical responses to the increase in the U.S. military budget. According to Baranetz, Russia is "quietly 'seeding' the U.S. shoreline with nuclear 'mole' missiles" that "dig themselves in and 'sleep' until they are given the command" to detonate.
www.memri.org...

This is Russian's Asymmetrical response to the military spending that the US currently has. Trump also intends to increase the military budget by 54,000,000,000, the US budget is larger than the next 10 countries added together.

"Our Asymmetrical Response Is Nuclear Warheads"

"The U.S. is the permanent 'world champion' in the size of its military budget – almost $600 billion, which is 10 times more than Russias. Even if we add together the military budgets of the top ten countries in the world, they would not reach the American budget! Now it turns out that even that is not enough for Donald Trump. He intends to increase defense expenditure by $54 billion. This money would be enough to maintain five Polish armies. Or 10 Ukrainian ones.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I can't even wrap my head around that.

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You have to remember, the USA really over pays for anything military. Russia does not have that problem, and neither does China. I am sure that most European countries watch what they are spending and try for good deals too, but the USA just keeps buying from the same big defense contractors who overcharge them.

Russia gets way more bang for their buck, they probably can buy five times as much as the USA does for the same equivalent of money. China gets about a ten to one advantage over the USA on military purchases.

Our budget lines the pockets of the rich

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
No way.

Placing/smuggling a weapon of mass destruction anywhere within the borders of a country is considered (internationally) to be an act of war.

Think about it ... it some kid dug one up while building a sandcastle ... just LOL ...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: PRSpinster

I have never heard of mole missiles.

Wonder if there is such a thing? Nothing on a search, maybe Nintendo has a mole missile.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
No way.

Placing/smuggling a weapon of mass destruction anywhere within the borders of a country is considered (internationally) to be an act of war.

Think about it ... it some kid dug one up while building a sandcastle ... just LOL ...

Then it would have a missile defense!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You really think that DOD (along with all the alphabet agencies) would just roll over and let that happen? Pretty sure I'll continue to sleep well at night over Russian "mole" missiles. There are plenty of other realistic threats to worry about.

p.s. I have no issues with my country protecting itself from past, present, and future threats via it's military. Deterrence is really our only hope to hold onto our Country and its ideals as threats to our sovereignty seem to pop up daily.

link   
If that was something I was doing there's a 100% chance that you wouldn't know about it lol

+6 more 
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Russian and Chinese equipment has also had major production and reliability issues we don't see. They get more equipment because their philosophy has always been quantity over quality, and it shows in reliability and accident rates.

link   
Dr Peter Beter used to spout a similar rhetoric in the 1970's and early 1980's.

He also claimed the Bolsheviks had taken hold of the U.S Government.

www.peterdavidbeter.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
i wouldnt be surprised if true

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hmm..

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
If you truly wanted to decrease our defense budget, then stop hiring contractors to do the jobs of soldiers. In every aspect of the military from cooks to police to intelligence to infantry, you have soldiers sitting on their butts getting paid crap while a contractor is getting paid 3-5 X more to do the job of the soldier. But too much money slips between the palms of Contractor company owners and politicians in order to stop overspending there. This is a big part of the reason I left the Army.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: rickymouse

Russian and Chinese equipment has also had major production and reliability issues we don't see. They get more equipment because their philosophy has always been quantity over quality, and it shows in reliability and accident rates.

A friend of mine used to sell stuff to the airbase here, they paid top dollar for everything, they had to spend money to get more money. The company he worked for actually made lots of money and the Air Base got the best delivery of anyone.

That is just a small amount of money that is wasted, I went to the auctions at the base many times. There was brand new stuff they were auctioning that was way less than a penny on a dollar of what it cost to buy. Sent there by the people in Washington just trying to spend lots of money so they could get more. The majority of the military budget goes to these high dollar purchases, things that are not necessary half the time.

I used to look at the prices of the military expenditures and where the money was going many years ago. Military contractors were raking in the money. Way more than what you would get doing it in the regular market. I didn't get into bidding military contracts, but a friend of mine did, he got very rich doing it.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Since the nineties the Russians have had the capability to use one nuke and EMP mainland US.

That would leave the land in tact.

I doubt they have the mole missiles, if we detected that it would be an act of war.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The reality when it comes to military tech you do pay for what you get. You can't aquire it on the cheap that's just myths started by countries that cant afford the expenses.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Your thread brings up an excellent point on military spending. As "Rickymouse" pointed out, the US overpays for equipment. This is where it gets interesting. Yes the budget is going to increase, but at the same time, President Trump will be looking to streamline a lot of programs for practical ones and stick the finger to those contractors who charge a pretty penny. Like that 800,000 round? STUPID. Don't get me wrong, cool munition and very fancy, but not at those prices, that's straight criminal.

If the Boeing and other entities are any indication, President Trump will most assuredly get the most bang for the buck, that is one of his premises, DO MORE FOR LESS.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Anyone remember the hokum movie about the chinese tunneling under america to plant nukes under major cities?

Now its Russian mole missiles...

be verrrry 'fraaid

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
If you truly wanted to decrease our defense budget, then stop hiring contractors to do the jobs of soldiers. In every aspect of the military from cooks to police to intelligence to infantry, you have soldiers sitting on their butts getting paid crap while a contractor is getting paid 3-5 X more to do the job of the soldier. But too much money slips between the palms of Contractor company owners and politicians in order to stop overspending there. This is a big part of the reason I left the Army.

I know what you mean. When I was stationed at Fort Hood, we had plenty of Soldiers lollygagging. There is more than enough experience there to put them to work. I know I did.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
More anti Trump stuff coming out of Russia, hmmmmmm

Who's working with who again?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join