It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everybodies talkin bout em.... Hypocrites

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Yep thats right! Hypocrisy is making a come back, and its more popular than a marxist on a college campus.

I mean, not that hypocrisy ever really went any where, but it seems to be going stronger than ever.

Let me first admit that I am a hypocrite. We all are to some extent. For example, one of my big pet peeves is people that leave half drank beverage cans lay around. My wife has informed me that sadly 90% of the time that is me.

But I am talking about a more brazen form of hypocrisy. Hypocrisy in political discussions.

We all see the scariest examples. Anti fascists using fascists behavior, free speech advocates demanding censorship, pacifists throwing punches for peace; the list goes on and on. We now have the people that fought the deep state during the Vietnam war becoming their biggest cheerleaders. Its astounding.

Dems are demanding recusals from Trump people, while they scoffed at the thought of Lorretta Lynch having to recuse herself after her tarmac meeting with Bill. Trump hates anonymous sources, yet relies on them almost exclusively for his tweets.

But even here on ATS this trend is being mirrored. For example, people in the media and elsewhere were appalled at Ben Carson saying slaves were immigrants. That was parroted here on ATS. Yet when pointed out that Obama also did that, then suddenly its not that referring to slaves as immigrants is bad, its all about the context all around it.

The same with the phrase Make America Great Again. Trump says it, racism. Bill clinton says it, clever slogan. Why? Ummm, feelings?

But it gets even worse than this. You can call someone ridiculous for not forming conclusions based on facts, all the while claiming you know the guilt or innocence of someone based on your feelings. You can name call or attack someone, and then claim you are a victim if they do it back.

In fact, on some instances on both ATS and out in the world it has approached almost surreal levels. Entire arguments are brushed aside with the term ridiculous by a person, and then this same person espouses the virtues of how they are interested in having a discussion involving facts. Responding directly to the exact words a person says in considered twisting their words for not knowing what that person was assuming.

It is simultaneously hilarious and frightening.

So I am going to make an effort to call out this behavior when I see it, and give factual points as to why it is hypocritical. And I hope people will call me out and show me when I do this. And know, just saying "Your a hypocrite", or "You twist everything" isn't productive, just to clear that up.

But I know most of these attempts to call it out will fall on deaf ears. So I will keep on plugging away, on my endless impossible journey for a world of rational discussion. Hopefully I can chat with some of you fellow travelers along the way.

edit on 8-3-2017 by Grambler because: I can't spell

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Oh and another thing I hate is when people make threads that just complain about behavior they don't like.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Stop being a hippopotamus Grambler.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Keep on slaying them with your most excellent facility for logic and content-driven arguments. It's important work and I, for one, learn a lot from you and appreciate the time you take to make such solid points. Thank you, Grambler. Even if you are a soft drink hypocrite!

edit on 8-3-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I'll see your objective reality and raise you my subjective reality.....see how that works?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

I'll see your objective reality and raise you my subjective reality.....see how that works?

Unfortunately for you you didn't know that your unconscious reality agrees with my objective reality.

Oh and stop microagressing.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

Unfortunately for you you didn't know that your unconscious reality agrees with my objective reality.

Oh and stop microagressing.

Sadly it's all relative in the end.....

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I hardly ever leave a half drunk can of beverage hanging around. I grew up in a different time, we were only allowed three sodas a week. We savored it. We drank it all and it wasn't about cost, a sixteen ounce glass bottle of soda cost seven cents back then...plus two cents deposit on the bottle.

So many people waste food it makes me kind of sick, we waste about ten bucks worth of food a month and that is way too much. I even debone the chicken and use the bones to make soup. Strange thing is that soup made from bones is one of the best thing for you.

As far as hypocrites go, someone who tries to balance things is not a hypocrite, they promote diplomacy instead of taking sides. But being in the middle does not conform to "you are either with us or against us" and you still get labeled as a hypocrite for pushing sensibility... That is life in this new world we live in. No in between. If you do not agree with the way someone is believing, you are wrong, you are evil. Politically correct is a big part of this, they are trying to make us say we believe in something we really don't believe in just to be socially accepted. Our beliefs are bad, the only beliefs are good is what they believe in.

Our society is being torn to shreds. Who is behind this insanity, is it the Russians or the liberals who are acting just as the Russians want them to act, destroying our nation from within. Is it groups like ISIS who want our nation to crumble and want Muslims to come to our country so they can make their members being here have more invisability? These Radical Terrorists want the people in our country at each other's throats. ISIS is winning because our society is becoming polarized, yet the people cannot see this.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I believe that the hypocrisy of media over the last few decades has had the greatest effect on our current situation. It has reached insane levels. It is everywhere. It is advertising, information, cultural norms. It drives me crazy.

I think that when our hypocrisy is pointed out to us on individual levels, we more often than not adjust and attempt to rectify, even if after a moment of indignation. We just don't ever get the same self reflection from a collective establishment, and I find that to be a harmful example to be set for an easily influenced people.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

"......our society is becoming polarized, yet the people cannot see this."

As long as the MSM controls the narrative the vast majority of Americans will remain polarized.

edit on 8-3-2017 by WilliamtheResolute because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

“Beware the irrational however seductive. Shun the transcendent and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Dont be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish. Picture all experts as if they were mammals. Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. Suspect your own motives and all excuses. Do not live for others
Part way through the tweet thread I got to looking at that ...We do get knocked off our game from time to time .Its a downer but getting back up with more resolve and determination just makes us stronger and better humans . Its easy to fall into collectivism and a hard climb out ...integrity wins and will rest well during the sleep ...peace

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

“Beware the irrational however seductive. Shun the transcendent and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Dont be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish. Picture all experts as if they were mammals. Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. Suspect your own motives and all excuses. Do not live for others
Part way through the tweet thread I got to looking at that ...We do get knocked off our game from time to time .Its a downer but getting back up with more resolve and determination just makes us stronger and better humans . Its easy to fall into collectivism and a hard climb out ...integrity wins and will rest well during the sleep ...peace

Its a Christopher Hitchens quote. He is one of my biggest inspirations. I try to read that quote every day and live by it.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
In fact, on some instances on both ATS and out in the world it has approached almost surreal levels. Entire arguments are brushed aside with the term ridiculous by a person, and then this same person espouses the virtues of how they are interested in having a discussion involving facts. Responding directly to the exact words a person says in considered twisting their words for not knowing what that person was assuming.

It is simultaneously hilarious and frightening.

Good food for thought, perfect for today.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

We all see the scariest examples. Anti fascists using fascists behavior, free speech advocates demanding censorship, pacifists throwing punches for peace; the list goes on and on. We now have the people that fought the deep state during the Vietnam war becoming their biggest cheerleaders. Its astounding.

Bite your keyboard. The anti war protesters aren't in charge, they never were. I'm from that era, I protest the endless war now, too.

Yep thats right! Hypocrisy is making a come back, and its more popular than a marxist on a college campus. [

The last time, that opinion got college students killed, for (wait for it)... protesting the Vietnam War. They weren't commies, they weren't facsists or liberals, they were thinking, feeling human beings.

They were shot and killed by the aggressive white establishment that still runs this country today.

STFU, sit down, read some real history, stop re re labeling people in a negative light. This demeans them, marginalizes them, de humanizes them, 'nuff of that gone on already.

Kent State University war protest, students gunned down by national guard soldiers

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
I am well aware of the history.

Who said they were in charge? Though many of the people that the were protesting the Vietnam war are Democrats or on the left now.

Here is Glenn Greenwald who released the Snowden info and is a liberal thinks of what the democrats and those who were against the establishment are now doing. Its long so I won't post it.

www.democracynow.org...

And we see what the cultural marxists on campuses now are all about. Censoring free speech, rioting and beating those with different opinions.

But all of those berkely riots and all examples of insanity on campus must be a lie because a student got shot at kent in 1970.

And the white establishment! Hahaha! Yep, its whiteys fault!!! You say not to label people, but make it a point to especially label the evil establishment as "white"

Thanks for showing us a great example of hypocrisy!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

And we see what the cultural marxists on campuses now are all about. Censoring free speech, rioting and beating those with different opinions.

I heard it was outside agitators that infiltrated the Berkley riots and started the rioting, attacking buildings and setting fires. They weren't students.

What do I know.

Quit painting them as Marxists, or just call them commies, be true to cold war insulting rhetoric.

Systematically scapegoated and demonized.

new topics

top topics

join