Lets go through his bullet points at the end.
- Their economic situation is largely the result of voting for supply-side economic policies that have been the largest redistribution of wealth
from the bottom/middle to the top in U.S. history.
No they are poor because people on both parties have worked with the federal reserve to enact economic policies that benefited the wealthy banks and
their globalist agenda. As a result jobs are disappearing and wages are stagnate. Obama was instrumental in helping these bankers
- Immigrants haven’t taken their jobs. If all immigrants, legal or otherwise, were removed from the U.S., our economy would come to a screeching
halt and food prices would soar.
Wrong. Immigrants directly compete with low skill labor like in these rural areas. And I made an article on the racism of statement like this, that
say we should have basically indentured servant illegals work for next to nothing to keep food prices down. Who would have thought, this educated
liberal wanting his life to be easier off of the back of illegals.
- Immigrants are not responsible for companies moving their plants overseas. The almost exclusively white business owners are responsible, because
they care more about their shareholders (who are also mostly white) than about American workers.
True. And who was pushing the TPP that would have made this worse. Who did Nafta? Oh yes, democrats.
- No one is coming for their guns. All that has been proposed during the entire Obama administration is having better background checks.
The liberals will never be satisfied until gun ownership is nearly impossible. Here is my thread on Obamas gun town hall.
- Gay people getting married is not a threat to their freedom to believe in whatever white god they want to. No one is going to make their
church marry gays, have a gay pastor or accept gays for membership.
True. I am for gay marriage. I live in a rural area, no one really cares about gay marriage. But gay people going outrage shopping to find a bakery
that wouldn't serve them is an outrage. And this author had to throw in "white" god. he sounds like a racist.
- Women having access to birth control doesn’t affect their lives either, especially women they complain about being teenage single
No one i know is against birth control. They are against abortion.
- Blacks are not “lazy moochers living off their hard-earned tax dollars” any more than many of their fellow rural neighbors. People in need
are people in need. People who can’t find jobs because of their circumstances, a changing economy or outsourcing overseas belong to all
First this is true. But how big of this guy to speak of equality after he got done calling all rural white conservatives as dumb racist. So his point
is someone labels blacks moochers = racist, someone lablels rural whites dumb and racist = educated opinion.
- They get a tremendous amount of help from the government they complain does nothing for them. From the roads and utility grids they use to
farm subsidies, crop insurance and commodities protections, they benefit greatly from government assistance. The Farm Bill is one of the largest
financial expenditures by the U.S. government. Without government assistance, their lives would be considerably worse.
Of course the government helps and hurts all of us. So what, these people who are losing jobs and their homes should praise the government for the
crumbs they are given?
- They get the largest share of Food Stamps, Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security.
Yep. Because government policies from people like Obama have devestated them. And knowing this level of poverty exists in these areas, why are they
ignored by politicians? And why is crime not as bad as in urban areas? I mean, they are all just uneducated racists, so you would expect huge levels
of violent crime.
-They complain about globalization, yet line up like everyone else to get the latest Apple products. They have no problem buying foreign-made
guns, scopes and hunting equipment. They don’t think twice about driving trucks whose engines were made in Canada, tires made in Japan, radios made
in Korea, and computer parts made in Malaysia.
Trade among countries is different than globalization. So what is the argument here? Like your I-phone? Well then submit ti international control!
You must now make room for any number of refugees we want.
- They use illicit drugs as much as any other group. But when other people do it is a “moral failing” and they should be severely punished,
legally. When they do it, it is a “health crisis” that needs sympathy and attention.
Like this author is discussing the moral failing of poor white people? And if its such a huge problem (which it is) why is it largely ignored well
urban problems are constantly focused on? And why is crime so much lower than in other drug infected communities?
- When jobs dry up for whatever reason, they refuse to relocate but lecture the poor in places like Flint for staying in failing towns.
I don't ever here rural people telling urban people to move. I think this author is projecting. So what is this, is the author saying that these
poor rural people deserve to be poor as revenge for supposed dumb things they say? What an ass.
-They are quick to judge minorities for being “welfare moochers,” but don’t think twice about cashing their welfare checks every
Ironically this whole article is asserting poor whites are welfare moochers and more. But I guess it ok for this guy to do it because he is an
educated liberal. But yes, many rural people do say stuff like this. And many urban people speak of rural people in contempt. GThis has a lot to do
with the identity politics like this article is preaching.
- They complain about coastal liberals, but taxes from California and New York cover their farm subsidies, help maintain their highways and keep
the hospitals in their sparsely populated rural areas open for business.
And yet the work that these dumb people do is what makes the elites way of life possible. By the way, these people are so poor but again this wealthy
liberal thinks they should be thankful for the crumbs they are given. And he conveintly leaves out how coastal liberals speak of fly over country and
the deplorables that live their with such contempt.
edit on 8-3-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)