It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should America Be Worried? Current Media Warzone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Should America be worried about the current battle between Obama, Trump and its People? I personally would say so.

During the Presidential candidate process, there was a constant (building) hatred against Trump. This hatred seemed to brew from news anchors and the stories they were fed to cover. People did not at first seem to reflect this hatred but with the constant bombardment of news articles over un-backed false stories, the false news statement came about and for good reason. The clear attack on Trump had nothing to do with his past or present choices. From the moment Obama gave up the position, he seems to not let go of the strings he was pulling.

Obama keeping tabs on Trump

He seemed to go from nice guy to man who was possessed by the power he once held. Now people that followed Obama are following his backing against such storylines that hit the news that again is backed by nothing more than fears of what could happen. It is known that fear is a great controller and many people are too lost in their busy lives to know that it is the fear they are giving into and not real change. The change that Obama promised never occurred. So what we are looking at is over sensitivity and loss of public able to switch between reality and news. Many people know that American news outlets play a big part in many American lives. It becomes the entertainment of choice, rather than looking to what really is going on.

That, people, is a worrying state to be in. People are getting so lost that now when the news reports a new story, it goes from. The story, to fake news, to it, cannot be fake news, to they are not lying, therefore, we shall proceed to trust the news. People feel so lost, they wish to be led, without knowing so.

Right now you have a situation where some form of loss of power is occurring within Washington and America and those people are trying to demonize Trump and create a false sense of self-propagated means to remove him through public choice. Which isn't a public choice.

This is the first time a President has been backed by himself and his own funds. Sure funding from those that wished to see him in office but that is a normal process to a president being elected. So he is their off his own back, no one to adhere to and no one to tell him how to do things.

I am not comparing him to John F. Kenedy but I would like to say the similarities of a man drove by his own ambitions and hatred for secrecy is very strong here.

Look what happened to him.....

edit on 8-3-2017 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

"Trying to demonize Trump?" It's interesting how Trump supporters fail to see how any of Trump's MANY fights and controversies could be self-inflicted in any way. It's ALWAYS the Democrats and Obama.

Trump could literally saw his own foot off and I'm sure there will be Trump supporters lining up to tell us how Obama did it.

PS: You guys really should stop comparing Trump to JFK. It's an insult to JFK. For one, JFK stands for literally everything that Trump doesn't.
edit on 8-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

"Trying to demonize Trump?" It's interesting how Trump supporters fail to see how any of Trump's MANY fights and controversies could be self-inflicted in any way. It's ALWAYS the Democrats and Obama.

Trump could literally saw his own foot off and I'm sure there will be Trump supporters lining up to tell us how Obama did it.

PS: You guys really should stop comparing Trump to JFK. It's an insult to JFK. For one, JFK stands for literally everything that Trump doesn't.

I would not expect anything less from your posts.

Not comparing him to JFK, as I mentioned in my post. Did you glaze over that?

This is again another seeming constant that you seem to think that something Trump is doing is self inflicted. No, it is people like yourself looking for anything you can to spin into something it is not.

I am not defending Trump but I am shocked at the sheer dissolve of all ability for people like yourself to see how lost you've become in your reasoning. Seems there is no changing that however, there is a lot of people like you. No idea how that came to be. However there is a lot more that are sensible considerate Americans that voted Trump in and are not behaving like yourself. Like someone not getting their way, this is unprecedented actions and really is so worrying to watch.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
I would not expect anything less from your posts.

Not comparing him to JFK, as I mentioned in my post. Did you glaze over that?

You still brought him up. If you truly didn't want to compare, then why even mention him in the first place? Thread filler?

This is again another seeming constant that you seem to think that something Trump is doing is self inflicted. No, it is people like yourself looking for anything you can to spin into something it is not.

I am not defending Trump but I am shocked at the sheer dissolve of all ability for people like yourself to see how lost you've become in your reasoning. Seems there is no changing that however, there is a lot of people like you. No idea how that came to be. However there is a lot more that are sensible considerate Americans that voted Trump in and are not behaving like yourself. Like someone not getting their way, this is unprecedented actions and really is so worrying to watch.

Says the guy who seems to think that Trump can do no wrong.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
my dislike of trump started 25 years ago.

thought he was a pompous ass then and still do today. what I find incredulous is that he won campaigning for the rights of the working poor. doesn't make a lick of sense to me...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

This is again another seeming constant that you seem to think that something Trump is doing is self inflicted.

Actually no, what you're doing is twisting Krazy's words here.

Here... I'll quote it...

how Trump supporters fail to see how any of Trump's MANY fights and controversies could be self-inflicted in any way.

As in you've closed your mind to the possibility that Trump could be at fault...

When Trump rants and raves on Twitter at 3 in the morning talking absolute bollocks it's not the media's fault, or Obama's fault, or the Liberal's fault...

It's solely on Trump.

This latest furore hasn't blessed us with any evidence of wiretapping, so he reaps what he sows.

This is the problem.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

" Trump supporters fail to see how any of Trump's MANY fights and controversies could be self-inflicted in any way. "

Sometimes One must Suffer the Slings and Arrows of Outrageous Fortune in order to get to a Truth . We All know there is Massive Corruption in Washington Politics Today , but it is just a Matter of Time Before the Truth Cannot be Hidden Any Longer when the Lies begin to Fade . President Trump is Fighting the " Good Fight " in that regard , and who are Any of Us to Stand in the Way of that ? ....Hmm ?
edit on 8-3-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

(post by bender151 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I mention JFK because he was against secrecy, seemingly Trump is too. That is not a comparison, that is mentioning two people that had the same view of the world and how one is being attacked via the media and the other was shot.

One being attacked through media, one shot.

Make of that what you will, I have my own views on that.

Trump is human, so can do wrong. Obama did a lot of wrong that destroyed many American lives, so did Bush. However again, unprecedented for a man that has not even had time to sit down is attacked like he is.

.... Does your keyboard look like a sword? Always nice to meet a keyboard warrior.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

No.

In your haste to blame someone for blaming someone, you fail to accept the reality that there has a been a LOT of unsubstantiated BS that was thrown around about Trump during the campaign, but to be fair, a lot of it came from the right, too, during the Republican debates.

Nothing in the OP says anything about the blame being placed "ALWAYS [on] the Democrats and Obama," but it is noting that a lot of the current asininity of the media and the left can be traced back to those two things.

Or shoot someone in Times Square and not loose any support?

But to stay on-topic and address the OP directly, you are absolutely correct in your assertions about Obama's seeming addiction to power now that he's out of office (which isn't a surprise, thus far, except that he hasn't been even more vocal), but I don't necessarily blame the MSM or Obama or the Democrats--I prefer to blame the apathetic or those addicted to ideology who allow such vitriol to be accepted as truth without much research into the claim.

It's like heroine--once you allow it to take over, it's nearly impossible to wake up from the addiction.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I mention JFK because he was against secrecy, seemingly Trump is too. That is not a comparison, that is mentioning two people that had the same view of the world and how one is being attacked via the media and the other was shot.

Trump is literally whining day in and day out about leaks within his administration. He is also holding press conferences where you cannot take photos. He clearly DOESN'T prize secrecy.

One being attacked through media, one shot.

Make of that what you will, I have my own views on that.

Trump is human, so can do wrong. Obama did a lot of wrong that destroyed many American lives, so did Bush. However again, unprecedented for a man that has not even had time to sit down is attacked like he is.

I never said that Obama and Bush didn't do wrong. You wrote this thread about Trump. Why are you distracting about those two ex-Presidents?

.... Does your keyboard look like a sword? Always nice to meet a keyboard warrior.

Speaking of being attacked... You do know you didn't put this thread in the mud pit right?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

" he won campaigning for the rights of the working poor. doesn't make a lick of sense to me..."

Seems to make Sense to the " Working Poor " who Now Feel they Will be Working for Some Time Now Thanks to President Pompous Ass ..........Hmm...

" Construction jobs increased by 66,000 in February, and the manufacturing sector added 32,000.
Trump has pledged to dramatically improve the U.S. employment market in those sectors as he tries to lure businesses from overseas and stop jobs from fleeing across the border."

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 8-3-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The OP doesn't even acknowledge that Trump could be at fault for many of his own situations. It is dishonest, because Trump is VERY much at fault for many of his current controversies. I'm not going to lie and say that the media or the Democrats haven't piled on, but to sit there and pretend like Trump is a saint in all this is stupidly biased.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Well, to be fair, anti-Obama folks, especially in 2012 (but they put up Romney...their fault), were pretty bad about things, although not to the extent that many (Progressive) Democrats are currently acting (including the media, who the Repubs didn't have help from back on 2012/13).

But, man, you are spot on about people who have become lost in their reasoning, and I do see it mostly from the left, but being fair, there are quite a few blind Trump supporters who think that he can do/will do/has done no wrong. It's a cancer on both sides, although with the left it's currently at stage 4, whereas with the right, I'll say stage 2.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Nice to see a genuine and understanding response.

You understood my viewpoint entirely.

I add that yes, that is the concern here. The power and who is behind these people too, pulling the strings. There is a lot of money flying around these days.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

maybe he can start with his own companies, has he brought those over yet, or is planning to?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

The OP doesn't even acknowledge that Trump could be at fault for many of his own situations. It is dishonest, because Trump is VERY much at fault for many of his current controversies. I'm not going to lie and say that the media or the Democrats haven't piled on, but to sit there and pretend like Trump is a saint in all this is stupidly biased.

The OP doesn't have to note every possible option that could exist concerning the motivations of the anti-Trump mentality that we are currently plagued with as a nation.

His OP focuses on one motivation, and that's all that's necessary. Comments should be directed specifically to the topic and not toss in Straw Man arguments to attempt to shut him down.

ETA: I appreciate your acknowledgment that the media and the Democrats have been piling it on, though. We can absolutely agree on that truth.

edit on 8-3-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
OK, folks, this isn't the Mud Pit. You wanna chuck mud, go there...

Let's have a little decorum, shall we?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

so, trump isn't to blame for ANY of the negativity thrown his way?? you honestly believe that??

his late night tweets are beyond bizarre, but we shouldn't be concerned... wow.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Nothing will happen to him. Nowadays they would just wait it out until his term ends and do their best to sabotage him politically.

I admire Trump. It is not about his policies. It is about his determination and strength. Of course he is a politician and he uses all the tricks of his trade (I find all that interesting, too), but there is something genuine about him beyond the usual. I really hope he will stay grounded, not get bought off and be the people's President to some degree. He is just a guy and miracles don't happen, but may be he can get the U.S through for the next 4 - 8 and give it back its direction.

From this side of the ocean the U.S is on fire (in a good way I mean). I love it. It is nice to see. Good things come from lots of questioning and political frenzy. Just more growing pains of a democracy I think.

The media is the media. Trump has trumped them because he and the U.S people have shown they are not so much the fool, they see through media character assassination campaigns and are not so naive now. They have decided for themselves instead of listening to all the propaganda. That is one up for the people and one down for the media. This is a very healthy sign.

I congratulated Obama when he won office because his success was really winning that office. No-one can take that away from him and he has made a path for ethnically diverse Americans to reach the highest office in the land in terms of career.

Just by getting into office Trump has already had his success and I congratulate him, too. He has beaten the media and the non government lobbyists (who act more like puppet masters because of their banking and business clout internationally). He is true blood DEMOCRAT, Baby! This shines like a healthy light.

Yep, any time he could blow it as we all can. Don't expect miracles. Politics is fast and of a transient nature just like the News and Current Affairs; it is all about the moment and Trump only has to do this thing 4-8.

Good luck America.

edit on 8-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join