It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why James Comey Puts Tape Over His Webcam

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Man , those Poor Dims gotta Lot of Thinking to Do in 2020 , How they gonna Try and Ditch Her ?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I've been doing this since 2006. I thought everyone knew.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I put a mannequin in my place facing the camera.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It depends on your level, if you really want you can normally download the maintenance manuals for the devices and cut the cables and tape the wires together and thus remove any problem, you might need a torx screwdriver or two but you can be sure that there is zero chance of that you are wearing/saying going back to so group of spooks.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
I've been doing this since 2006. I thought everyone knew.

I think most everyone does know. These are not revelations as much as confirmation.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Nah, she will get a Hollywood style make over, botox, face lift, fillers, liposuction all over, she will look like a 40 years old.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

President Trump Has No Choice Now , Comey Must Be Fired ASAP !
A Defiant Federal Employee, being Paid a Salary by the Tax Payers , given the job by a Previous President , is telling the American Public he's not going anywhere ? GTFOOH !

FBI Director Comey rejects talk of resignation: ‘You’re stuck with me’

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Do you know how to find them ?

Grab your mobile phone and bring up camera mode, now look through your phone and trace around the edges of your tv from around 3 feet back, if a camera is present it will show as a dull white light or a dull pulsating flash, if you don't find the light, no camera is in your tv.

Option 2 is to take the back off your tv (very easy to do) and look around the inside edges of the tv, look for wires etc. (PLEASE DISCONNECT FROM POWER OUTLET FIRST)

I spooked 2 mates with a thread on here about this a while back, one had a Samsung ,the other a Sony, both very modern tvs, and no cameras inside there.

So, i challenge you ATS, check out your tvs and report back.

I bet the only ones that do have SKYPE hardwired.

edit on 8/3/2017 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

It's standard practice in the tech and intel world to cover cameras with a piece of tape. The difference between these guys and most of us, is they know the cameras can get hijacked by any number of methods from phishing to direct zero-day hacks.

In either of those worlds, they face Russian and Chinese state-sponsored hackers who want sensitive national information and also commit commercial/corporate espionage. Then they've got world-renowned hacker groups to worry about and the more independent lone wolves too. Oh and I nearly forgot to add the others who actively look and test for vulnerabilities before warning the owners and taking a reward.

Beyond that, all our own agencies are potential intruders too. Comey will want to secure his camera from rivals and people who might want to bring him down.

I think his comment that, "I copied it" is one of two things. Either he's a wily old bastard acting stupid or he's a crazy old bastard who should have known better and been told better by his staff. The first is more realistic.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I saw it on the movie Snowden

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Vaseline gives pics that nice soft focus..old photographers trick.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Yes this is not a new thing at all.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

There's plenty of that on my laptop.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

I wasn't going to go there

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think I've had tape over mine for at least 15 years.

Don't want a smart anything, smart meters are starting to come to the UK and I guess I will have to fight the Electric companies eventually.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Also if you have a Smart TV there is a camera facing outwards inside.

The ones that do gesture commands have one, but most do not.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
Do you know how to find them ?

Grab your mobile phone and bring up camera mode, now look through your phone and trace around the edges of your tv from around 3 feet back, if a camera is present it will show as a dull white light or a dull pulsating flash, if you don't find the light, no camera is in your tv.

Not at all.

Cameras don't emit anything your phone would see. You may be confusing IR area lighting associated with security cameras with the camera itself.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
My former laptop used to occasionally chime and say 'your Skype session just disconnected'. I don't use Skype. So I suppose it's possible someone knows how to get to your camera that way. Alas. Mine got the nail polish treatment years ago.

If you ever try to get Skype out of Windows 8-10, you'll find it's nearly impossible.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Comey is likely compromised. Wikileaks shows us its not difficult.

who knows what wikileaks has in store for us

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I've always had tape over my laptop webcam, ever since I've been using them back in the mid 90's lol. Geez, I have tape over the selfie-taking cam on my phones as well. Isn't that the sensible thing to do, nudge nudge wink wink, say no more...

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join