It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bank of Mexico reveals its gold bar list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
They used some FOIA equivalent to request Banxico release its gold holdings. Looks like the majority of it is in England, most of which is allocated. But according to the math by the author, nearly 1/4 or a 1/3 of that are in not allocated. That really puts their holdings at risk in the event of a sudden need for it when everyone else wants their too. I get why they not storing it in Mexico, it would either just slowly dwindle through adjustments from paperwork errors due to corruption, or outright violent theft from the cartels. They should store it in Germany or Japan, I wouldn't trust the Fed either to hold anyone's gold. Or beef up security and bring it back home, which is preferable.

by Guillermo Barba, author of Inteligencia Financiera Global in Mexican Forbes.

The Bank of Mexico (Banxico) has become one of the first central banks in the world to reveal its gold bar list.

In this space we have recommended that Banxico and any other investor with positions in gold as a store of value and financial insurance should maintain physical possession of its bars, or at least, store them in a secure vault on an allocated basis.

Last December, thanks to an official Request for Information by means of the Transparency Law, Banxico informed us that:

‘Of the 3.881 million ounces of gold that the Bank of Mexico has at the end of October 2016, 98.95% are held in the United Kingdom, 0.0004% at the Federal Reserve Bank in the United States and the remaining 1.05 % in Mexico.’

Banxico also told us that it had a total of 7,265 gold bars in allocated accounts at The Bank of England (BoE), which means that only about 2.9 million ounces are well identified with serial number, brand code, gross weight, assay and fine weight at that location.

For the complete list in .pdf form, use the following link --->Complete list of Bancixo's Alocated Gold Holdings held in England The following link is a direct download of a pdf file

Now then, any chance the Federal Reserve will do whats right and follow suit??
edit on 3-8-2017 by worldstarcountry because: typo

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Not a chance in hell. Because ya'lnow, it's empty.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

eh, well at least we have this much.

0.0004% at the Federal Reserve Bank in the United States

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

The fed is a broken system. It's definitely in need of a reboot sometime soon. Inflation is out of control.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Well the rate will go up next week, maybe as much as a half a percent. So this makes for a good buying time for bullion if thats any consolation. it is for me.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Looks like the majority of it is in England, most of which is allocated.

Giving a whole new meaning to 'tangible' asset.

Like when they made everyone turn in their gold in 1933 , putting it all in one place (Fort Knox) for 'safe keeping', then issuing receipts... lulz

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If my fag packet maths is right gold is only about 3% of their foreign reserves.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Well right, because every country on Earth just keeps printing more and more toilet paper and fire kindling. Anyone could start with an equal amount, and then over time, as favors need to be done, one can double the volume of paper in mere days or even hours, whereas it would take some time to mine enough gold to match the pace and volume. I just surprised they are keeping all their eggs in one basket, so to speak. They have a few 6500 ounces of Rothschild gold too, right between Royal Canadian Mint (my fav's for bars) and Reserve U.S. Assay Offices and Mints NEW YORK. #'s 6389 - 6404.

Im going to look those up. Im assuming they acquired that as payment from government investments in their funds.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Sounds like the leaders of Mexico have it in England as a rainy day fund in case they have another revolution and they lose power.
Or the cartels take over and they have to run for there lives.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Some areas of the Grand canyon National park are no go areas, some even have military bases on them. This is because the dirt has a very very high gold content. They know roughly how much they can get out if they need too. So even if Fort Knox is depleted theirs a back up.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Mexico could issue a Silver backed Peso, and end their misery tomorrow. Even at the joke Comex fix, they would be ahead.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity
That would be pretty damned cool, but then they would get Libya'd, and those terrorists in the cartel are going to start playing for keeps crossing the border.

I took some profit on Monday, lets see how long it hits the bottom. Ill buy again if it gets to 1150 whether it hits resistance or keeps going. I feel like 1020 is a possibility, but in no way do I believe sub 1,000 is any longer a reality.

Thoughts??

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
1122 is the buy........if it gets there

It's so stupid to store your friggin gold somewhere else, huh

Like across an ocean

editby]edit on 10-3-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

lol no # about storing gold anywhere but where one can access it on a moments notice. But 1122 was the bottom the week before New Year. I locked in around 1138 few days after. Not too far off from the bottom. We still have to blow the weekend and make it to Tuesdays rate hike. How hard do you thin the blow will be??? If it drops under 1100$, which I feel is possible, but less likely I will buy up anything I can.

Silver rolled back to $14 sure would be nice though. I would grab a Kilo at that price.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

They should store it in Germany or Japan

Germany had been storing it's gold in the USA.
They want it back.

Hugo Chavez got his countries gold back several years ago.

All the world is a Ponzi scheme it seems.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

You will never see gold go below 1200 , Every time they put the interest rate up the thirty year bond goes down. For some reason, many think the Bonds will go first. That will take the pensions down, as many are paying out the principle now. The only reason Gold and Silver are getting shorted is because, its the lifeboat commodity. They have to squash the demand or their would be a rush, for the lifeboat. You can see what the mining shares are doing, but strangely its not being reflected in the price of PM.s simply because its giving them the #s. Gold and silver is the only real money, always was and always will be.
The problem being, It going to be interesting when demand gets so high they loose out on the shorting, because then they have to come up with the PM or the Cash. When one bar of silver has a hundred paper owners, it will be cash they will have to front up with, they reckon the London gold and bullion exchange could go bankrupt if this happens.
If they were not shorting Gold and silver, I think the conservative estimates for silver are 600 an ounce and gold at about 8 thousand. That's now, if hyperinflation gets going its anybody's guess. Above ground silver is about the same tonnage as above ground gold, like real estate they aint making any more.
Mexico will need the wall to keep the Gringos out.
edit on 20-3-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

join