It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China says NKorea could suspend nukes for halt in US drills

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I would like to see NK to intensify their programs and get a lot more aggressive in their defenses. We all know what happened in Syria, Middle East est est when usa say something. I will NEVER EVER do anything to weaken defenses even if the useless of a promise me golden clouds and swear on their mothers grave. Usa killed more people and destabilize more countries ( direct and by proxy) in the last 50 years than the rest of the world put together. a reply to: brutus61

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It is the fact that every real free person outside USA and west know Usa do nothing for peace or protection. Every single thing they do is for some contorted sick reason to to harm to someone outside usa. a reply to: brutus61

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Er, China does not want democracy and success on its borders.

Not because it would 'act as an unwelcome focus on their oppressive dictatorship', to quote your words. They wouldn't want it because it would (theoretically) be a US supported economic and military powerhouse sitting on the border. A direct contender and threat. Democracy is inconsequential to the scenario, not least because China already allows its citizens to travel to many prosperous democratic states.

A reunified Korea is inevitable as the North will eventually collapse. It will either be killed off, or die. Unless China intervenes and occupies, which is possible and with precedent, the natural inheritor of North Korea is the South. The unification of Korea is a political goal in South Korea with significant and overwhelming popular support.

Korean Gov website

Unification is Korea's national goal. We hope to bring an end to the tragic 70-year division and usher in a new era of a unified Korea where the happiness of all the Korean people is ensured.

South Korea uses reunification as a domestic political ball from which to gain support. Most South Koreans, regardless of their position on reunification, recognise that any such move would have a negative impact (at least in the short term). In the long run though, many countries would be concerned about reunification due to the potential strength of a reunified Korea.
edit on 8-3-2017 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
Not because it would 'act as an unwelcome focus on their oppressive dictatorship', to quote your words. They wouldn't want it because it would (theoretically) be a US supported economic and military powerhouse sitting on the border.

I think both are true.

Regardless, North Korea is a basket case regime replete with all the brutality and abuse you can shake a stick at. Why would China actively support such a place? Well, because the alternative is a unified Korea. Understanding that unification is a goal of the South, sheds light on their policy to tolerate all the antagonism and belligerence from the North, and why the North (supported by China) is so belligerent.

There is a long game here and the South are playing it, and so are China. However, China have demonstrated that they can barely keep the North controlled and that just introduces risks. These are serious risks, and why the South is installing half-decent missile defence in the form of THAAD, the point of the thread.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
In other news China admits they control N. Korea and they are too late because everyone already knows.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

I think that the Chinese stance would be against it. They would see such as a provocation against their interests.

Personally if I was in charge of the USA, I would say the following to China: 1) We would agree to stop the drills, however, in addition to the stopping of the nuclear weapons, North Korea, would have to agree to 2 things 1) To stop the nuclear testing and to abandon such research. 2) To agree to an official end to the Korean conflict. And if China could get such to happen, that we the US would stop all drills and that there would have to be some normalization of relations and a ceasing to the isolation that has been imposed on North Korea.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join