It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN head, Jeff Zucker: politicians should defend the media from Trump's "attacks".

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: gladtobehere
It is shocking. I have seen some articles, but they really should be having a fit. I know I am.
I have CNN use some strong words and The NYT and The Guardian. But I think just strong editorials aren't enough at this juncture.

Politicians should be very loud about Trump's attacking the media. It is a constitutional issue. It should be brought before congress for a hearing.
It is incredulous that Trump keeps destroying the china shop.

In other Words , Defend the Lies , Protect the Lies , Show Contempt for the American Public and the Truth at All Costs for the Preservation of the Deep State Agenda of Manipulating Public Opinion in order to Control the Everyday Lives of the Masses . As for the Constitution , it would Advise the People to Eliminate the Threat the Rouge Media and the Deep State Demigods have Imposed on Us for the sake of Freedom Of Speech . We Will Not Be Silenced , the Law is on Our Side , it is Rightous , and Inspires us to Preserve Our Freedoms at Any Cost including a Lawful Revolution If Necessary .

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

The Press is the watchdog for the American people and we count on them to hold politician and the government's feet to the fire and ask really hard questions.

Well this is what the press should be but sadly they are far from it.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Yes, it is their responsibility to make sure we have a free press.

Some would argue that is exactly what Trumps calling them out on, the fact the press isnt the free press its a propaganda instrument.

Now Im not exactly sure if your pro or anti Trump
but CNN have made it abundantly clear that they are anti Trump and as a "news agency" they have a responsibility to be unbiased.

Even someone full of Trump hate should be able to see they dont report news, they shove opinion pieces backed by very little down peoples throats.

Take the Russian nonsense for example, a responsible news agency might mention they accusation but they would withhold on reporting it as factual till actual proof came out and not just unfounded accusations.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

It is shocking. I have seen some articles, but they really should be having a fit. I know I am.
I have CNN use some strong words and The NYT and The Guardian. But I think just strong editorials aren't enough at this juncture.

Politicians should be very loud about Trump's attacking the media. It is a constitutional issue. It should be brought before congress for a hearing.

The only constitutional issue is you guys thinking Trump doesn't have a right to free speech. He can label them whatever he wants just like they label him and his supporters. Nobody is holding back freedom of the press. They are free to report whatever they want, but that doesn't mean anyone has to believe them.

What's next? Are conservatives in general not going to be allowed to be critical of CNN's reporting?
I'd like you to remember this the next time a Democrat is in power.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Fanatics have no limits. Same old blame game over, and over, and over, and.......a reply to: hutch622

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rookseven

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

The only constitutional issue is you guys thinking Trump doesn't have a right to free speech. He can label them whatever he wants just like they label him and his supporters. Nobody is holding back freedom of the press. They are free to report whatever they want, but that doesn't mean anyone has to believe them.

What's next? Are conservatives in general not going to be allowed to be critical of CNN's reporting?

I'm well aware all American citizens freedom of speech is a constitutional right no matter if it's a Liberal or Conservative as president. It seems the left need a refresher course on freedom.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

Politician + trust = oxymoron.

Ummm...actually...it's just moron...there's no oxy getting to those brains...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Give Mr. Zucker a break. He was saying this while on a satellite conference call with Syria Danny and at the same time dodging machine gun fire from North Korean terrorists armed with weapons of mass destruction who were bayonetting babies in incubators.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I laugh at his crocodile tears. Their warm moisture nourishes my soul.

Of course CNN is crying foul....he's going after them specifically. Because they screwed up and keep running false stories, thinking they can just print a (ignored) retraction 3 days later and everything will be ok. Most of us, in our work, are expected to get it right the first time, not 3 days after we set the place on fire with our mistake.

If anyone avails themselves of aiding the media, they are simply propping up propaganda. "The media" and "free press" are not mutually exclusive. And CNN has no right to exist, and no right to be spoken politely about by the President.

I've already said that were it me, I'd have pulled their WH credentials on day 1, and froze them out completely.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Lol, you bleeding heart liberals are amazing... What part of CNN gives you the idea that they are "free press"?? hahahaha

You (liberals) literally can't be reasoned with....

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The CNN? or they mean the CIA? Cnn needs to come clean and say it, they are a tentacle of the CIA.

Let give them a box of tissues to wipe the tears.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Looks like Jeff Zucker has read the latest polls, Americans do not trust the Lamestream media anymore! Hell nowdays I trust more RT news than our Parrots on the payroll (MSM)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Trump's darling, Fox News went to court and won the right to lie to the people. Where was your outrage then?

IRONY ALERT. This is fake news.

www.snopes.com...

CLAIM
Fox News won a 2004 court case allowing the cable channel to lie to viewers. See Example(s)
RATING
FALSE
WHAT'S FALSE
The case involved a Florida Fox affiliate, not the Fox News Channel.

Another common misconception is that Fox News invoked First Amendment protections in order to retain the “right to lie” during the lengthy legal battle between the couple and the Florida Fox affiliate. There was no mention of any such claim in the appeals court decision, and Akre herself does not corroborate it. Ultimately, the FCC concluded in 2007 that the conflict between Akre and Wilson and the affiliate boiled down to an “editorial dispute … rather than a deliberate effort by [WTVT] to distort news.”

The “right to lie” claims are similar to another false story about Fox News’ trustworthiness, that the network was banned in Canada because it does not meet stringent Canadian broadcast standards for truthfulness.

originally posted by: Rookseven

There's no need! Democrats were in power the last 8 years and the MSM were nothing more than lap dogs for Obama. Anyone critical of Obama was attacked, discredited, demonized and labeled racists.

edit on 8-3-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

If they want to make sure we have a free press, the Politicians would break up the 6 large media monopolies so that 6 world corporations do not have control over the Press. The US Press is no longer free when Global organizations own them, who are only interested in promoting their global views. The Press in the US no longer represents solely the US citizens interests, therefor it is unconstitutional.
edit on 8-3-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

There are no Constitutional issues involved.

Anybody can still call somebody any name they want.

The MSM is just jealous because they are getting called out and exposed via the 1st Amendment.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Zucker has a vested interest in getting DC to fight his fight. He is desperate to have the Time Warner/AT&T merger approved. Because, you know, citizens need less choice, more monopolies.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

The Time Warner brand isn't what it used to be. The AOL debacle really hurt them, and burned up cash. Im shocked they survived, honestly.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The Press is the watchdog for the American people and we count on them to hold politician and the government's feet to the fire and ask really hard questions.

Buyer beware! The free press is one of America's most priceless nation treasures, whether it's some right/left wing nut job spouting paranoid nonsense or the most sober and boring report of events, like CSPAN!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Thin skin much? If they want FREE press, they have to be able to take the HEAT. There is no free lunch.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Buyer beware! The free press is one of America's most priceless nation treasures, whether it's some right/left wing nut job spouting paranoid nonsense or the most sober and boring report of events, like CSPAN!

Don't you think this is strange coming from you, a person who was just spreading fake news a few posts ago?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join